Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Surging through my veins

Started by MichelleVindee, March 07, 2019, 11:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichelleVindee

Today the blocker is surging through my veins, Spironolactone . If all goes well and bloods are ok I will start HRT in three weeks time.

My GP (Gender Medicine) seems really nice, so I feel comfortable that we will have a good relationship. Two to three months will tell on how my body is starting to embrace the medication. I have no expectations and I will go on having no expectations. What my body decides to do with the help of these medications is really up to itself, my brain will go along for the ride!

The dysphoria will be interesting to observe and I hope to give a frank account of how it proceeds with nearly two weeks of Living full time as a women. It's physically tiring but I feel that it should not take too long in adjustment and becomes normal.  Going out is less of an issue but vocalising socially will take a lot of work to try and adjust to a softer more feminine voice? A person that has always been used to communicating  on a  daily basis, I now find myself using less words sparingly, more descriptive.

A safe journey to all my sisters that have embarked on this journey, I too join you all.

Warm Regards Michelle

<No dosages please
Admin>
Warm Regards Michelle
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@MichelleVindee
This is very exciting news for you and also very exciting for all of us to read...  very happy for you.
As you get going with your HRT in 3 weeks please be sure to keep all of us tuned into your progress but only post more updates as you feel comfortable doing.

We are your biggest fans here on the forums and we are all rooting for your success!! :)

Hugs and best wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Allie Jayne

Michelle, congratulations on taking your first steps! I am seeing my Endo next Wednesday to find out the plan I will be on, and I am expecting a Spiro prescription. As you are a week or so ahead of me I will be interested in your progress, so do keep us updated!

My dysphoria has increased substantially in the past year, and taught me a lesson about its power by making me quite sick over many months. The 4 docs who have tried to cure me have run out of ideas, and finally agreed that dysphoria is the likely cause of my illness. So I need to take significant steps towards transition to try reduce my dysphoria, so I can regain my health. I now have a deep respect for the power of dysphoria!

I am envious of you going full time, as I doubt I will get that opportunity.

Allie
  •  

MichelleVindee

Allie, its lovely to hear from you. Please stay hopeful.

I will post in the next week how the blockers are going, even though it is early days. The GP for the control of Spiro/HRT thinks that not too much will happen in the next three weeks, I tend to agree with her but it will be interesting to see what the next round of test results will show? More for the electrolytes and if they are at a good level.

Warm Wishes
Michelle
Warm Regards Michelle
  •  

Allie Jayne

Michelle, I'm ever hopeful, just don't want to build expectations in case it doesn't happen. I know we are all different, but I will be watching your posts to see how Spiro works for you. I expect I will get mine next week, but suspect my Estrogen  will be delayed due to illness and an overseas trip next month. So you will probably slip out to a month or two ahead of me and be like a 'what's next forecast' for me.

I hope 2019 realises your dreams and you settle in your proper place.

Allie
  •  

AnneK

Quote from: MichelleVindee on March 07, 2019, 11:37:52 PM
Today the blocker is surging through my veins, Spironolactone . If all goes well and bloods are ok I will start HRT in three weeks time.

I have an appointment with the endocrinologist next month for HRT.  I'm already on dutasteride so I shouldn't need any other anti-androgen.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

MichelleVindee

Hello Annek, Hi Allie.

Good Luck, I do hope all goes well for you. It will be interesting to hear what you both are prescribed in the form of HRT? Im sure they will be different, My Dr tells me there are a number of options and circumstaces to consider.

Oh well im on for the ride , lets see what happens

Warm Wishes Michelle
Warm Regards Michelle
  •  

Allie Jayne

Had an Endo appointment today, and he had some surprises for me! It seems my blood test revealed my T was so low, I don't need blockers, so I start Estrogen Monday!

It's actually happening!!!

Allie
  •  

MichelleVindee

Quote from: Allie Jayne on March 13, 2019, 02:57:30 AM
Had an Endo appointment today, and he had some surprises for me! It seems my blood test revealed my T was so low, I don't need blockers, so I start Estrogen Monday!

