Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Surging through my veins

Started by MichelleVindee, March 07, 2019, 11:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichelleVindee

I remember reading  a number of Ladies accounts that Injecting the hormone seemed to work more favourably for them as opposed to the other options of delivery but I remember the Dr telling me that Injecting Hormone was not available here in Australia so I am taking them orally.

I was thinking and maybe this is a question for the Endo but when is the best time to take E?

First thing in the morning before food? Or after? 

I just realised that I take mine after I have finished my breakfast, at the same time as I take the Spiro and a Hay Fever tablet.  I wonder how does the gut react to this having one big hit? Is this allowing the E a chance to get absorbed into the gut?

So should I take this on its own and leave the Spiro and Hay Fever tablet until much later?

I am curious to know if anyone knows if there is any importance to when or how many tablets you should take all at once or stagger them throughout the day?
Warm Regards Michelle
  •  

AnneK

I asked my endo that question yesterday.  He said it doesn't matter.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: MichelleVindee on April 18, 2019, 05:02:09 AM
I remember reading  a number of Ladies accounts that Injecting the hormone seemed to work more favourably for them as opposed to the other options of delivery but I remember the Dr telling me that Injecting Hormone was not available here in Australia so I am taking them orally.

It's not specifically injections that do the job, it's getting onto any kind of method that bypasses the liver, which is what messes up the oral estradiol for 1/3 to 1/4 of us. I'm one for whom switching from oral to injection made a big difference. Not every girl needs to do it, but my numbers were really bizarre until I switched.

There is at least one Aussie girl here on Susan's who has E implants. There are others who use patches, or gel, or even take the pills sublingually (under the tongue) or buccally (between the cheek and gum). Whatever keeps you from swallowing it and gets it directly into the bloodstream.

The pills may be just fine for you, but if you'd like to check, next time you have labs drawn, ask to have your Estrone and Total Serum Estrogen checked as well as the Estradiol levels. While on pills, my Estrone and Serum Estrogen were ridiculously high. I've had two lab tests, three months apart, since switching to injections, and each time those numbers have decreased, until now they're exactly where they're supposed to be for ciswomen.

Checking on Testosterone and Free Testosterone can be helpful, too. It's becoming apparent for me that, after nearly two years of HRT, Spironolactone may no longer be necessary, as it appears (as others have said) that in certain circumstances, the Estradiol suppresses the T on its own.

My source for most of this information is Dr. Will Powers, who has a thriving practice in Michigan serving our community. I encourage everyone to read his report and come to your own conclusions. I'm a believer, since his recommendations worked for me. Here's a link to his report:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/112o11ykp0H-8tU_SbIToT1aZwL6LCK0S

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

MichelleVindee

Thank you AnneK and Steph2.0 for your feedback,

Interesting three weeks on E and my weight has started to increase. I seem to be adjusting quite well to the changes so hopefully this will balance out everything.

I never thought of putting the tablets under the tongue, I will try this for the next couple of weeks. I definitely will not be doing this for the spiro though. Foul tasting tablets   >:(
Warm Regards Michelle
  •  

AnneK

QuoteI never thought of putting the tablets under the tongue, I will try this for the next couple of weeks.

That's how I've been taking mine.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: MichelleVindee on April 19, 2019, 06:30:03 PM
Thank you AnneK and Steph2.0 for your feedback,

Interesting three weeks on E and my weight has started to increase. I seem to be adjusting quite well to the changes so hopefully this will balance out everything.

I never thought of putting the tablets under the tongue, I will try this for the next couple of weeks. I definitely will not be doing this for the spiro though. Foul tasting tablets   >:(

You do need to be careful when changing dosing methods. The amount of E absorbed directly into the bloodstream sublingually is not just higher overall but may spike. When I tried it that way my emotional swings were extreme. I attributed some pretty bad meltdowns to that, and stopped doing it. I seriously suggest you talk to your doctor before trying it.

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

MichelleVindee

Quote from: steph2.0 on April 19, 2019, 08:25:07 PM
You do need to be careful when changing dosing methods. The amount of E absorbed directly into the bloodstream sublingually is not just higher overall but may spike. When I tried it that way my emotional swings were extreme. I attributed some pretty bad meltdowns to that, and stopped doing it. I seriously suggest you talk to your doctor before trying it.

