Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Hiding the beard when letting it grow for hair removal?

Started by alyssalove2790, March 21, 2019, 05:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alyssalove2790

Is there any way to hide the beard when having to grow it prior to an hair removal appointment? I'm finding it harder and harder to endure dysphoria with the emotions I'm feeling now... a lot stronger than it used to be... It took everything to contain the flood of emotions coming with dysphoria at work yesterday. ..  :-\ :'(

I'm thinking of going out with a scarf on my face to the appointment, no matter how ridicule it might be... Better than going out with that beard showing...
2018/**/** Coming out
2019/01/15 Begun HRT! Low dose Cypro and E.
2019/03/04 Full time woman!
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: alyssalove2790 on March 21, 2019, 05:03:18 PM
Is there any way to hide the beard when having to grow it prior to an hair removal appointment? I'm finding it harder and harder to endure dysphoria with the emotions I'm feeling now... a lot stronger than it used to be... It took everything to contain the flood of emotions coming with dysphoria at work yesterday. ..  :-\ :'(

I'm thinking of going out with a scarf on my face to the appointment, no matter how ridicule it might be... Better than going out with that beard showing...

A scarf is the only way I know. Thankfully I wrapped up mine in the winter.
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Hi, I used a heavy foundation "cover up" creme over the worst of it (derma blend or similar), when having to grow it out prior to treatment, then I would park just before the appointment, and use a make up wipe to clean it off and apply the emla creme (lidocane).

I agree it's very triggering for GD. I endured treatments for like 6 years (300 + hours in the chair).

Hugs and hang in there dear....

C -
  •  

Dani

A few years ago, whenever I had to go out in public a day or two before electrolysis, I dressed in an androgynous manner. Here in Florida, shorts and a T-shirt are almost universal dress for everyone.

Most often I  just stayed home and did not plan anything that took me out of the house.
  •  

LizK

Pick an area to be worked on and shave the rest of your face or neck...use heavy makeup on the area where you need to grow out and don't forget to use colour corrector(orange) to cover the shadow. This certainly helped me..
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: LizK on March 22, 2019, 07:23:52 AM
Pick an area to be worked on and shave the rest of your face or neck...use heavy makeup on the area where you need to grow out and don't forget to use colour corrector(orange) to cover the shadow. This certainly helped me..

That's what I did Liz, limit your visual exposure to only the area in treatment, the rest can go.

Good add to this thread !

Hugs

C -
  •  

alyssalove2790

I'll look for the heavy foundation creme! Thanks for the suggestion!!

Thankfully it was raining the day of my appointment so I brought an umbrella placing it so people couldn't see my face.  :P

My beard is mostly invisible from a range but shows when close... blonde beard with some itty bitty red pigments.
2018/**/** Coming out
2019/01/15 Begun HRT! Low dose Cypro and E.
2019/03/04 Full time woman!
  •  

LexiDreamer

The worst part for me has been having to let it grow out the day or two before my appointment and still go to work. It helps that my hair is quite light, but I still just end up putting the makeup on heavy those two days.
The day of my appointment I don't put anything on that part of my face because I don't want makeup interfering with the electrolysis.
My electrologist does up to 8 hours at a time, so I don't have frequent appointments. I can get my face cleared and return in 4 weeks.
Next week I get to start genital prep electrolysis... I'm really looking forward to that!  >:-)
*** Any suggestions I make should never be used as a substitute for licensed medical advice ***
*** All of my personal pharmaceutical experiences I share, have been explicitly supervised by a licenced medical professional ***
  •