It's actually happening!!!

Allie

Wow lucky you! Now you can start telling me what you're experiencing on HRT!
Warm Regards Michelle
  •  

MichelleVindee

Its been over a week now on the blocker and a quick post on my first thoughts/experience.

Weight, only after a few days I thought to weigh myself and got a big shock, lost over a 1Kg (2 pounds), its stable now and my new weight has been maintained. I presume this is due to fluid loss. This is one of the most important factors in keeping fluids up.

I have not had any major side effects that the GP mentioned , thankfully. With the lowering of the blood pressure it can cause light headiness, that has not been much of a problem.

Hot flushes, this is the only way I can describe it, really bad the first few days but I think I am on top of it now.

Mentally and  this is interesting , at the end of the first week I have found my state of mind at a very low point. My outlook on the Gender Dysphoria was really being questioned and I found my self not really enjoying the reflection in the mirror. Very different feeling from a couple of weeks ago when I first started to live as a women full time and was high on the moment. After seeing my Psychologist, commenting that it may be the slight change in the testosterone levels (very slight after first week) and drop in energy that may have something to do with it. Today as I write this post I am starting to feel a bit more like my old self, so she might be right. In the meantime I will keep an eye on it.
Warm Regards Michelle
  •  

Allie Jayne

Michelle,
I hope you are over the initial T drop and feeling better. 1kg in weight variation could be caused by lots of things, but better down than up!

I have had my first E patch on for about 10 hours, and feel a bit robbed. It was a rush to pick up the prescription this morning and apply the patch, but made me late for work, so I had to rush again and make up time. My 7 month old grandson was admitted to hospital last night with breathing difficulties, and I have been talking to my daughter every couple of hours, to check his progress. Yes, that included through the night, so I am also tired. I had a psych appointment scheduled for late next month, but they had a cancellation and fit me in this evening, so, with all this going on, I pretty much forgot I had the patch on. Can't say I've noticed anything different, and I didn't have time to dwell on the significance of my first patch! Now I have to get on the phone to my daughter, and get to bed.

Maybe I'll have something to report when everything else in my life slows a bit more!

Allie
  •  

MichelleVindee

Allie,

You sound caught up in the moment, don't forget to breathe!

Just remember it may not be until a good few months before you start feeling or seeing any change. Its like cooking a favorite cake you cant mess with the ingredients or have the heat up to high otherwise it wont  end up being a great cake!

Give it time to blossom!

hope the week gets better for you...
Warm Regards Michelle
  •  

MichelleVindee

Second week on the Spiro, wow this is a bit of a ride sometimes. One that I would rather not be taking. Cant wait for the Blood test next week to see if there is any change from the baseline.

Hot flushes are getting meaner , it does not help that all of Australia is burning up! Really have to keep the fluids up, its so important. Lost another Kilo! Starting to increase my diet.

Starting to feel really lathagic, I am putting that down to some sort of drop in testosterone but again this may be too early, could be low blood pressure? Again really looking forward to have a check up again with the Dr.

No change in mass on the body (too early), possible change/reduction in hair on the arms lightning in colour but not too sure on that one.

Next Friday, as long as I get the all clear I start HRT so this will hopefully counteract some of the side effects from Spiro.

Allie hope all is well... 
Warm Regards Michelle
  •  

Allie Jayne

Sorry it has't been a smooth start for you Michelle. I'm sure your Endo will adjust your medications to make it improve, especially if your T is dropping rapidly. I'm glad now I didn't need Spiro, but a week in and I haven't really noticed anything on E. My Endo was fairly confident I would increase my dose after my next review in April. I am feeling a bit better in the last week, but it is mostly because I am improving from illness, and they have finally worked out what it is. My grandson came out of hospital and is getting better also I have a dive trip to the Phillipines in 2 weeks, and I thought I may miss it, but I have medical clearance to go, so a number of things have made me happy.

