Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

I had my Orchidectomy and Scrotectomy last Friday!

Started by BrandiYYC, February 25, 2019, 12:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrandiYYC

So I was supposed to have this done in November but a few things happened that delayed it and I was put on a waiting list as my Dr was pretty booked up. I wasn't expecting this to happen until later in the spring at the earliest but less than 2 weeks ago I get a call, and a few appointments and days later voila, they are gone!

I decided on having the scrotectomy at the same time as the skin repulses me especially on some of the ' after' pictures I have seen, and I have decided that when/if the time comes for GRS that I will be perfectly happy with the low depth option as this will meet my needs/wants. I understand everyone is completely different in their thoughts on this and that is perfectly ok!

Friday was fine, I had a general anesthetic so no pain or memory of it. I spent some extra time in recovery as I couldn't pee but with some walking and time things started to flow. Saturday was mostly OK, I took my painkillers as I did need them, and Sunday the same. Today things are still very tender and maybe a bit more painful than yesterday, I guess I won't be one of the lucky girls who had little pain and short recovery time. But all in all I am dealing with everything just fine and am very happy to get rid of the T in my body and stop taking Spiro which had produced some challenges for me.

I have done a lot of research here, and soul searching, and just wanted to provide another data point for people who are searching for information trying to figure out their path. Any questions I would be glad to help. I am in Alberta and luckily AB Health covered the surgery.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@BrandiYYC
Dear Brandy ...  
WOW, this is a wonderful surprise announcement for all of us hear to find out about...  your last posting on the Forums before this one today was way back in early June of 2018.   
I wish that you would have given me a heads up so I could have been counting down the days to your surgery with you and thus allowing me to be rooting for your successful procedure and quick healing....   and good results that you can be happy with.

Thank you for sharing your personal update and providing information for members near and around Alberta, Canada that may be seeking advice on similar procedures.

Please don't be a stranger here on the forums...  post again soon but only when you feel so led.
Hugs and best wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

BrandiYYC

Thanks for the kind words!

Life has been treating me really good, I also had a Web Glottosplasty last year and just living my life. I do really like the forum here but took a break, glad to be back with some news on my journey.
  •  

AnneK

QuoteThank you for sharing your personal update and providing information for members near and around Alberta, Canada that may be seeking advice on similar procedures.

Same here in Ontario.  Orchis and GCS are covered in our provincial health plans.

It never ceases to amaze me to see what nonsense they go through with health insurance, etc. in the U.S.

I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

GordonG

Congrats. And for getting the baggy taken care of at the same time.  I tried to get my doctor to do that but couldn't.  Now I'll have to have that done in about 4 months.

I wish you well in the healing process.  Keep us updated.
I'm a gender confused guy who lives an hour north of Seattle.
I believe that I was influenced by DES. I have crossdressed in public a handful of times, see avatar picture (enhanced with FaceApp).
I don't plan on transitioning, no GRS, FFS, nor BA.
I consider myself TransFeminine. But reserve the right to change my mind at any time.  ;D

Spironolactone; 7-16-2018
E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

Devlyn

Congratulations! Welcome to the nutless club.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

LizK

@BrandiYYC

Congradulations...so pleased your procedure went to well and you are feeling good. Sounds like you did  a lot of hard work to make the right decision for you.

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Megan.

Congrats, I hope you have a nice and simple recovery.

Thank you for sharing about your choice and reasons, it's nice to see the variety of options available and how they can work best for us.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Linde

Quote from: BrandiYYC on February 25, 2019, 12:45:46 PM
So I was supposed to have this done in November but a few things happened that delayed it and I was put on a waiting list as my Dr was pretty booked up. I wasn't expecting this to happen until later in the spring at the earliest but less than 2 weeks ago I get a call, and a few appointments and days later voila, they are gone!

I decided on having the scrotectomy at the same time as the skin repulses me especially on some of the ' after' pictures I have seen, and I have decided that when/if the time comes for GRS that I will be perfectly happy with the low depth option as this will meet my needs/wants. I understand everyone is completely different in their thoughts on this and that is perfectly ok!

Friday was fine, I had a general anesthetic so no pain or memory of it. I spent some extra time in recovery as I couldn't pee but with some walking and time things started to flow. Saturday was mostly OK, I took my painkillers as I did need them, and Sunday the same. Today things are still very tender and maybe a bit more painful than yesterday, I guess I won't be one of the lucky girls who had little pain and short recovery time. But all in all I am dealing with everything just fine and am very happy to get rid of the T in my body and stop taking Spiro which had produced some challenges for me.

I have done a lot of research here, and soul searching, and just wanted to provide another data point for people who are searching for information trying to figure out their path. Any questions I would be glad to help. I am in Alberta and luckily AB Health covered the surgery.
Hi Girl, we are orchi sisters.  My balls also left me for good on Friday.  I am one of those who have extremely little pain, but had to rush to the ER on Friday night because of heavy bleeding.

