Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

An expanding electric dilator?

Started by Anna994, February 10, 2019, 11:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna994

Hey everyone!

Just wanna ask if anyone had used an expanding dilator by Millimedical

It seems to be expanding up to 40mm and it's electronic, looks very interesting. Do note that it is silicon, however as I have had perioneal vaginoplasty, I have the go-ahead to dilate with silicon since I don't really need hard material to diilate me.

Any thoughts?

<link removed by moderator>
  •  

Colleen_definitely

While dilating one day I was wondering about if anyone made something like this.  The idea is really neat but the price tag is kind of painful.  The short depth (10.5cm/4.13") makes me think that this might be a bit short for our needs.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

AnonyMs

Bad enough that it's $250, but given it's complexity I think you'd want a spare for when it breaks down. You can't afford to be without a dilator early on.

It's kind of interesting, but I'm not sure what problem it solves compared to normal dilators. Given the length it's clearly not for grs, so perhaps it's something useful specific to cis-women?
  •  

Colleen_definitely

It's definitely marketed towards those cis women suffering from vaginal stenosis.  But if it were longer, it might make a pretty good supplement for the regular plastic dilators.

And silly you, thinking that somebody might make something with the ability to be repaired in this day and age.  Business schools say that there's no money in that!  ;D
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Maybebaby56

I bought this product and used it for a short while. I sent it back.  As others noted, it is too short to take the place of standard plastic dilators. II bought it because it sounded exactly like what I wanted - something that could be systematically expanded while it's inside you. It also has a digital readout that tells you the diameter, so you know exactly how you are doing.

The downside, aside from being too short, was that is expands through the use of four metal bands, so it has a shape roughly like a bell pepper when expanded. That means it can hurt when you twist it.

It comes in a very nice plastic container that doubles as a charging station. I think it would have been great for travel. I am tired of getting pulled aside by TSA inspectors who want to know what my dilators are. (I finally started taking my dilators out of my luggage and putting them through he scanners separately.)

~Terri
"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives" - Annie Dillard
  •  

Anna994

Thank you very much for letting me know! In the end I decided to skip out on this one
  •