News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

I have been reccomended to write a letter of complaint to the doctor I saw

Started by jaybutterfly, February 01, 2019, 03:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybutterfly

Hello all,

as some of you may know, I had a rough experience last year with a doctor who I took through complaints about his behavior and comments made by him (they are on previous posts I have made here). I have been suggested by my GP to write to him and explain I do not agree with his letter and its contents as there were even more flaws within it AFTER he went through complaints.

I have a draft, and would like some thoughts on the content. I have taken the precaution to remove my return address from the letter, so that even if he wants to, he cannot respond, on grounds I believe he will just spout more bs.

Dr. (Inset name)

I am writing to inform you that I have received a copy of your letter in regards to my assessment and I find content within it objectionable on grounds of being incorrect.

You suggest that my gender identity issues are down to a 'need to be heard' by my family. I informed you my family are in the dark about this for the most part and I do not get to present as female at home. To write about it in this manner, with wording that would suggest an attention-seeking nature, is illogical.

I also informed you that I went to a school with a dedicated learning support team, which I was referred to when there were suspicions of dyspraxia. During this time, I was seen by a psychologist multiple times throughout 11 years, and there were other children there with various learning difficulties. To suggest that I was somehow missed in diagnosis for autism is unlikely at least. I am happy with the assessments I had and I see no reason to pursue anything further.

You also claim I agreed with you on how to proceed, but my final question was about to the time frame for sorting a second opinion and I never actually said I agreed. I would think anyone would realize that this was my intention, showing I was not happy with you.

While I would prefer not to think you chose to be antagonistic, the points I have raised previously, combined with your attitude in the assessment and the errors within your letter are something I cannot overlook. You impress a belittling, rude demeanor with selective hearing. You can consider this letter an end of any communication between us. In spite of your suggestion, I got a second opinion, where I was treated with respect, I now have a clearer direction going forward, and so your input is no longer required.

Sincerely,

(my name)

•