Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Did I pass when I was in France?

Started by 930310, January 28, 2019, 02:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So I went to France over the weekend and I put on makeup every day and ventured outside in Paris. I didn't wear any female clothes either but people referred to me as "mademoiselle" or "madame" whenever I interacted with them. I speak enough French to get around and understood what people said when we talked so I guess that my voice passed without me even trying. Still, I fear that most people read me as male because of my height, voice, clothes and face. The ones who referred to me with female pronouns probably did it because they thought I was trans...

Serious replies please.

Here are a few pictures of me when I was in France.
HRT on and off since January 20, 2014
Diagnosed with GD: March 2018

https://www.youtube.com/user/930310
  •  

Jenny1969

I think you look great!!!    Looking good. Keep it up.   How was Paris? Still dirty?  Every time we went to Paris we found it dirty and the city workers went on strike every 4 hours   
Jenny :)

20 November 2018 Got off the fence. 3 December 2018 Initial consult and GD diagnoasis. 28 December 2018 started HRT. 14 Feb 2019 Started Spiro

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: 930310 on January 28, 2019, 02:08:36 PM
So I went to France over the weekend and I put on makeup every day and ventured outside in Paris. I didn't wear any female clothes either but people referred to me as "mademoiselle" or "madame" whenever I interacted with them. I speak enough French to get around and understood what people said when we talked so I guess that my voice passed without me even trying. Still, I fear that most people read me as male because of my height, voice, clothes and face. The ones who referred to me with female pronouns probably did it because they thought I was trans...

Serious replies please.

@930310
Well, it sure looks to me like that you convincingly passes from viewing your posted photos.   Your hair and appearance are definitely female....
That is so good that your voice passed without even trying, that can be a problematic feat for many transitioners even with voice therapy.

Thank you for sharing and posting.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Serious replies please.

Yes you did!   Bravo!   Nicely done!   :)

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

SarahWithin

Serious replies please.

Lovely! How could you not pass?

Hugs,
Sarah From Chitown
[emoji257]
  •  

The general fears I have about my face are my brow ridge, eyes and scars which I consider quite masculine.

•  

GingerVicki

Quote from: 930310 on January 28, 2019, 02:40:58 PM
The general fears I have about my face are my brow ridge, eyes and scars which I consider quite masculine.

You passed. Contrary to many peoples opinion some women, more than people think, have brow ridges and anyone can have scars. Scars are not a male thing. Scars are just part of your life story.
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: 930310 on January 28, 2019, 02:40:58 PM
I think that in your photos you look very pretty and feminine.  Your brow ridges are not prominent, and I didn't even notice them until you mentioned them.  Your eyes do not pass as male; I see them as 100% feminine.  Anyone can have scars, male or female. 

The only thing I can't judge is your voice.  You say your voice passed, so I would think that you did indeed pass.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

I've been doing voice training for about three weeks now but I feel that the high pitched voice that I can produce is too thin so I am sticking to my regular voice which is a bit nasal. The reason I asked here was because I was in France with my father and he kept correcting the people that I was male and ruined a lot of my enjoyment there...

•  

pamelamoore2706

Serious replies please.

You certainly did pass! 100%! 
Go you!
Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Elizabeth_Swan

•  

•  

Margrit

•  

Inspectoral

You absolutely passed, without a doubt or a second glance. I'm happy for you!
  •  

Dani

Well, you certainly appear female to me.

However, I noticed that your profile listed your preferred gender as "Q".
Do you mean queer or questioning?

Many young people have an androgynous appearance based on societal expectations. We often do not grow into our extreme masculine or feminine appearance until much later in life. Since you are young, thin and have very long hair these are typical female expectations. Also, keep in mind that your winter coat has hidden most of your clothing that defines male or female dress.

How you chose do do with your life and how you want to live it is something all young people need to do.

I am a late transitioner and I am now comfortable for the first time in my life. I am also dealing with the consequences of try to fit in with my assigned gender from birth. I wish I had transitioned much earlier.
  •  

Charlie Nicki

You look 100% female in those pictures :).
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Ray123

You look great.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

•