Yes I agree, I have just been reading all about the "SPIKE" and increase regarding the bypass of the liver, interesting.

Thank you Ladies for your feedback.

22 days on HRT and the area sound the areola is starting to get quite sensitive. I've started to put weight back on, my outlook feels much better so hopefully the E is filling the void that was left from using the blocker.

Steph2.0, regarding your mood swings did they make you feel as if you were being critical on yourself (judgemental)?

Ever since I have started the blockers and HRT I find at times, a wave of despair at the reflection of myself, how I look and what I am wearing. My Dysphoria is pretty much nonexistent now and the way I feel regarding how I look is much less gratifying than before. I wonder if this is me getting more used to living as a women or the changes that the medication is making to my body and brain (puberty as a women). Could this be the adaption that goes with such a change? Is this the maleness evaporating and the feminine starting to take hold? I think this is something that I will be talking to my Psychologist about.

As we transition MTF and FTM, is this something wholly exclusive to our psyche that we can start to identify with both sides of the coin? Does this experience make us more level in our outlook whereas before we overcompensated in some way due to the Dysphoria? Does this make us special (Profound)? That through our commitment we have truly got to understand the sexes or is the complete gender (final), artificially been created by drugs and not a true reflection of the two genders?

Or is the Dysphoria before transition, an individual's gateway to both sides of gender, our brains allowing fleeting glimpses into the other side? If so this gives us the ability to surely understand the world in a much broader canvas.

Does this give us the edge?

Is this part of our evolution, in a million years from now where we are born gender neutral (no genitals). As we mature and grow to the teenage period of our lives, our brains can switch on sex-changing whose hermaphrodotism will develop into the gender we feel that we are supposed to be and make us completely gender fluid, physically. This already happens in the animal kingdom, so could the human body go through the same changes?

Is this the start? the Dysphoria, we feel the beginning?

Are there more people transitioning in the 21st Century? Is the data there that show us more cases than ever for the mental need to transition, or do we have a better understanding to the Dysphoria and the figures reflect what we never new 100, 200 years ago?...
Warm Regards Michelle
  •  

AnneK

Quote from: steph2.0 on April 19, 2019, 08:25:07 PM

I haven't noticed any mood swings.  I did mention it to my endo, when he prescribed my HRT.  He didn't say I shouldn't.  The reason I do it is to try avoiding passing through the liver.

•  

AnneK

QuoteAre there more people transitioning in the 21st Century? Is the data there that show us more cases than ever for the mental need to transition, or do we have a better understanding to the Dysphoria and the figures reflect what we never new 100, 200 years ago?...

I suspect the dysphoria has long been there, but there wasn't much that could be done about it until fairly recently.  I also suspect the recent protocol changes that make it easier to get trans care may be a big factor in so many transitioning.  There is also better communications.  When I was a kid, I'd never heard of transgender.  I just thought there was something wrong with me.  Also, back in those days, they'd have likely tried to "cure" me, if I came out, rather then help transition.

•  

JamesG

Quote from: MichelleVindee on April 22, 2019, 01:41:10 AMThis already happens in the animal kingdom, so could the human body go through the same changes?

Our intelligence/overly complicated brains kind of decouples humans from regular biology and evolutionary processes. We create abstracted and wholly artificial social constructs that get more complicated over time. As technology increases this will get wider and wider. With nanotechnology, genetic engineering, etc. people won't necessarily even look like "people" anymore, much less binary genders, within the next couple of generations.

So yes, I agree I think the transgendered reflect the "leading edge" of this phenomenon where we can say, "I'd like door number three, please."

OT-  I never noticed much difference sublingually or just swallowing. But then I am low-dose, YMMV.
  •  

MichelleVindee

Today marks a month on HRT.
The Latest efforts to keep my weight stable or put weight on are just eat everything in moderation but bigger portions!  ;D
I've lost quite a bit of fat in the face which I hope will come back. It's been so hard to put weight on, really interesting. I wonder if this is the blocker. A question for the Endo.

