Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

my mother said something offensive......

Started by OliverR., February 28, 2019, 07:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OliverR.

Thanks :) Yeah, high school was a weird time.....never want to go back there. I'm amazed how some people understand their feelings of being trans at a young age, though I think it's a lot more common for kids these days because there's more visibility. I was really confused why i felt that way back then because no one talked about it.
"Don't make me run! I'm full of chocolate!" :eusa_sick:
  •  

Kylo

Quote from: Kirsteneklund7 on March 01, 2019, 05:31:33 AM
Hi OliverR and Kylo,
                                  I am reading a book recommended by a switched on dude called FTM by Aaron Devor who also happens to be trans.

How are you finding it? That book was quite helpful in demonstrating how common the symptoms are and how close some of them were to my own and helped quite significantly in self-diagnosis prior to official diagnosis. The only thing I would say deviated greatly for me was the fact most of the case studies tended toward heterosexual post transition.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

OliverR.

interesting, I'll have to look into that book. It is good to see that there are a lot of other bisexual/gay transmen on here.
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: Kylo on March 05, 2019, 04:15:16 PM
How are you finding it? That book was quite helpful in demonstrating how common the symptoms are and how close some of them were to my own and helped quite significantly in self-diagnosis prior to official diagnosis. The only thing I would say deviated greatly for me was the fact most of the case studies tended toward heterosexual post transition.
Kylo the book is really giving me an insight into the condition.

So much insight that I may have to transition from transwoman to transman !
(Sorry that was a bad joke - but my timing was impeccable ! )

Seriously I think the case studies of the many transmen encompasses the transman experience quite thoroughly and has spiked my interest in Aarons life and experience.

The influence of nature vs nuture is a big question Im working through in the book right now.

I cant help but wonder if this is the best FTM book out there- it is good!

When we read a book encompassing FTM & MTF I think we find much common ground but the FTM experience does not mirror MTF exactly at all. It is so valuable to read about FTM in isolation as a topic.

A very good point raised on this board about the classic perception of of FTM being a type of lesbian when in reality its not really the case. Transmen are often attracted to cis men. Even transmen that like girls are generally not like lesbians at all.

Kirsten xx.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

OliverR.

yeah, it's very weird that people seem to believe that. I've seen more transmen on here that are either gay or bisexual. My husband's a cis man. He's realized a lot about himself lately though.  He told me the other day that the gender of a person doesn't bother him really.
  •  

V M

What surprises me is when my mother doesn't say something offensive  ::)   I think she believes it's in her job description or something
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

OliverR.

haha, what is her job? oh wait, I think I'm being gullible. How old is your mother?
  •