Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Anyone else an involuntary non-op?

Started by JenSCDC, February 28, 2019, 06:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JenSCDC

In my case, an eating disorder prevents me from having surgery :(
  •  

PurplePelican

Surgery for me is medically contraindicated due to anesthesia issues, but I wouldn't ever call myself an "involuntary nonop" as that sounds a little too like "involuntary celibacy" and I'd rather not be associated with the incel crowd.
This is not medical advice. Always consult your doctor.
  •  

JenSCDC

•  

PurplePelican

Nonop works just fine, I don't understand why it needs an additional qualifier.
  •  

Chloe

QuoteMost eating disorders involve focusing too much on your weight, body shape and food, leading to dangerous eating behaviors.
Jen what kind of "eating disorder" you dealing with? Sometimes wish I could switch on anorexia for a short while, am having trouble fasting for even one day. Think we all tend to focus on this to some degree . . . am 6', was down to 165lb when active working and now cannot break 190 to save my life but do like the more "feminine shape;)

Are you too heavy for height? Docs insisting lose weight first?
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

JenSCDC

Quote from: Chloe on March 01, 2019, 06:36:15 AM
       Jen what kind of "eating disorder" you dealing with?

Binge eating disorder, which has caused me to gain tons of weight, too much to have surgery, and left me unable to lose it- how can you lose weight when you can't control what you eat???
  •  

Linde

Quote from: JenSCDC on March 03, 2019, 09:27:17 PM
Binge eating disorder, which has caused me to gain tons of weight, too much to have surgery, and left me unable to lose it- how can you lose weight when you can't control what you eat???
A friend of mine has a similar disorder.  She had surgery done and reduced the size of her stomach (they put a sleeve over it, and It cannot expand).  She has lost 60 pounds in less than a year and needs to lose another 45 pounds, but it seem to be no big deal anymore for her.
Would something like that work for you?
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

JenSCDC

I don't think I'm fat enough to be eligible for bariatric surgery, _plus_ the binging aspect would just mean that I'd be puking my guts out all the time.

I've already tried medications, therapy, and seeing a dietitian. Nothing has worked.
  •  

JenSCDC

Quote from: PurplePelican on March 01, 2019, 02:43:25 AM
Nonop works just fine, I don't understand why it needs an additional qualifier.

To me, a plain "nonop" implies being that way voluntarily.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: JenSCDC on March 03, 2019, 09:53:10 PM
I don't think I'm fat enough to be eligible for bariatric surgery, _plus_ the binging aspect would just mean that I'd be puking my guts out all the time.

I've already tried medications, therapy, and seeing a dietitian. Nothing has worked.
It worked very well with my friend.  She did not have to puke at all, because the being full signal came early enough, and was uncomfortable enough that she could stop eating before it came to puking!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

JenSCDC

Quote from: Dietlind on March 03, 2019, 10:15:16 PM
It worked very well with my friend.  She did not have to puke at all, because the being full signal came early enough, and was uncomfortable enough that she could stop eating before it came to puking!

With my BED, an urge compared to a normal desire to eat is like anesthesia vs. merely being tired (as someone who's been under 25 times, I know what I'm talking about). Signals of being full do nothing to stop my binging.
  •  

JenSCDC

•  

PurplePelican

Quote from: JenSCDC on March 03, 2019, 09:54:29 PM
To me, a plain "nonop" implies being that way voluntarily.

People are nonop for all sorts of reasons, who am I to judge them? Anesthesia issues mean I probably won't have SRS, but that also helped me realise that my genitals were not my problem.
  •