Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Safety Razor

Started by VickyS, March 07, 2019, 06:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VickyS

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my experience.

Last night I shaved my face with my trusty Merkur safety razor and I needed to do my legs which I usually do with a Gillette 5 blade disposable.  This time I had not shaved them for a bit longer than usual so I looked at my safety razor and thought I'd give it a go!

Brilliant!  It did not clog like the disposable and I ALWAYS used to get a rash, especially on the upper front thigh area, but this time NO rash!

I feel like I've made a discovery and apart from one nick on my knee it was much quicker and easier.

The only problem was it's a bit of a manly razor until I did a bit of on-line research and it turns out that lots of ladies use them too including the exact model and blades I do!  fantastic!

I bet a lot of you already knew this but I'm really pleased with it.  ;D ;D ;D

One question though.  I have been using soap as a lubricant.  Is there a better product or just carry on using soap?

Vicky. x
Came out to self: mid Oct 17                   Last haircut: 3rd Nov 17       
Came out to wife: 17th Jan 18                 Therapy started: 1st Mar 18
Electrolysis started: 10th Apr 18              Referred to GIC: 16th May 18
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Try using cheap hair conditioner instead of soap.  That is the best shaving lubricant I have ever tried for legs.  It's a great lubricant and it acts like lotion so your legs come out nice and soft.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

LexiDreamer

I use Aveeno therapeutic shaving cream for my face. I don't shave my legs so I can't help you there.
I only ever shaved my legs once and I carved them up, I was devastated. I epilate all the hair on my body except the very soft bits and my head. Keep stretchy skin away form the epilator!  It's not pretty.
*** Any suggestions I make should never be used as a substitute for licensed medical advice ***
*** All of my personal pharmaceutical experiences I share, have been explicitly supervised by a licenced medical professional ***
  •  

AnneK

When I tried shaving my legs, years ago, I damn near committed suicide!   ;)

I then moved to an epilator and later went for laser.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

Dana Thompson

I used a safer razor on my legs for a while (it was my only razor) but I kept cutting or nicking myself! Maybe I just suck at this, but I replaced it with a Venus and my legs get so much smoother with no cuts! I like shaving my legs now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Chloe

Casodex! Google "bicalutamide hirsutism" and never shave body hair again!
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

VickyS

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on March 07, 2019, 10:18:24 AM
Try using cheap hair conditioner instead of soap.  That is the best shaving lubricant I have ever tried for legs.  It's a great lubricant and it acts like lotion so your legs come out nice and soft.

Thanks Colleen, I'll definitely try that!
Came out to self: mid Oct 17                   Last haircut: 3rd Nov 17       
Came out to wife: 17th Jan 18                 Therapy started: 1st Mar 18
Electrolysis started: 10th Apr 18              Referred to GIC: 16th May 18
  •