News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Through the looking glass, FFS for Tia Anne

Started by Anne Blake, February 21, 2019, 09:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anne Blake

Greetings All,

Thank you for stopping in for my first posting on my new FFS thread. Currently Deb and I are on the last leg of our honeymoon stage 2 excursion, overnighting in Amarillo Texas. We were taught by some good friends to never finish one journey without already planning your next one. Well, I/we have been planning the next one for some time now. Several ladies, in particular, Kendra, have had excellent FFS work done at FacialTeam in Marbella Spain. We will be heading in that direction next month.

A little bit of a back story. Like most of us, we believe that we pass to some degree and that other times we don't. The lack of passing is driven by many things; voice, mannerisms, size, socialized behavior, etc. Some of these things we have control over, others we don't. A biggie for me is the remaining masculine facial features that create an instant judgement in the eyes of those around us. It often isn't even thought out, just the recognition of something not right about what they are seeing that leads to a more studious look and judgement. I sent some pictures off to FacialTeam with the request to identify my facial characteristics that could be worked on to reduce that occurrence of instantaneous mis gendering. I was actually hoping for them to say, "Wow, you are already feminine in most every way and we can only see a minor tweak or two to help you out". That wasn't the case but during our skype consultation Dr. Simon did an excellent job of identifying several areas that can significantly help and he did it in a manner that both Deb and I see the potential.

So, the game has begun. We have reservations to fly to Paris for a few days of touristing and then going to Marbella for the procedure and recovery, followed by a week in Barcelona for some extra culture saturation and enjoyment before returning home. We will be leaving in late March and returning a month later.

So why start this thread now? Next Monday I have a skype consultation with Dr. Bellinga to discuss what I want to have done to my nose. Actually, I have no clue as to what I want changed, or more properly how I want my features changed. I do want brow boss reduction, nose changes, some jaw stuff, you know, the usual stuff.....but how to make them look....no clue. Perhaps just hand him a picture of Julia Roberts and say, "sort of like her". How many of you have specific details of just what you want to look like after a procedure? I will let you know how my Monday skype conversation works out.

Now here is the deal, I will make lots of postings about this next step in our journey as long as I get a lot of feedback and responses from all of you....OK?

Until next time,
Tia Anne
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Anne Blake
Dear Tia Anne:
I am so very happy to see that you are starting your very own FFS thread. 
Your intro posting here was a very nice treatise on where you have been and where you are going.

I will be eagerly following your thread and reading your updates as you feel so led to post them.  I will be replying with my comments and thoughts from time to time as I feel that I have appropriate things to share with you.

I have been following your adventures with Debi and all I can say is that I am so very happy for both of you.  I loved all the photos and descriptions of your "around the country" trip together.

Thanks again for getting ready to share with all of your followers regarding your future FFS. 
We are you biggest fans and we are always rooting for your success.

Hugs and best wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Anne Blake

Thank you Danielle for your kind words and I look forward to your responses and inputs as this journey continues.

And of course, I love your new avatar picture. You photos are always great but this one just goes beyond them all with a very sophisticated beauty. Good shot.

Tia Anne
  •  

Julie -2010

Tia,

While you and Debi are gone I'll take care of Colorado for you.  I'm so very happy and excited for you.

Can't wait to see you soon before you take off again. :)

Julie
"me to be my true and authentic self, my own person, one who belonged to the infinitely loving Creator, with all the inherent flaws that come with it."  - Jonathan S. Williams
  •  

Michelle_P

Yay! March already! And I do love me an overseas travelogue.  I get ideas on all manner of places i can drag @Laurie to, kicking and screaming about too many people the whole way.

I'll be watching!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Debi

So looking forward to this next chapter of our journey.

Deb
  •  

Faith

YAY! a 'safe' thread (so far) to pass on my congrats and happiness. I tried to reply in your honey moon trip topic, I made it to the photo montage and had to close it. I'm sure you can figure out where ... NO! don't edit it. It's OK.

I can totally relate to 'change a few things' I have a few on my list as well. I'm glad one of us actually gets to do it. Tia, really though, having met you I can see where you stress, I can also tell that it's mostly self image. I only saw a good looking woman when you were here.

