Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Is this because of intersex?

Started by Linde, February 04, 2019, 03:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linde

I am on estrogen for a little over 3 months now, and on spiro for over 2 months, and the only results I see are swollen feet from estrogen, and unswollen feet from sprio!
My breasts are still about the same size they were before I started HRT.  They might have grown a trifle, but they were growing for the last several years already.

I am seeing an urologist because of the medical necessity to remove my testicles.  The urologist is of the opinion that my testicles gave up testosterone production a few years ago already (would that have been the reason that my breasts grew?).
anyway, he did have my hormone levels tested, and I have 74 nanos testosterone, and 63.8 nanos estrogen.

He feels that the testosterone is not from my testicles but from my adrenal glands.  Therefore he agrees to remove my testes.

I just wonder, why the estrogen, that is pretty much unchallenged in my body, has no influence on the growth of my breasts.  Are we intersexers are just not as receptive for the stuff?

What do you folks think?
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Michelle_P

Much of the breast tissue grows because of a lack of testosterone. MAST cells respond to a lack of androgens with growth.  This is why drugs like the 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors that block dihydrotestosterone production have gynomastia (breast growth on males) as a side effect.

Estradiol will encourage growth of glandular tissues, the 'buds' below the areola.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Michelle_P on February 04, 2019, 04:11:14 PM
Much of the breast tissue grows because of a lack of testosterone. MAST cells respond to a lack of androgens with growth.  This is why drugs like the 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors that block dihydrotestosterone production have gynomastia (breast growth on males) as a side effect.

Estradiol will encourage growth of glandular tissues, the 'buds' below the areola.

That's fascinating. So the plumbing in the breast develops from the estrogen but testosterone is an inhibitor to breast growth.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Michelle_P on February 04, 2019, 04:11:14 PM

And bcause of the fact that I seem not to have had any real amounts of testosterone in my system, it might have allowed for my breasts to grow.
I have the "hardened" areas under he areolas also for quite a while (together with hurting of them), but that was all starting already prior of me going onto HRT.  I feel no different since I take HRT.

And that is my question, may the dynamics be different with intersex people?

Any other intersexers here to chime in?

•  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on February 04, 2019, 04:15:18 PM
That's fascinating. So the plumbing in the breast develops from the estrogen but testosterone is an inhibitor to breast growth.
I think you have a pretty healthy breast growth, do you know your testosterone and estrogen levels?  Are you done growing?

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on February 04, 2019, 04:42:35 PM
And bcause of the fact that I seem not to have had any real amounts of testosterone in my system, it might have allowed for my breasts to grow.
I have the "hardened" areas under he areolas also for quite a while (together with hurting of them), but that was all starting already prior of me going onto HRT.  I feel no different since I take HRT.

And that is my question, may the dynamics be different with intersex people?

Any other intersexers here to chime in?

Maybe you will only get small breasts? Give it some time though before you rush out and get implants if that is what you desire.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on February 04, 2019, 04:53:58 PM
Maybe you will only get small breasts? Give it some time though before you rush out and get implants if that is what you desire.
Both, mymother and sister had boob s that were well in the D size!

I will not get implants, if I have little girls, so be it.  I mean they are pretty Ok, a good size 34 B moving toward C

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on February 04, 2019, 04:44:12 PM
I think you have a pretty healthy breast growth, do you know your testosterone and estrogen levels?  Are you done growing?
Oh my I hope they are done growing. I'm currently wearing a 36C. As I lose weight if my breast size stays the same I might be looking at a 34D!
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on February 04, 2019, 05:30:29 PM
Oh my I hope they are done growing. I'm currently wearing a 36C. As I lose weight if my breast size stays the same I might be looking at a 34D!
I am a pretty solid 34 B, starting to knock at the door for a 34 C.

•  

josie76

I'm still between the A and B cup. Seems like they grow in spurts then stop for a while.
I had minor gyno breast tissue growth prior to HRT. Really just that I had the breast buds already.

Yes androgens will inhibit the breasts cells even if estrogen is present. Normal men have a small estrogen level but the natural testosterone levels are high enough to prevent breast growth. Some men see enough of a T level decrease with age that their natural E levels start to create some breast growth. AKA man boobs or moobs.  :D
On the flip side, body builders that take androgen steroids often end up with breast growth because their free T levels are so high that their body aromatises it into estrogen.

Dietlind, I have had an orchi done and my T levels are undetectable ( less than 3 ng/dL). The adrenal glands produce androgen precursors hormones that certain tissues like the skin can convert into testosterone.
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

Linde

Quote from: josie76 on February 11, 2019, 08:21:28 PM

Dietlind, I have had an orchi done and my T levels are undetectable ( less than 3 ng/dL). The adrenal glands produce androgen precursors hormones that certain tissues like the skin can convert into testosterone.
It seems that my testes gave up their business making any serious amount of testosterone some 5 or 6 years ago.  My level before spiro was 74 ng/dl, and normal for a male is 264 to 916 ng/dl.
My estrogen is pretty high for a male 63.8 pg/ml (normal would be 7.6 - 42.6)

I think that this situation got my breasts to start grow several years ago.  All my testosterone might com from he adrenal glands.
I will have my orchi in 11 days from now, and I wonder how my testosterone level is then.  I bet it is pretty much unchanged!

•  

josie76

Yeh your estrogen levels are around menstral cycle levels for women. Do you think you may have one or both ovatestes? Might explain high E and low T levels.

When I started HRT my E was around 80pg/ml but now about 2 hours after taking my first tablet in the morning it read over 1200pg/ml. I take 3 tablets a day by letting them dissolve in my upper cheek.
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

Linde

Quote from: josie76 on February 12, 2019, 05:02:31 AM
Yeh your estrogen levels are around menstral cycle levels for women. Do you think you may have one or both ovatestes? Might explain high E and low T levels.

When I started HRT my E was around 80pg/ml but now about 2 hours after taking my first tablet in the morning it read over 1200pg/ml. I take 3 tablets a day by letting them dissolve in my upper cheek.
I really don't know what is going on with me, others seem not to know it either.  The only fact I know fro my genome analysis is that I have the typical genetic makeup of a postmenopausal woman, and that it is assumed that me menopause endet about 16 to 17 years (the analysts did not know if I was male or female, I was he tested individual).

I constantly learn new things about my body, the only thing I know for sure is that I am a pile of mutated genes and chromosomes that were bundled up and thrown into my body.  I assume that I am human, but who knows, I might be a forgotten individual from some space invaders, who erased my memory!

•