Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Looking at peritoneal vaginoplasty with Dr. Gallagher

Started by josie76, February 13, 2019, 06:31:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krobinson103

I'm in the process of arranging the procedure in India (I live in New Zealand so travel for surgery is a necessity). For me talking to various people and comparing it with penile inversion it seems a no brainer. Just a better surgery all round.
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

AnonyMs

It's quite difficult to find any information on Indian surgeons, even on an Indian forum I looked at. It seems they aspire to go to Thailand.
  •  

josie76

The procedure krobinson is talking about is PriyaMed's. It is based out of the University hospital in Mumbia and done by urologynocologists trained with Dr. Mahtre's version of the Davydov Method.
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

josie76

I go see Dr. Gallagher this Friday. I will have more information after that consult appointment.
Hopefully good news. Fingers crossed.

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

Maybebaby56

Quote from: Anna994 on February 14, 2019, 02:43:10 AM
I wish you good luck! The best I can offer you is some advice considering I've had the peritoneal method done (As a revision, attached to the previous penile inversion).

Dilatation is way less intense, I do it twice a day seeing as it's been about 2.5 months since my surgery. However, very often it happens that I skip a dilatation, I've even done once a day for almost 4 or so days in a row, I didn't get any tighter at all or felt changes.

It's very wet, expect to need pantyliners, but it's not so wet that you'll need pads, the wetness coming from the peritoneum is a thin liquid, doesn't really smell like much, just smells like "wet" and at times it can have a slightly (extremely slightly) red or yellow hue, this is mostly due to it mixing with some remaining urine or blood.

As I am the very first one to have this done in my country, we have been establishing a protocol with my doctors based on my case. We've concluded that the best kind of dilator for this procedure is silicone, the peritoneum is quite fragile and doesn't require all that much dilatation. It becomes less fragile over time as it begins to morph into something ressembling vaginal tissue, but for those first 3 months, silicone dilators are very comfortable, less risky and dilate you more than enough. Do bring this up with your doc of course!

Mine was done laparoscopically, so I have laparoscopic scars, one in my belly buttons that's invisible, 3 more around it, hidden by panties, they are 1/4 inch incisions.

Anything else you might wanna know, please do hit me up I'd love to share as much info as I can <3

This is very good to know. Thank you for posting this. I am having a peritoneal graft done as a revision as well. My surgery is scheduled for next March with Dr. Bluebond-Langner at NYU.

How long ago did you have your original vaginoplasty?  Mine was in August of 2017. I had quite a few complications leading to dyspaneuria and stenosis. Pelvic floor physical therapy has helped some. I only dilate about once a week now, but I haven't lost any further size to my vaginal canal.

I hope you continue to post your results.

With kindness,

Terri
"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives" - Annie Dillard
  •  

josie76

Well first I want to say Dr. Gallagher is pretty awesome!

We discussed potential options. Heck she got a pen and paper and we sketched out different possible ways to do the external parts depending on how the internal was done. She was super receptive to my concerns and ideas as I have been studying the medical journals about this for some time.

Now then, her only issue is needing a urologist/gynourologist who will agree to do the Peritoneal pull through method. (Davydov Method). Doctors have a habit of being stuck in their ways. She has been reaching out to several in the IU hospital system. Most have told her the procedure won't work on a male pelvis because it would be deeper and narrower than a female pelvis. One is willing to go to NYU and see how they have done their Peritoneal cap. However, not what I want. A doctor who recently came to the University system may be more receptive to the idea. She will talk with them more.

Things in my favor though, I have researched this thoroughly. I have noted many videos of the procedure on MRKH women. Noted how those with no vaginal introitus would be just like starting with a male at birth patient from the outside perspective. Noted how a MRKH girls rectal-ureathral pouch is identical to a males rectal-vesical pouch as shown in literature review studies. Then my pelvis is female in shape and depth due to my PAIS. Perhaps this will all help with getting the urologist to want to do the procedure. Once they decide they can do it they will see how it can be done to any normal masculine pelvis also.

Waiting to see what happens. In the meantime, they will be going through the process of submitting to my insurance to get things lined up.

•  

Anna994

Quote from: Maybebaby56 on April 28, 2019, 08:07:35 AM
This is very good to know. Thank you for posting this. I am having a peritoneal graft done as a revision as well. My surgery is scheduled for next March with Dr. Bluebond-Langner at NYU.

How long ago did you have your original vaginoplasty?  Mine was in August of 2017. I had quite a few complications leading to dyspaneuria and stenosis. Pelvic floor physical therapy has helped some. I only dilate about once a week now, but I haven't lost any further size to my vaginal canal.

I hope you continue to post your results.

With kindness,

Terri

Hi Terri!

My surgery was October 3rd, my revision 29'th of November, we're waiting 6-9 months until I have intercourse, that's when I intend to update on my results, I've made a separate topic about my surgery as to not crowd Josie's topic, I hope she won't mind!

Glad to hear you had an awesome experience with Dr. Gallagher!
  •  

josie76

Quote from: Anna994 on April 29, 2019, 06:57:12 PM
Hi Terri!

My surgery was October 3rd, my revision 29'th of November, we're waiting 6-9 months until I have intercourse, that's when I intend to update on my results, I've made a separate topic about my surgery as to not crowd Josie's topic, I hope she won't mind!

Glad to hear you had an awesome experience with Dr. Gallagher!

I don't mind at all. I'm hoping all my research helps Dr. Gallagher to find a urologist who will perform the laparoscopic part so I can move forward.

Terri I hope everything works out for you too!

•  

josie76

I got a follow-up from Dr. Gallagher's patient coordinator today. She is meeting with the heads of the University hospital urology department later this month to discuss moving ahead with the Davydov style procedure!

•  

Anna994

Fantastic news! Good luck, I watched some of her videos on YouTube she truly seems lovely.
  •