Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

North Texas Endo Recommendations?

Started by ratkingleo, February 02, 2019, 05:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratkingleo

Hello!
I'm 17, living with my parents in the North Texas (DFW) area, close to Plano and Garland. I'm looking for an endocrinologist, because the one that my therapist gave me has a wait list of 4 weeks, and I would really like to get testosterone sooner than that. I know I sound impatient, but I have waited through 7 months of gatekeeping by my psychiatrist and 4 years of convincing my parents to let me start HRT. I'm going to be leaving the state in mid-to-late July to live in West Virginia with my boyfriend, and I would really like to start HRT ASAP so that I can get as far as I can on it before having to make a major change with my insurance. I dont know if that makes sense to anyone else, I'm just really anxious about it. I think the endo that was recommended to us by my therapist (Dr Tiffany Armstrong) was Dr. Aimee Wright. Again, her place of practice has a waiting time of 4+ weeks and that is just not optimal at this point in time.
Thanks in advance,
Leo
  •  

NatalieRene

Planned Parenthood will do hrt. Since you're a minor your parents will have to sign consent.
  •  

ratkingleo

Quote from: NatalieRene on February 02, 2019, 07:04:02 PM
Planned Parenthood will do hrt. Since you're a minor your parents will have to sign consent.

I looked into this, but they said that they will not give HRT to minors? I assumed this meant with or without parental consent. I have consent, and there is a clinic very close to me.
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: ratkingleo on February 03, 2019, 11:19:39 AM
I looked into this, but they said that they will not give HRT to minors? I assumed this meant with or without parental consent. I have consent, and there is a clinic very close to me.
Interesting even without consent? You can have your mom call and inquire. If they say no they gave me a list of other service providers your parents can contact. One of them sounds like a doctor that might work:

Paul S. worrell
www.dallasfamilymedicine.com
  •