So, enjoy your trip. Lori and I look forward to reading the step-by-step and sharing in your excitement.

hugs (seriously <<HUGSZZZ>> )
Faith
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Anne Blake

Greetings All,

Yesterday morning, Monday, I sat comfortably on our couch sipping a hot cup of coffee while chatting with Dr. Bellinga of FacialTeam. Now I must insist that I am oriented only toward Debi and have no interest in men (other than to move furniture or fix the car) but oh my, he is a pretty man! And he even blew me a kiss at the end of the skype session.....oh my, no man has ever set my heart a flutter...before this.... Can any of you picture how hard Debi was laughing after that?

The discussion was quick and enjoyable. I believe that he requested the consultation to understand my expectations and to get a read on my anxiety levels. He laughed at my comment that I just wanted to look like Julia Roberts. Our conversation had me even more comfortable with the choice we made to go to Spain for this procedure and we are counting the days until we head off (which is 28 days from today if anyone is interested).

Our plan is to fly over to Paris for five days of playing the tourist and then on to Marbella for the procedure and recovery. Then we hope for some time in Barcelona for some relaxation time prior to coming back home. Deb's life passion is in the arts and time in the Louvre has been on her bucket list forever. I don't need to make any plans for our time in Paris, she already has two or three days planned for the Louvre plus time for the Palace of Versailles, La cathédrale Notre-Dame and a couple of other art museums that focus more on impressionist's work. My job will be to say yes dear and to push the wheel chair. With the number of kilometers she is planning, I will be exhausted and needing a break in a hospital.

Pre op is scheduled for April 4th and surgery on the 8th. With four weeks between now and take off, there is only one more big hurdle to jump. We have five days is Paris and I have no idea of what to wear! I had foot surgery a couple of months ago and do not have my doctor's permission to get too wild in the shoe department and I haven't a clue what wardrobe is in for early spring on the Av. des Champs-Élysées. Any inputs???

Enough for now,
Tia Anne
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Anne Blake on February 26, 2019, 03:11:41 PM
Greetings All,

Yesterday morning, Monday, I sat comfortably on our couch sipping a hot cup of coffee while chatting with Dr. Bellinga of FacialTeam. Now I must insist that I am oriented only toward Debi and have no interest in men (other than to move furniture or fix the car) but oh my, he is a pretty man! And he even blew me a kiss at the end of the skype session.....oh my, no man has ever set my heart a flutter...before this.... Can any of you picture how hard Debi was laughing after that?)

He is a charmer, isn't he? Wait until you're in the same room with him! (Hint: he gives good hugs, too.) But sorry doctor, I'm already spoken for...

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Anne Blake

Greetings All,

It has been almost three weeks since my last post and time has been passing by all too slowly. We returned home from our last road trip just over three weeks ago and we have been catching up on all of the myriad of things that were left ignored for the five weeks we were gone....and Deb's finger is being too slow in healing.

We are now down to one week to go before leaving for Europe. Most of the "To Do" list has been accomplished; shopping begun, shopping continued, shopping nearly completed, medical tests completed and sent in, reservations made, plans for touring Paris...ongoing....you get the idea. The only nagging thing left to happen is to receive confirmation that the funds that I wired to the clinic have been received. The money was sent last week but it appears to be wandering around the ether taking its own sweet time getting to Spain. With the departure date drawing near, it is too late to get more money sent even if I had it to send.....so now the waiting game while pushing the banks from either end to trace things.....but of course I am not worried AT ALL!!!

Today, to hold off the nervous worries we went out and bought a couple of neat outfits to wear on the streets of Paris. Yes, I know, pictures or it didn't happen......well you will just have to wait for us to be on those streets to show off strutting pictures.

More to be shared later,
Tia Anne
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Anne Blake
Dear Tia Anne:
This is an exciting time for you...
.....I am looking forward to following your FFS journey as you feel that you can share.

