Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

I’ve decided to be fit

Started by MeTony, March 03, 2019, 09:22:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeTony

I took the step towards a healthy life. I will lose my overweight. I have joined a fitnessclub online. I get cooking tips and an app that measures and keeps track of everything I eat. And my exercise.

I was sceptic to the app but a friend has managed to lose weight with that one.

So here I go. The beer tummy is about to disappear.

I know it won't happen overnight. But at the end of summer, I will hopefully have lost enough to have normal jeans on me. Like 32". I'm a 36" today.

This is the first day of my new fit life.

Tony
  •  

Jessica

This is awesome news Tony!
But oof, this is a reminder to myself to lose those extra holiday weight gains...🤭

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Gertrude

I use Fooducate to track my nutrition. I used to journal it. Never again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

MeTony

Something I have noticed is that I eat when I am bored. I have stopped that now. Instead I try to talk away the boring time on the phone. Or hang out on forums. Trying to learn youtube too.

I sometimes also take a walk. Walking is good for curing the bored feelings. Today I took a 5 km walk in the snow falling from the sky just after breakfast.

I'm bored when I have nothing to do. On vacation until wednesday. Oooohhhhhh....

Tony
  •  

Maid Marion

Good for you!

It may help to find a hobby to do in your spare time.  As long as it isn't baking, the worst hobby in the world for someone trying to lose weight.
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: MeTony on March 03, 2019, 09:22:38 AM
I took the step towards a healthy life. I will lose my overweight. I have joined a fitnessclub online. I get cooking tips and an app that measures and keeps track of everything I eat. And my exercise.

I was sceptic to the app but a friend has managed to lose weight with that one.

So here I go. The beer tummy is about to disappear.

I know it won't happen overnight. But at the end of summer, I will hopefully have lost enough to have normal jeans on me. Like 32". I'm a 36" today.

This is the first day of my new fit life.

Tony

You can absolutely do it Tony! Just by cutting the snacks and walking you would be amazed how much weight comes off. Also drink lots of water.
  •  

MeTony

Quote from: Maid Marion on March 03, 2019, 11:09:17 AM
Good for you!

It may help to find a hobby to do in your spare time.  As long as it isn't baking, the worst hobby in the world for someone trying to lose weight.

Haha. I'll avoid baking. I have hobbies. But the vacation came in the way. I've been on travelling foot for a week visiting my relatives and skiing in northen Sweden. But now there are some days left before work again. I have stuff to do tomorrow though. That will be nice.

Tony
  •  

MeTony

Quote from: NatalieRene on March 03, 2019, 11:13:34 AM
You can absolutely do it Tony! Just by cutting the snacks and walking you would be amazed how much weight comes off. Also drink lots of water.

I drink water instead of having a snack. I also take a coffee break every now and then. Coffee without a snack.

I hope this will make a noticeable differance.

Tony
  •  

Gertrude

For me, it was an extension of CBT or cognitive behavioral therapy. I get to choose what I do, I don't have to be a victim of my own internal beliefs. Understand those beliefs and how they trigger behaviors, one can intercept them before action and change habits. There's a lot of negative self-talk being trans and for me, lessening the shame and realizing I'm ok as I am was a good start. It's a fight every day at times, but once I realized I get to decide, I can choose not to self-medicate, in my case with food. Self-medication and addictions are just diversionary adaptations in order to not deal with ones >-bleeped-<. Those diversions can be almost anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

MeTony

I was addicted to alcohol and computer games. Guess I have an addict brain. Just need to keep a close eye on myself that I don't find some new strange destructive addiction.
  •  

SapphireFlames

Good luck Tony!

I have also made self-pact to get healthier, biggest issue I had was drinking too much soda (that and severely limited exercise).  Now that I have cut out the soda and started getting back into shape (baby steps) I already just feel better, even if the results aren't there physically yet and that can be a huge morale boost. 
I feel like I also have a bit of an addictive personality, the best cure for me has been finding things I can get "addicted" to that are more constructive of my mind/body, with less of the things that take me away from my lofty goals (way easier said than done  :-\).  But I know that you and anyone else on here can persevere with the best of them!

-Sky
~ Sky
  •