News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

HBOs Big Little Lies!!! 😀

Started by tgirlamg, February 23, 2019, 07:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgirlamg

Hey All...

If there are any other BLL fans in the house let me know... they film much of it between 1 and 2 miles from my house and a few locations around here in Monterey. Big Sur and Carmel Highlands area...and I have lots of pics from on location I can share to any fellow fans... Season two will premier in June!!!...

Hugs!

Ashley 🙋‍♀️💕🌻
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

Jessica

Ash, what is the synopsis of the show?  I have not heard of it, but then again, I don't watch much tv.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

tgirlamg

Quote from: Jessica on February 23, 2019, 07:20:45 PM
Ash, what is the synopsis of the show?  I have not heard of it, but then again, I don't watch much tv.

It is a who done it that is very female character centric... based on a novel which was set in Australia...they decided to set the adaption here in Monterey!!!... Reese's Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman are the main stars!!! 

Hugs!!

A 🙋‍♀️💕🌻

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

•  

Jessica

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

tgirlamg

Here is the trailer for the first season...

It has a very eclectic and awesome soundtrack as well...

Season one opening credits

A :)

•  

Kate.claire

I loved BLL!  Didn't read the book, so had no idea what it was about.  My curiosity was piqued by their big awards show wins and seeing Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon together.  If zi could age as well as Nicole Kidman has... she looks amazing!   

Will be great to see theat cast together again,  but I'm worried that it will be hard to top the first season/story.
Kate Carter

"I'm on outside, I'm on the outside now"

•  

tgirlamg

Quote from: Kate.claire on February 23, 2019, 09:21:56 PM
I loved BLL!  Didn't read the book, so had no idea what it was about.  My curiosity was piqued by their big awards show wins and seeing Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon together.  If zi could age as well as Nicole Kidman has... she looks amazing!   

Will be great to see theat cast together again,  but I'm worried that it will be hard to top the first season/story.

Hi Kate!!

Yayyy! A fellow fan!

I too am worried about their ability to keep things going in season 2 because it was soooo good but, I remain hopeful and anxious to see how they do with the story... I watched them filming some of the scenes and got pics of the ladies and a coffee kiosk/shop set that they built at a local park... they had a crew down there today getting a few more scenery shots... I will post a few here in the next day or two!

The condo Nicole moves into in season one is in the complex where I owned and lived at for many years before I decided to sell it to finance transition surgery!!! my unit was directly behind the one they show her in...

BTW... San Diego!!! Cool!!! i spent a lot of time there working at North Island NAS on Coronado, Surfing and as a kid when my grandparents lived in Escondido!

Hugs!!!

Ashley  :)

•  

tgirlamg

@Kate.claire

Hey Kate!

Here are a few pics...

Nicole!!! It was crazy windy that day so she would get in an SUV between takes

Untitled by Ashleyl, on Flickr

This is her on a set of a coffee shop they built for season 2 filming... I wished they had left it!!! It fit in the park pretty well... They used Lovers Point Park area in several season 1 scenes as well like when Adam Scott rode up on his bike to have the conversation with Madelyn's ex-husband and when Jane and Ziggy were eating pizza and playing at the beach

Production Stuff..

These were taken one of the days I was there by a local photographer with a much better lens than my phone!!!

Hugs!!!

Ashley  :) :)

•  

Kate.claire

OMG!  Thanks for posting! I always love how they can just take a known place and create whole new scenes/coffee shops out of nowhere and make them look desirable.  Need those crews to come by my sad house.  ;)

Got to be fun seeing Nicole and Reese together in person.  I'd like to add to my list of wishes... a makeup and hair crew to follow me around.  Lol.

You did well moving from San Diego to Monterey, a little cooler, but beautiful!  Love it up there.  Been here in San Diego all of my adult life after going to UCSD.  Always wanted to move around a bit more, but wife had other ideas, and there are definitely worst places to be settled down.  We head over to Coronado all the time, but our house is in the Clairemont area, traded our Hillcrest home in once the second child was on the way for a bigger place closer to most of Biotech.  Can't remember too many things being filmed around here, definitely no favorite shows of mine.

Sorry, I missed getting on last night because we're currently sucked into the Umbrella Academy and blowing the weekend on that. :)  Strangely enough, the only reason why I watched it was that somewhat made an Umbrella Academy and Klaus reference on the forum... and I was curious to see what they were talking about.  Blindest I've ever gone into a show, though was pretty blind on BLL too and watched it alone and then a second time when I made my wife watch it with me.

-Kate
Kate Carter

"I'm on outside, I'm on the outside now"

•  

tgirlamg

Quote from: Kate.claire on February 24, 2019, 07:11:44 PM
OMG!  Thanks for posting! I always love how they can just take a known place and create whole new scenes/coffee shops out of nowhere and make them look desirable.  Need those crews to come by my sad house.  ;)

Got to be fun seeing Nicole and Reese together in person.  I'd like to add to my list of wishes... a makeup and hair crew to follow me around.  Lol.

You did well moving from San Diego to Monterey, a little cooler, but beautiful!  Love it up there.  Been here in San Diego all of my adult life after going to UCSD.  Always wanted to move around a bit more, but wife had other ideas, and there are definitely worst places to be settled down.  We head over to Coronado all the time, but our house is in the Clairemont area, traded our Hillcrest home in once the second child was on the way for a bigger place closer to most of Biotech.  Can't remember too many things being filmed around here, definitely no favorite shows of mine.

Sorry, I missed getting on last night because we're currently sucked into the Umbrella Academy and blowing the weekend on that. :)  Strangely enough, the only reason why I watched it was that somewhat made an Umbrella Academy and Klaus reference on the forum... and I was curious to see what they were talking about.  Blindest I've ever gone into a show, though was pretty blind on BLL too and watched it alone and then a second time when I made my wife watch it with me.

-Kate

@Kate.claire

Hey Little Sister!

If you ever find yourself up this way, let me know and I will take you on the BLL filming locations tour!!!... My husband has run into Reese and talked to her multiple times and he doesn't even watch the show! Arggg!!!

here is another shot I took of the coffee shop set

Untitled by Ashley , on Flickr

and a couple more by the local photographer... Meryl Streep is in season 2

Untitled by Ashley, on Flickr
Untitled by Ashley, on Flickr

I never lived full time in SD but worked on Coronado at the NAS for a few months... we stayed at hotel circle going toward Mission Valley but I sure loved it and got in a lot of surfing on weekends... mostly around Encinitas area...

onward we go brave sister!!!

Ashley  :)

•