Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

New to this so bear with me: help looking for surgeons

Started by zoee0000, April 07, 2019, 01:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoee0000

hello, i'm brand new at this so i hope i'm in the right place for this~ i just dropped in to maybe get help finding a surgeon (both for GRS and FFS).. my family says for them to help me with this the surgeon must either be in texas (preferably), colorado, or california (though they'd like to avoid this state) and i also need to make sure they accept united healthcare insurance.. i've been searching far and wide but honestly it's just very confusing and seems like a bit of a daunting task gathering all sorts of information especially when it's not in one central place i can go through... something else i'm hoping to find is a surgeon that does 'intra-operative' hair cauterization as to avoid having to go through prior hair removal which to me sounds almost impossible to have to go through... i couldn't hardly get through a few hours of electrolysis on my lip let alone anywhere else... anyway if anybody has any recommendations that fit well or loosely fit well it would be greatly appreciated!! also suggestions as to other places i can go to ask these sorts of questions or get answers is appreciated, thank you so much!! <3 <3 <3
  •  

Dena

Welcome to Susan's Place. I am moving your thread to the Gender Correction Surgery section of the site where you will receive more responses. You will find the FFS section located here. I am not sure about surgeons located in Texas however I know there is surgical care located there. I also know that Dr Bowers is located in California and Dr Meltzer is located in Arizona.

Hair removal is difficult however there are numbing creams and for some, nerve blocks which can help with the discomfort. You might want to look at Hair Removal to see how others deal with the pain.

Things that you should read

Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

V M

Hi Zoee000  :icon_wave:

Welcome to Susan's Place  :)  Glad to have you here, join on in the fun

How about stopping by our Introductions Forum and introducing yourself so more folks can get to know you a bit better  ;)

Hugs

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Dr. Crane in Austin does SRS and FFS.  He did my FFS and I am happy with the results.  He's also a really nice person with a pretty great staff.  His website says that they have successfully worked with United Healthcare so he would be worth a look.

Dr. Raphael in Plano did my SRS but I have no idea if they accept United or not and as of last year they stopped accepting insurance covered FFS patients due to having issues with payment.  (which is why I went to Dr. Crane for FFS)  My results were quite good and I really like Dr. Raphael as well.  Last I heard they were still doing SRS with insurance patients.

As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

DawnOday

The best thing that happened to me when I came out was that Gender Odyssey occurred in Seattle a few months after coming out. At the time I thought I was alone in this world and that I was somehow "flawed". The reality was that there were 1700 attendees and this was my first foray into dressing in public. Quite an eye opener. For the first time I felt connected to my true self. Gender Odyssey is coming this year to San Diego. If you could make it, I would suggest making arrangements to be there. This is a great learning experience and a place to consult with GRS surgeons like Dr. Marci Bowers, and Toby Meltzer along with numerous FFS plastic surgeons. It may be well worth your time, money and effort to go.
http://www.genderodyssey.org/
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•