Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Google Workers Protest Conservative Thinker On AI Board

Started by AnneK, April 03, 2019, 05:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnneK

QuoteOn Monday, a group of anonymous Google employees published an open letter, demanding the tech giant pull the appointment of Kay Cole James, the president of the Heritage Foundation, from an AI advisory board, over her alleged anti-trans, anti-gay views.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/367540/google-workers-protest-conservative-thinker-on-ai-board?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=whatsnewnow&utm_medium=title[/url

PC Mag
By
Michael Kan
April 1, 2019 5:32PM EST
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

Ann W

I agree with Joanna Bryson. Silencing points of view that disagree with ours is stupid.
  •  

AnonyMs

Some views need to be silenced, otherwise ours will. It's known as the Paradox of Tolerance.

The paradox of tolerance states that if a society is tolerant without limit, its ability to be tolerant is eventually seized or destroyed by the intolerant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance

•  

Haley Conner

The mission of the Heritage Foundation is to silence and undermine the voices and rights of the LGBT community, so imo, they do not deserve to be heard.  I always say, a persons liberty extends only as far as it encroaches on the liberty of another.  The heritage foundation wants to move that line for LGBTs.
  •  

Michelle_P

Google's AI work includes stuff for personnel decisions, HR support, and some experimental work on medical diagnostics.

I am not entirely sure I want a representative of the Heritage Foundation having any input for this sort of work.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •