Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

First electrolysis session

Started by randim, April 02, 2019, 05:02:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

randim

Went under the needle for the first time yesterday.  I had grown my hair for 3 days around the corners of my mouth and lower lip and had shaved elsewhere.  I am 65, with a pretty wiry beard.  The pain wasn't bad, but I am a little concerned about the after effects.  She treated the area with some type of lotion afterwards but there is some redness in the area today about 12 hours later, most in the form of some little red spots.  It's not terrible but if you look close you can see something isn't right. Is this normal?  Should I have done more to treat it afterwards?  I had hoped the procedure would be largely invisible outside of growing the beard out for sessions. Is it possible I should look for a different person?
  •  

LizK

Quote from: randim on April 02, 2019, 05:02:47 AM
Went under the needle for the first time yesterday.  I had grown my hair for 3 days around the corners of my mouth and lower lip and had shaved elsewhere.  I am 65, with a pretty wiry beard.  The pain wasn't bad, but I am a little concerned about the after effects.  She treated the area with some type of lotion afterwards but there is some redness in the area today about 12 hours later, most in the form of some little red spots.  It's not terrible but if you look close you can see something isn't right. Is this normal?  Should I have done more to treat it afterwards?  I had hoped the procedure would be largely invisible outside of growing the beard out for sessions. Is it possible I should look for a different person?

Sounds like you have some irritated follicles. I would treat the area with aloe vera after each laser or Electrolysis session. My lady would also apply an ice roller to the treated area. It was rare for any redness to last more than 24 hrs. I would expect it will go down over the next 12 hrs or so. Glad you made ot through okay it can be quite a challenging area as its probably one of the most sensitive.

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Yes that is quite normal. Are you using thermolysis or electrolysis or both(blended). Calmbalm is a zinc ointment and designed for electrolysis. It is white like zinc sunscreen

A mosquito bite effect is also typical.

On the thicker deep rooted whiskers numbness may present for a couple.of days afterwards.

Thats what I found, Kirsten.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

Haley Conner

Aloe Vera taken from an aloe vera plant, not a jar is an antiseptic, a barrier, a moisturizer, and probably better than any commercial product for healing burns and otherwise damaged skin.  You just cut off a leaf, scoop out the slimy stuff and apply it.
  •  

CindyLouFromCO

I've had a few different Electrolysis.  The best one I had gave me carmex and ice when I left.  I would apply the carmex and ice the area.  Adding alovera when I got home.  I would do this for days afterwards.  Always keeping the area moist.  My skin is sensitive, cuts bruises and red marks tend to stay with me for a while.
I've taken what others have offered, so now I'm giving back.
  •  

KathyLauren

My red spots last about 36 hours.  My electrocutioner puts Polysporin and aloe on my skin right after the session, and, if we are doing the area around my mouth, has me ice it on the way home.

I try not to use makeup for 24 hours after a session, but I sometimes cut that short a bit depending on the audience.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Dani

Witch Hazel is another soothing lotion for use afterwards.

I like to put a dab of 1% Hydrocortisone cream on the treated areas of my face afterwards. The redness is gone in about 4 hours.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Dani on April 02, 2019, 08:31:36 PM

I like to put a dab of 1% Hydrocortisone cream on the treated areas of my face afterwards. The redness is gone in about 4 hours.
I do the same, actually the lady doing the electrolysis is doing this before I get up from the bed there.  I do it again in the evening, and if required one more application in the morning.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

randim

Alas, I have developed a bunch of scabs.  That may be my fault.  I didn't do proper post-procedure care and I foolish exercised the day afterwards (which got the blood pumping and filling up where the follicles were ), but for whatever reason I just look like some kind of pox patient right now.  I think I am just screwed for several days at least.  I know you're not supposed to pick them or anything.  I have to say it doesn't give me much confidence in the operator though.
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: randim on April 03, 2019, 06:18:38 AM
Alas, I have developed a bunch of scabs.  That may be my fault.  I didn't do proper post-procedure care and I foolish exercised the day afterwards (which got the blood pumping and filling up where the follicles were ), but for whatever reason I just look like some kind of pox patient right now.  I think I am just screwed for several days at least.  I know you're not supposed to pick them or anything.  I have to say it doesn't give me much confidence in the operator though.
That is not uncommon
Check again after 7 days since session. Should be virtually healed. Be careful of sun exposure

I have had this, Kirsten

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

randim

Thanks Kirsten, That is very reassuring.   I clearly was far too cavalier with this.  Harsh lesson learned.  I have to say though, with every pluck I liked the thought of the hair leaving my body permanently. 
  •