Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Curious question

Started by Gamergirl, April 07, 2019, 02:03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamergirl

After my tracheal shave a few years ago I lost the upper range of what little high voice I had.  It just came out as an air sound post-op.  From then on, my voice would suddenly work at about mid-range if I were to start from high to low, or low to high.

I was hoping VFS would help get this back. Can anyone explain what happened ?  Is it a permanent loss of range?

•  

Dena

You're still only a couple of months post op so you probably still have a good deal of swelling. The swelling makes your vocal cords more massive and make it more difficult for them to vibrate at a higher frequency. It can take nearly a year before you see the final results.

As you went to Dr Haben, if the tracheal shave was an issue, CTA would have been offered along with the standard cord shorting. I am not sure if you received CTA but if you didn't, it's probably just a matter of waiting for the final results.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Gamergirl

I know I should wait, but I get afraid of possibilities. Your always there to reassure me Dena..   Thanks.
  •