News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Famed 'conversion therapist' now plans to 'pursue life as a gay man'

Started by Janes Groove, January 26, 2019, 12:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janes Groove

Famed 'conversion therapist' now plans to 'pursue life as a gay man'

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/426864-famed-conversion-therapist-says-he-now-plans-to-pursue-life-as
-The Hill

This is just weird.  The dude STILL doesn't condemn conversion therapy.
  •  

itsApril

How many lives have been destroyed by "conversion therapy" and "pray-away-the-gay?"

Meanwhile, this guy just walks away from all the damage he has done to get on with the next "phase" of his life.
-April
  •  

GingerVicki

Quote from: itsApril on January 26, 2019, 01:55:37 PM
How many lives have been destroyed by "conversion therapy" and "pray-away-the-gay?"

Meanwhile, this guy just walks away from all the damage he has done to get on with the next "phase" of his life.

That's an odd twist. Finding a date may be a challenge. Oh, the seeds we sow in life.

Talk about a mark someone doesn't want to have in life.
  •  

Dani

It appears to me that Mr. Matheson was in denial and his advocacy of conversion therapy was his own personal experience. It obviously did not work for him, so why expect conversion therapy to work for anyone else?

I am not trying to find fault here, just thinking out loud.
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: itsApril on January 26, 2019, 01:55:37 PM

Seek not vengeance for vengeance is the lords.

Don't worry. He is infamous and practically an exile. Now his past and every judging thing he has ever levied against another will be thrust upon him a multitude over.

Do not allow him to claim another victim by filling you with bitterness.
  •  

GingerVicki

i guess it all depends on what his approach was. the article hinted at him advising people on how to live with it.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •