News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Orchi in 2 weeks... what do I expect?

Started by krobinson103, March 11, 2019, 11:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krobinson103

Hello,

Well I got a call today - rather unexpected that I have my orchi coming up in two weeks on March the 26th. They tell me I should take a week off work and no heavy lifting for a month and that there is a chance of some bruising. What else can I expect and is there anything I should prepare for?

Thank you.
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

StacyRenee

As with any surgery, there are risks related to that kind of surgery. I just had my orchiectomy in January. It was done with inguinal incisions (radical orchiectomy) under general anaesthetic. I took 6 weeks off from work (the surgeon made me) as I work in a warehouse doing physical labor.

I'm not sure if you're having simple (scrotal incision) or radical (inguinal incisions), or what kind of anaesthetic. With mine, there was a surprising amount of pain. Sitting up from a lying position was difficult. I had very little bruising and no complications.

The only surprising difficulty I had was sleeping on my back. I was instructed to sleep on my back for two weeks with knees elevated by a pillow. A recliner position if you will. I'm a side sleeper and snore badly if I'm on my back. Two weeks of not getting enough sleep left me napping a lot.

Hematoma, is probably the most common complication. Blood leaks out of blood vessels and pools, forming a large clotted mass. I don't recall who it was, but I read here on Susan's about someone having a grapefruit/softball sized hematoma filling the scrotum. That was my biggest fear.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

GordonG

Quote from: StacyRenee on March 12, 2019, 10:54:21 AM
As with any surgery, there are risks related to that kind of surgery. I just had my orchiectomy in January. It was done with inguinal incisions (radical orchiectomy) under general anaesthetic. I took 6 weeks off from work (the surgeon made me) as I work in a warehouse doing physical labor.

I'm not sure if you're having simple (scrotal incision) or radical (inguinal incisions), or what kind of anaesthetic. With mine, there was a surprising amount of pain. Sitting up from a lying position was difficult. I had very little bruising and no complications.

The only surprising difficulty I had was sleeping on my back. I was instructed to sleep on my back for two weeks with knees elevated by a pillow. A recliner position if you will. I'm a side sleeper and snore badly if I'm on my back. Two weeks of not getting enough sleep left me napping a lot.

Hematoma, is probably the most common complication. Blood leaks out of blood vessels and pools, forming a large clotted mass. I don't recall who it was, but I read here on Susan's about someone having a grapefruit/softball sized hematoma filling the scrotum. That was my biggest fear.

Interesting.  I had none of these restrictions nor problems. But then I had a simple orchi with incisions in the scrotum.  It was done on a Friday late afternoon and I was back at work Tuesday.  I took only one prescribed pain pill. About 4 days using OTC tylenol.
I'm a gender confused guy who lives an hour north of Seattle.
I believe that I was influenced by DES. I have crossdressed in public a handful of times, see avatar picture (enhanced with FaceApp).
I don't plan on transitioning, no GRS, FFS, nor BA.
I consider myself TransFeminine. But reserve the right to change my mind at any time.  ;D

Spironolactone; 7-16-2018
E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

Devlyn

I documented my whole orchiectomy for everyone using the site, and may be the person with the hematoma mentioned above. Pictures of the swelling and bruising are included.

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,224375.0.html

Congratulations and keep us posted!

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

krobinson103

Quote from: StacyRenee on March 12, 2019, 10:54:21 AM

Hope they do it radically as I have a need for the rest of tissue for srs in 2 years or so. Yes, there will be some shrinkage but its not penile inversion so that won't matter so the surgeons tell me. Judging by what they said it sounds like a general anesthetic so I imagine that alone will take the wind from my sails for a day or two.
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: krobinson103 on March 12, 2019, 12:48:14 PM
Hope they do it radically as I have a need for the rest of tissue for srs in 2 years or so. Yes, there will be some shrinkage but its not penile inversion so that won't matter so the surgeons tell me. Judging by what they said it sounds like a general anesthetic so I imagine that alone will take the wind from my sails for a day or two.

There is no donor tissue removed during an orchiectomy.
  •