Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

How long does estradiol/progynova remain in the body/system ?

Started by Nic, February 13, 2019, 12:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nic

Its been a while since i was last online.
I've been on Progynova the last 2 years (all good) , i have naturally low testosterone . I found out its from a reasonably sized Pituitary Tumor , thats caused a host of other issues too and turns hormones off and on at will.
I will be having a barrage of blood tests done in 6 weeks time , i was asked to stop all medications etc except for oral Hydrocortisone and Flurinef as the tumor also has caused Adrenal Insufficiency .

How long will it take for estradiol to pass out of my system so my body would register its own natural baseline for the blood work as i dont want to stop hrt for any longer than needed to get the results from the blood tests .

Thanks in advance

Nic

<Dosage removed by moderator>
  •  

LizK

Hi Nic

I am not entirely sure and I guess YMMV but when having GCS they ask you to stop your hormones about 4 weeks out from surgery. I would assume it takes roughly this long.

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Jessica

Hi Nic 🙋‍♀️ Welcome back to Susan's Place!  I'm Jessica.

I see you haven't been here lately, so I'll post some links that may help you get better acquainted with the site. Pay attention to the site rules they can be of great help and don't forget the link highlighted red.  It has answers to questions that are commonly asked.  Then join in on a topic you find interesting and learn and share.

Please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum to tell the members about yourself!

Things that you should read

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

PurplePelican

Quote from: Nic on February 13, 2019, 12:22:16 AM
How long will it take for estradiol to pass out of my system so my body would register its own natural baseline for the blood work as i dont want to stop hrt for any longer than needed to get the results from the blood tests .

Thanks in advance

Nic

Depends on what you mean by baseline. If you are only wanting to be free of exogenous estradiol, 2-3 weeks should be sufficient. If you are wanting to return to a real, no/pre HRT baseline, it could take up to 6 months..
This is not medical advice. Always consult your doctor.
  •