Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Traveling abroad, hysto

Started by November_Fox, February 04, 2019, 07:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

November_Fox

Hi guys,

I am planning to have hysto in Germany.

I live in the Netherlands, so depending on location in Germany, I´ll travel there and stay for a bit.
Thing is I don´t have anyone to drive me atm, so I´d go by public transport.

Is it doable, you think? Or would I need to arrange for someone to drive me?
I was pretty messed up after top surgery, but not sure about the scenario here.
  •  

Dex

I'm not sure if the regulations are the same in the EU but in the US, they will not allow you to leave the facility via any kind of public transport (taxi, Uber, bus, etc). You have to have someone over the age 18 that you bring with you to be responsible for you after surgery.

In the case where you are put under (as you are for a hysto), you are also not legally capable of making decisions for about 24 hours (again, not sure if rules are the same).

So my first suggestion would be to make sure the facility doesn't have rules about how you can be discharged.

If they do allow you to just leave, I would still not recommend it. You'll be very sore post surgery and on some strong pain meds. It wouldn't be very safe for you to be unattended and very vulnerable.

Are there any medical services you could look into for transportation? Or anyone that could come with you for even a short period of time from home?
  •  

Linde

Quote from: November_Fox on February 04, 2019, 07:23:04 AM
Hi guys,

I am planning to have hysto in Germany.

I live in the Netherlands, so depending on location in Germany, I´ll travel there and stay for a bit.
Thing is I don´t have anyone to drive me atm, so I´d go by public transport.

Is it doable, you think? Or would I need to arrange for someone to drive me?
I was pretty messed up after top surgery, but not sure about the scenario here.
I don't know where in Germany you will have it done, and from where in the Netherlands you are coming (I was born and raised at the border, just across from Roermond in Limburg).  But I know that the German health insurances used to pay for taxi rides between the facility and your living quarters.  You may want to check into this.  If you have it done at the Klinikum in Aaken, or at the university in Düsseldorf, they should be able to hook you up with appropriate transportation!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•