Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Rib resectioning?

Started by BlueJaye, February 01, 2019, 11:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueJaye

I was on another hobby related forum and met a fully transitioned lady and we had some chatting back and forth about her experience transitioning. She mentioned that she had rib resectioning done. I had never heard of it and had to look it up.

I don't think I would feel comfortable basically having two of my ribs removed. Has anyone here actually done this?
  •  

Danielle M

I had six ribs removed.  Three lower in the front and three lower in the back. The surgery went great and I was surprised at how little pain there was in the recovery.
  •  

GingerVicki

Quote from: Danielle M on February 02, 2019, 12:58:45 PM
I had six ribs removed.  Three lower in the front and three lower in the back. The surgery went great and I was surprised at how little pain there was in the recovery.

If I may ask how are the scars.
  •  

Danielle M

I have 2 scars in the front one on each side and I got 2 scars in the back one on each side,  They are about 3 inches long each.
  •  

GingerVicki

i've spoken to other gals and they said that they usually wear corsets after. if you wear corsets does it work and fit better.

Also, how is the overall shape?
  •  

BlueJaye

Quote from: Danielle M on February 02, 2019, 01:26:31 PM
I have 2 scars in the front one on each side and I got 2 scars in the back one on each side,  They are about 3 inches long each.

Aside from the scars, are there any long term side effects? There are muscles and stuff that attach to the ribs. I wonder what happens with that stuff. Also curious if you have to be cautious since your internal organs have less protection.
  •