Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Does GenderGP prescribe stronger dosages? MTF

Started by EmmaYui, March 17, 2019, 01:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmmaYui

Hi so I started HRT 9 days ago today with genderGP  ^-^ and I was wondering if the prescribe stronger dosages? Right now and im wondering if you get prescribed stronger hormones. I've read online that GenderGP are reluctant to prescribe anything stronger than patches.

Is anyone else on a stronger dosage with GenderGP?

*No Dosages Pease*
  •  

V M

That is between you and your doctor  ;)

Please review rule #8 of the Terms of Service

Quote8. The discussion of hormone replacement therapy(HRT) and it's medications are permitted, with the following limitations:
A. You may not advocate for or against a specific medication or combinations of medication for personal gain. This is strictly prohibited.
B. You may not discuss the means to acquire HRT medications without a prescription. The discussion of self medication without a doctor's supervision is prohibited.
C. The posting of recommended, or actual dosages, is strongly discouraged to prevent information obtained on this site from being used to self medicate.

We cannot in good conscience condone the self administering of these medications. Not only may self medication be illegal, but HRT medications can cause serious health problems, and many have the potential for life-threatening side effects that can only be detected and prevented with proper medical supervision.

Thank you

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Casady

I also receive a similar prescription from GenderGP and with patches my oestradiol levels have been very satisfactory, if anything a little high at my last blood test. Mine and others' blood test results from over the past year can be seen in a comparison thread that Pamela maintains.
You may prefer other methods of taking oestrogen, but are they stronger? I'd suggest giving it a few months and seeing what your first blood test results are like (and of course what effects you experience during that period).
  •  

Megan.

It is usual for both the NHS and GenderGP to slowly raise your levels, typically at 3 month intervals, using regular blood tests to ensure your levels do not go too high,  too low, or that you have an adverse event.

It's hard, but be patient. The aim is to mimic a cis-female puberty, where the levels also size gradually, it is generally considered the best and safest way to get the most feminisation.

X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•