Hang in there, we have waited a long time to get on this ride, and I'm sure it gets better!

Allie
  •  

Allie Jayne

I hope your ride has settled down a bit Michelle. I'm coming up to 3 weeks and almost no physical effects to report. I do feel better, but I am still recovering from illness, so that my be the reason.

Allie
  •  

MichelleVindee

Great to hear you are feeling better,

Friday this week and it will be one week that I have been on HRT! I concur there will not be many physical changes straight away, Ive been told it takes sometime but mentally you may start to feel different. Since the HRT has kicked in I feel so much better! Hopefully it is filling the void that the blocker was creating...

Interesting times ahead?

Take care, will write soon
Warm Regards Michelle
  •  

LizK

Thanks for the updates Michelle...it would seem you are getting all the expected side effects of Spiro. I can't comment too much as I never had to take a T blocker and now I don't have anything to produce it  :). I have heard of the weight loss on Spiro before and much of it was reported because of fluid loss so you are right in your assertion to keep your fluids up.

I remember it took awhile of low T before I actually noticed that something was going on then it was another year before I made myself do something about it...that is another story all together.

Thanks for updating us on your journey... when will you be starting your E it must be close now? or is it a matter of weight and see how you go with spiro

Good luck

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Allie Jayne

That is great news Michelle! Hopefully you can now start to enjoy this journey. My Endo wanted to try me on a low to medium dose of E to start, and said we would increase at the first review. I was really needing some reduction of my dysphoria to help me get over a cough I've had for 8 months, and it seems to have worked! But something unexpected has also happened. I've been low on T for many years, so not much has been happening down there, but in the past couple of weeks I've had morning half erections! I didn't think E would have that sort of effect. Absolutely no sensitivity of nipples or other effects I've read the other ladies have experienced. I know we are all on different journeys and I am happy to wait.

Allie
  •  

MichelleVindee

Quote from: LizK on April 03, 2019, 05:11:49 AM
Thanks for updating us on your journey... when will you be starting your E it must be close now? or is it a matter of weight and see how you go with spiro

Good luck

Liz

Hi LizK

I'm a week now on E, two this Friday coming. Sorry I refer to it as HRT.

The Spiro is awful (my opinion) it really has messed with my head, symptoms are nowhere as bad as they were but regarding ones mental state I think it has affected my outlook on occasions, especially doubting myself and the reasons for change (dysphoria), which I have never experienced before taking this drug. It also makes you feel numb and void of emotion then bang everything comes back into extreme mode. Things have settled since the E but I do get the odd moment of doubt, I don't like it.
The diuretic plays havoc on my vocal cords confirmed by my speech therapist so I am trying to inhale hot air through an inhaler to combat that. My GP (Hormone) and psychologist are aware and we have decided to give a few more weeks and evaluate then.

Thank you for your kind words of support.
Warm Regards Michelle
  •  

MichelleVindee

Quote from: Allie Jayne on April 03, 2019, 06:33:20 AM
I've been low on T for many years, so not much has been happening down there, but in the past couple of weeks I've had morning half erections! I didn't think E would have that sort of effect. Absolutely no sensitivity of nipples or other effects I've read the other ladies have experienced. I know we are all on different journeys and I am happy to wait.

Allie

Allie good to hear from you!

Ditto, I swear since being on Spiro, it has given me more of a masculine look (I catch myself in the mirror sometimes and see a middle age man!). This could be from the weight loss and I am definitely looking different in the face, in fact a bit gaunt where before all of this I used to have quite a rounded baby face look, all that roundness has gone. Still quite defined in the arms and legs more so again on the weight loss. It is early days and this process will take years, the changes may be minimal.

Maybe it will come back with the effects of E? Oh well, all first world issues and really I have to give myself a good kick and tell myself to get on with it!  :D

Lots of Luv....
Warm Regards Michelle
  •