Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

People not saying the name you give them at restaurants

Started by Michelledeanna1989, February 16, 2019, 06:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelledeanna1989

Does any one have this issue you go into a restaurant I was at a Mexican restaurant that calls your food , I said my name was Michelle I was paying guy was awesome on the till.. if I say that is my name call that name don't start calling Mitchell or Michael. I raised my voice at he and said Michelle. Then felt embarrassed and went out side to eat my food but I feel like I shouldn't need
To put on makeup and whatever  just respect the name given. I can let pronouns slip I get it but refusing to call the name called is just rude. I gave them Michelle and they should respect that not try and rename me.  It's Saturday afternoon I don't feel I need to put on makeup in order to
Be respected. It's a shame I liked that restaurant probably won't be going back now
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Michelledeanna1989
Dear Michelle:
What you described that you experienced is not new to most transitionsers, especially in their early journey.  As time goes on and the HRT does it's magic and looks and appearance are refined you should expect much less of this kind of thing.  For now, just consider this a part of the journey and a learning experience.

Many HUGS,  and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Ann W

He may not have been refusing; if you don't pass, he may simply have thought he misunderstood.

The irony is, "Michele" is a French man's name, pronounced much like "Michelle" in English. I wonder if the same thing would have happened to such a person.
  •  

Michelledeanna1989

Quote from: Ann W on February 16, 2019, 09:09:16 PM
He may not have been refusing; if you don't pass, he may simply have thought he misunderstood.

The irony is, "Michele" is a French man's name, pronounced much like "Michelle" in English. I wonder if the same thing would have happened to such a person.

That's why I choose it my name at birth was Mitchael.
So I guess there is I emailed them and realized there the polar opposite
It was a communication error and some time names don't come out right but apparently the employ a few lgbtQ and are amazing workers they also something I didn't realize is got rid of gendered washrooms. All good I think it's happened like at Tim Hortons. Even though I avoid that place but I am like all Canadians going in for coffee at least once a month
  •