Areola very tender, nipples seemingly stand to attention most of the time, it just feels like buds, hard and so sore. Everywhere else no changes on curvature or muscle mass. The only areas that is noticeable is the face and chest.

Very therapeutic in writing this down, an electronic diary of sorts...
Warm Regards Michelle
  •  

AnneK

QuoteToday marks a month on HRT.

Yesterday was 3 weeks for me!  I'm starting to feel some changes, though nothing dramatic.

•  

Allie Jayne

Congrats Michelle! I month for me too, but, sadly, the only ting I have noticed (other than feeling great!) has been some increase in my previously very shrunken genitals. I'll be very interested in the result of my blood test next week!

Allie
  •  

MichelleVindee

AnneK, that magic number 21 days, almost makes sense that is you are going to feel any changes that's when it will start, be it physical or mental. As soon as I hit that third Friday I felt tenderness in both Areolas.

Allie Jayne, that's good that you are in a better head space. I wonder because of your ill health in the past, maybe your body is getting some balance back. All good things happen to those that are patient.

Wow what a journey, you couldn't write a script like this!
Warm Regards Michelle
  •  

JanePlain

There might be value in asking to try transdermal Estrogen.  It doesn't hammer the liver at all.  Estrogel, Evemist or the old but reliable skin patches.
  •  

AnneK

Quote from: MichelleVindee on May 12, 2019, 11:05:28 PM
AnneK, that magic number 21 days, almost makes sense that is you are going to feel any changes that's when it will start, be it physical or mental. As soon as I hit that third Friday I felt tenderness in both Areolas.

I haven't noticed any tenderness, but the skin around them seems to be changing.  This is in addition to the breast growth I'm noticing.  The various literature I've read says changes start around 3 months, not weeks.  Still, I'm not complaining.   ;)

•  

AnneK

Quote from: JanePlain on May 13, 2019, 01:06:45 AM
There might be value in asking to try transdermal Estrogen.  It doesn't hammer the liver at all.  Estrogel, Evemist or the old but reliable skin patches.

I'm taking my pills sublingual.  I thought that also bypassed the liver.

•  

MichelleVindee

Quote from: AnneK on May 13, 2019, 09:31:25 AM
I haven't noticed any tenderness, but the skin around them seems to be changing.  This is in addition to the breast growth I'm noticing.  The various literature I've read says changes start around 3 months, not weeks.  Still, I'm not complaining.   ;)

Interesting I have spoken to a few girls at meetings and some have also commented on the quick change in the chest area, once taking E. As individuals I'm sure the changes are going to be very different in all of us.
I am off to see my Dr today so will see if more tests are required at this stage.
Warm Regards Michelle
  •  

Allie Jayne

Well, I was going to tell my Endo I had no changes after 2 months, but today I leaned over a bench and felt something different with my right breast. I felt around it with my hand, and sure enough, swelling. I told my wife and asked her to feel, but she said she didn't need to, she could plainly see it! I have a right breast! I know they usually develop initially one at a time, so I will just wait for left to catch up. Now, I can look down and see the difference! I've had no itch, or tenderness, so I thought nothing was happening. I have noticed a change in taste, smell, and strength, so E works!

I'm on Estradot patches and they are easy to use, and now, seem to be working. I'll get blood results Friday to confirm. Still, the best thing so far has been feeling so good I got over my illness!

Allie
  •  

MichelleVindee

Hi Allie,

Agree with you on taste and smell, I seem to have a better sensitivity in my nose as well as a change in my taste buds, wines a bit strange at the moment ;D.

Yes the breast size is a bit unsettling but I suppose it's a case of play catch up.

I do not understand this feeling very feminine one day then feeling manly the next!

Does not seem consistent, I now Dysphoria has its peaks and troughs but I did not feel this way until the Blockers and Hormone. Starting to really see a change in weight gain so that is  good.
Visited the Endo yesterday and have to get  bloods done as it will be six weeks next Friday, so it will be interesting to see the results when I visit her next.

Big Hugs
Warm Regards Michelle
  •