Regarding your new outfits...  any excuse is a good excuse to go shopping for new outfits and clothes. ;) ;) ;)

I am wishing you safe travels and a good experience with your FFS.
Hugs and best wishes,
Danielle

Quote from: Anne Blake on March 18, 2019, 09:08:57 PM
Greetings All,

It has been almost three weeks since my last post and time has been passing by all too slowly. We returned home from our last road trip just over three weeks ago and we have been catching up on all of the myriad of things that were left ignored for the five weeks we were gone....and Deb's finger is being too slow in healing.

We are now down to one week to go before leaving for Europe. Most of the "To Do" list has been accomplished; shopping begun, shopping continued, shopping nearly completed, medical tests completed and sent in, reservations made, plans for touring Paris...ongoing....you get the idea. The only nagging thing left to happen is to receive confirmation that the funds that I wired to the clinic have been received. The money was sent last week but it appears to be wandering around the ether taking its own sweet time getting to Spain. With the departure date drawing near, it is too late to get more money sent even if I had it to send.....so now the waiting game while pushing the banks from either end to trace things.....but of course I am not worried AT ALL!!!

Today, to hold off the nervous worries we went out and bought a couple of neat outfits to wear on the streets of Paris. Yes, I know, pictures or it didn't happen......well you will just have to wait for us to be on those streets to show off strutting pictures.

More to be shared later,
Tia Anne
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

steph2.0

Go Tia and Debi! You're going to have such fun! Cassie and I are deep into plans-making for our similar trip in June. Can't wait to get on that plane again!

Don't stress about the money. I'm sure HC Hospital will let you clean bedpans to pay it back.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Anne Blake

Thank you Stephanie and Danielle, I really am getting quite excited. I have forced myself to stay away from preconceived notions of how it will all turn out, post healing looks that is. But it is getting harder and harder as the time grows near!

My love to all,
Tia Anne
  •  

Michelle_P

Oh, my! Tia Anne and Debi in Paris.  In the springtime!  That is going to be just amazing for the two of you.  I'll be vicariously riding along, in the hope that I can talk someone into going within me someday to play tourist in Europe once more.

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Laurie

I am wishing you two a wonderful European trip.
Love and hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Anne Blake on March 18, 2019, 09:50:49 PM
I have forced myself to stay away from preconceived notions of how it will all turn out, post healing looks that is. But it is getting harder and harder as the time grows near!

Yes, Tia, please be careful with your expectations. I would guess that it is much better to be happily surprised with results that are better than you were expecting, than to be disappointed that it wasn't as life-changing as you'd hoped. Don't ask why I say that. And do try to not compare your results to others, especially the young beauties.

Look at me, trying to give advice. Your wisdom will guide you where my lack of same failed me.

No matter what, I know you'll be even more beautiful than you are now. And a European vacation, ending on the Mediterranean in the spring? Awesome!!

Stephanie

•  

LizK

Sounds like it is going to be another wonderful "road trip" I hope it goes really well.
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Anne Blake on March 18, 2019, 09:50:49 PM
Thank you Stephanie and Danielle, I really am getting quite excited. I have forced myself to stay away from preconceived notions of how it will all turn out, post healing looks that is. But it is getting harder and harder as the time grows near!

My love to all,
Tia Anne

Considering how you look now, you'll be stunning. Enjoy your trip. I would say 'relax and enjoy' .. I know better than that.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

anne_indy

Dear Tia - you know that my thoughts and prayers will be with you both on your European journey. I will miss being able to join you in Marbella as I continue on my own rehabilitation.

Brook

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •  

Anne Blake

Thank you all for your encouragement, it does help keep my emotions from getting away from me.

Brook, we will miss your presence in Marbella as well. I am sure that you would very much prefer to be hanging out on the Costa del Sol than recovering where you are. Deb and I will just have to paste a picture of you into a shot of us laying on the beach. Would you prefer your face on a young French or Spanish girl, either in a skimpy two piece of course?

Good news, the clinic just sent a receipt of payment this morning!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! (Stephanie, I owe you royalties on that one, coffee is on me next time we visit). It has actually brought tears to my eyes, you can forget that part about keeping my emotions in control.

Now it is finally packing time. Our flight takes off next Tuesday afternoon, seven days should be enough to get things packed.....several times.

Tia Anne
  •