Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Darn Endocrinologist

Started by Battle Goddess, January 23, 2019, 03:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnneK

QuoteI think you have as many bad male as female doctors, female doctors may hide it under a better facade?

I have an endo who is an idiot  (in my eyes), but that has nothing to do with male or female, he is just an idiot, but I am stuck with him.

My issue with some male doctors is not competence but attitude.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

AnneK

Quote from: Dietlind on May 09, 2019, 08:02:20 AM
here you can read anyting you wanted ever to know about that baby!

https://www.webmd.com/urinary-incontinence-oab/picture-of-the-prostate#1

I've seen the movie!   ;)

My urologist has used an endoscope on me a couple of times, with the display on a monitor right where I could watch.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

•  

Linde

Quote from: AnneK on May 09, 2019, 08:04:14 AM
My issue with some male doctors is not competence but attitude.
Tell them if you feel treated wrong!  You are their customer, speak up!  Or go to another doc.  I had a urologist telling me that he does not like to castrate healthy men, well, he did not earn the money for my orchi, I went to one who did not mind to take my balls!
You are not married to any doctor!  I don't know the attitudes of female doctors, because I never had one.  The wife of a friend was a doctor, and we agreed that it would not be good, if she would see me as a patient
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Quinn

Anne I have already had an orchi so T is not an issue with me and have never had an issue peeing so that is good. But still will be seeing doctor I guess for physical exam. Cant imagine with all the blood I have given for transition they have not checked it
  •  

AnneK

Quinn

A PSA test is not automatic.  The doctor will only request one when they think it's necessary.  If you have questions about this, your doctor is the one to ask, as the people here have no idea what your full medical history is.

Please note, I am not a doctor and I don't play one on TV.   ;)

•  

JanePlain

Quote from: Quinn on May 09, 2019, 05:00:28 AM
After reading this about prostate cancer I think its time for me to get checked. I have never been checked in my life and im 53  guess its time

Men live significantly shorter lifespans. Women have yearly encounters with a doctor every year after age 12 or 13. The last time most men have seen a doctor was when their mom took them. Why women live longer doesn't seem like a mystery to me  :D If men did get checked in the Military they probably are even more doctor phobic.

I believe that yearly physicals and labs are a must. I am pretty sure that doctors have signed on to this idea that PSA tests are optional.  I believe I was told at age 50 you should have had a colonoscopy and start doing yearly psa, DRE, Lipids, and all the generic labs I can't think of for some reason.  If you have information you can do something.  If you don't have information your driving around the race track blindfolded.
  •  

JanePlain

Quote from: AnneK on May 09, 2019, 08:06:37 AM
I've seen the movie!   ;)

My urologist has used an endoscope on me a couple of times, with the display on a monitor right where I could watch.

Arg its even worse then I thought.  The DRE doesn't seem to come close to feeling the prostate other then maybe the half side (or less)
  •  

notaprofessionaljustapro

Battle Goddess,
    Congratulations! I understand what you mean. I know I want to do this but before my first injection, I was like afraid. IDK of what. I guess of not knowing. And after the first two shots (that I had to just due without really thinking about) it became super easy and now Im always excited for my HRT!
  •  

Maid Marion

Quote from: JanePlain on May 09, 2019, 06:54:04 PM
I believe that yearly physicals and labs are a must. I am pretty sure that doctors have signed on to this idea that PSA tests are optional.  I believe I was told at age 50 you should have had a colonoscopy and start doing yearly psa, DRE, Lipids, and all the generic labs I can't think of for some reason.  If you have information you can do something.  If you don't have information your driving around the race track blindfolded.

Every year for me.  Though I cancelled my last one and set up a new appointment with a new doctor as the old one retired.  Figured she needed a baseline as I'm hardly "normal."
  •  

AnneK

Quote from: notaprofessionaljustapro on May 12, 2019, 03:54:13 PM
Battle Goddess,
    Congratulations! I understand what you mean. I know I want to do this but before my first injection, I was like afraid. IDK of what. I guess of not knowing. And after the first two shots (that I had to just due without really thinking about) it became super easy and now Im always excited for my HRT!

