Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Hiking

Started by MeTony, March 10, 2019, 03:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colleen_definitely

Where was that at Cindy?
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

CindyLouFromCO

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on April 17, 2019, 06:32:06 PM
Where was that at Cindy?
Southern Ozarks.  Goat Trail in North Arkansas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've taken what others have offered, so now I'm giving back.
  •  

barbie

Yesterday I tried to climb a nearby peak (called Olum here), but I gave up after 2 trials. There was no road to the peak from my side. Too dense bushes. I was alone, and only abandoned wild dogs, pheasants and roe deer greeted me. 3 dogs chased me for a while, but eventually disappeared. I heard that those wild dogs sometimes attack and kill livestock.

It took about 4 hours for the about 18 km or 10 mile course.

My Sys blood pressure has dropped from 132 to 114 mmHg after the hiking. It is a good news!

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

CindyLouFromCO

Sounds like a lot fun!  I'm sure you could have done without the dogs though..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've taken what others have offered, so now I'm giving back.
  •  

Alice (nym)

Great to see so many people out hiking!

Don't hate the hate... Start spreading the love.
  •  

notaprofessionaljustapro

MeTony!

Hiking is the way to go! Believe it or not but hiking (not even running) is a really great workout to get your heart rate up consistently, and not smash your joints to the doom.

I live close the smokey mountains Man! I love a good hike! There are actually some Trans specific Hiking groups in Knoxville TN if you are ever interested in good Smokey Mountain hikes.

Even after my military service, I never buy items brand new. People sell Rucksack and Eddie Bauer gear online at such a super low rate.

•