Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Jaw reduction/Chin in March... recovery advice?

Started by thelittlemermaid, February 13, 2019, 12:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thelittlemermaid

Hey all! After what seems like an eternity, it's surreal to say I am undergoing jaw reduction and chin (genioplasty) on March 14...

I have had surgeries in other areas before (lower body lift, gastric sleeve - lost 200 lbs in the past six years) but am so nervous about what it will be like on my face.

Though I'm reading the threads in this forum already, I thought I'd make my own asking for any advice / tips on how I can best prepare pre-surgery and what to expect post.

Thank you so much!
  •  

malinda

I'm getting the same surgeries plus forhead contouring with Dr zukowski next week. So effing nervous!!!😣
  •  

Squirebuffy1990

You will look scary for the first two weeks, so expect that and stay strong. Hide away and recover with lots of comfort food.

Drink lots of water and eat lots of fruit to help swelling.
  •  

Rachel

Hi, you will not be able to open your mouth more than a slit. I recommend eating scrambles eggs, sliced American cheese and soft foods like yogurt.

You will need to make sure food does not go into the stitched area or at least gently rinse/flush the area.

It is important that if you are nauseous to make sure you have medicine to stop it. I had extensive FFS and stayed 2 days in the hospital. They had me on heavy opiates. When I was in the cab to the hotel I got sick and it continued into the evening. I used anti-acids. You can not open your mouth so it can be an experience. 
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

thelittlemermaid

Quote from: Squirebuffy1990 on March 14, 2019, 06:59:05 PM
You will look scary for the first two weeks, so expect that and stay strong. Hide away and recover with lots of comfort food.

Drink lots of water and eat lots of fruit to help swelling.

Quote from: Rachel on March 16, 2019, 07:15:20 PM
Hi, you will not be able to open your mouth more than a slit. I recommend eating scrambles eggs, sliced American cheese and soft foods like yogurt.

You will need to make sure food does not go into the stitched area or at least gently rinse/flush the area.

It is important that if you are nauseous to make sure you have medicine to stop it. I had extensive FFS and stayed 2 days in the hospital. They had me on heavy opiates. When I was in the cab to the hotel I got sick and it continued into the evening. I used anti-acids. You can not open your mouth so it can be an experience.

Thanks both!

Today is day 4. Luckily no nausea. Only took Vicodin once today. Feeling pretty miserable from my face being so swollen, not being able to eat, barely talking.
  •  

thelittlemermaid

Can't wait to stop feeling like a blowfish. Also have noticed that my neck's lymph nodes have been hurting quite a bit.
  •