I couldn't wait to start.  I took my first pill as soon as I got home from the pharmacy.  I was even tempted to take it right in the store!  I just knew I needed to take those pills.

•  

steph2.0

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Ricki Wright

@@battle goddess

In response to the post that started this thread: It sounds like your GP really was in touch with the community, and kinda saw that you needed a nudge and almost as cool as my GP. She responded to the news I had figured out I was transgender by spinning back around on the stool to look at me with an ear to ear grin of happiness for me saying "That's AWESOME!" I was kinda prepared for a variety of reactions and that one was so not on the list. I am grateful for it as it was my first truly positive recognition I had gotten.

I hope your trip on the e-train is as fun and exhilarating as the one I am on, or better.

Ricki
At 5 I forgot who I am. Fortunately, who I am protected me all these years until I remembered. Whatever else happens, I will live the rest of my life whole.
My story: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244130.0.html
HRT 07Nov18
  •  

Battle Goddess

There's always a darkly humorous scene in TG fiction where the protagonist, having been turned into a woman overnight, goes to the bathroom mirror and bounces up and down to make his tits jiggle.

Damned if I didn't do that today.

Spironolactone January 10
Divigel January 20
Estradiol Valerate March 14
  •  

Ricki Wright

Quote from: Battle Goddess on May 16, 2019, 04:43:58 PM
There's always a darkly humorous scene in TG fiction where the protagonist, having been turned into a woman overnight, goes to the bathroom mirror and bounces up and down to make his tits jiggle.

Damned if I didn't do that today.

YES!!!!! Congrats! Way to go! Cheers!

sigh...I can't do that yet.....YET!

Ricki
At 5 I forgot who I am. Fortunately, who I am protected me all these years until I remembered. Whatever else happens, I will live the rest of my life whole.
My story: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244130.0.html
HRT 07Nov18
  •  

Battle Goddess

Quote from: Ricki Wright on May 17, 2019, 01:36:54 PM
YES!!!!! Congrats! Way to go! Cheers!

sigh...I can't do that yet.....YET!

Ricki
Never said I wasn't grossly overoptimistic.

Divigel January 20
  •  

Battle Goddess

A challenging day today. Started out writing what I thought would be kind of a lighthearted piece, and man, that sucker turned dark on me! If you want to read it, I posted it under the heading "Snowballing."

Went and read it to tdoc. My day-to-day accent is the "educated upper middle-class white American" one that broadcasters use, but when stressed, I drop back into the Southern/Appalachian that I had when I learned to talk. I could sense that as I got to the end of the piece I had shifted into full-on Southern.

What surprised me was tdoc complimenting me on how well my femme voice is coming along. Now, you have to understand that I have a beautiful, rich baritone voice. It's like Johnny Cash over honey. People love it, and I've been encouraged more than once to become a voice actor. So when out of the blue, tdoc says that I'm making great progress, the first words out of my mouth are, "What femme voice?"

Apparently, during these stressful moments, I had not only shifted accents but also shifted registers and resonances. I'm writing this note six hours afterwards, and I can feel the muscles in my throat sore from being worked differently than they're used to.

This transition stuff is getting too bizarre.
Divigel January 20
  •  

Maid Marion

When I get stressed my voice gets more femme.  And I can hear the rising pitch as I finish my last sentence.
  •  

Battle Goddess

Quote from: Maid Marion on May 20, 2019, 06:53:37 PM
When I get stressed my voice gets more femme.  And I can hear the rising pitch as I finish my last sentence.
In fact she pointed out that I'd gone from my usual chest and abdominal resonances to oral and nasal resonances, which she says aren't controlled so much by vocal cords as musculature, and that are often dictated by culture as gender markers.

I've lately taken to consciously listening for that; maybe subconsciously I've figured out how to mimic it. I'm a p good mimic.

Divigel January 20
  •  

Battle Goddess

I was standing in front of the bathroom mirror the other day in my bra and panties, putting on my makeup as I got ready to go out, and the thought occurred to me that something has changed in my life...

Divigel January 20
  •  

Battle Goddess

Vincent on his way to see Mia. Me on my way to see Tdoc.

Yeah. It's Estrogen Day.

Mmmmmmmm

Divigel January 20
  •