Now the two of us can look at a life free of testosterone!
Hugs
Linde
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

BrandiYYC

Quote from: Dietlind on February 25, 2019, 10:44:38 PM
Hi Girl, we are orchi sisters.  My balls also left me for good on Friday.  I am one of those who have extremely little pain, but had to rush to the ER on Friday night because of heavy bleeding.

Now the two of us can look at a life free of testosterone!
Hugs
Linde

Congratulations Dietlind! I am glad to hear you are ok after your scare and happy about your choice. Good luck with your recovery.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: BrandiYYC on February 26, 2019, 09:30:28 AM
Congratulations Dietlind! I am glad to hear you are ok after your scare and happy about your choice. Good luck with your recovery.
I wish you the same, Brandi!  Pretty soon we have not to be afraid anymore if some person would threaten to knee us  >:-)

•  

BrandiYYC

I wanted to give an update, it has been 17 days now and I am very please with how things are progressing. It wasn't as easy as some people have reported but I made it!

My situation might be a bit different adding in the scrotectomy but the pain seemed to get worse around day 4, day 5 I went to see my GP and was told everything was looking good and got some better pain killers hehe. Days 11 & 12 I only needed the pain killers once per day and Day 13 I was able to stop the pain killers altogether. Now it is just super itchy with a small amount of pain waiting for the stitches to dissolve.

Pain was significantly less laying down or in my la-z-boy. I was rocking a muumuu around the house with no panties for maximum comfort, the first time since childhood I had no interest in panties! I couldn't bend over for about a week, but still managed to eat well and 7-11 kept my slurpee cup filled up.

Was it worth it? 100% YES! Mentally it has been so satisfying, I truly feel much better about myself. Physically I do not feel any changes yet but I am so happy the T isn't poisoning my body anymore. I'm hoping the stitches will be gone over the next week. I have my checkup with the surgeon in 3 weeks time and I am going to England the next day for a few weeks to go on a beer cleanse and watch some football with friends from the pride supporters group for my team. I can't wait!

Another step in my journey complete.
  •  

Maid Marion

•  

GordonG

Brandi, Good for you. Reading your update I'm thinking that the "extra" pain that you had, that I didn't experience after my orchi, is it due to having the scrotum taken at the same time? Anyone else want to chime in. Is a scrotectomy more painful than an orchiectomy?
I'm a gender confused guy who lives an hour north of Seattle.
I believe that I was influenced by DES. I have crossdressed in public a handful of times, see avatar picture (enhanced with FaceApp).
I don't plan on transitioning, no GRS, FFS, nor BA.
I consider myself TransFeminine. But reserve the right to change my mind at any time.  ;D

Spironolactone; 7-16-2018
E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

Linde

Quote from: GordonG on March 11, 2019, 08:16:15 PM
Brandi, Good for you. Reading your update I'm thinking that the "extra" pain that you had, that I didn't experience after my orchi, is it due to having the scrotum taken at the same time? Anyone else want to chime in. Is a scrotectomy more painful than an orchiectomy?
I can chime in fro the surgical aspect only.  The wound is larger, but the pain should not be that dramatically different, because it is the identical tissue that is cut.  You and I had not much of it, in fact I took pain killers only on the day of surgery, and than on 3 consecutive nights to ensure a good night rest.
Of course, everybody has a different pain threshold, and I seem to be able to handle pain very well.
It is very difficult to make judgement on health issues via long distance, because we don't know how the cut was placed, and how the wound was closed.
You had drains in, I did not, and I did  not need them, because every bleeding vessel as cauterized during surgery, and no bleeding inside the scrotum could take place.  My only bleeding came from the skin wound which could not be cauterized because it needs to heal back together.
Every surgeon has a different technique and will tell you their is the best!

•  

krobinson103

Its day 6 of recovery and  I have to say its been more challenging than I expected. Significant nerve pain and a fair bit of physical weakness. The incision barely hurts at all and apart from the ugly stitches is healed as far as I can tell. Gone pain killer free today and I feel ok. Still feel I need another week before I'm mobile again.
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: krobinson103 on March 31, 2019, 11:42:21 PM
Its day 6 of recovery and  I have to say its been more challenging than I expected. Significant nerve pain and a fair bit of physical weakness. The incision barely hurts at all and apart from the ugly stitches is healed as far as I can tell. Gone pain killer free today and I feel ok. Still feel I need another week before I'm mobile again.
As I said before, it took quite a toll on me, too!  It seems to be a much larger physical challenge for the body than I thought, too.  Who would have thoughten that those two little balls have so much control over the well being of our bodies?
I feel good now, and you will get there, too!  Hang in there!

•