Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

13 days post op - Maurice Garcia in Beverly Hills

Started by jjordynn, April 09, 2019, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjordynn

Hi all!

I've been on and off this site for a couple years. Near two weeks ago, after a 10 month long wait from initial consultation, I have finally had genital correct surgery. Figured I would write here, and let everyone know that recovery is a roller coaster, like WOW.

Seven and a half days in the hospital was quite a lot. Ended up developing a horrific 'sweat/heat rash', since my body doesn't do well on pain medication. I sweat like a pig. I was sweating so much, my room was put to 50 degree's, lol! Can I just say that the process of bowel movements was also just awful. I ended up throwing up profusely in bed from the stress of trying to poop. *laughing crying* Packing was such an odd feeling, and the nurses were laughing when I was joking around and making funky noises as the blood drains and catheter came out. My toes and upper butt were numb, and still sorta numb fro the length of time I was on the operating room table.

Maurice Garcia and his staff have been incredible. The way he carries himself, talks about his work, and his body language when handling stuff is impressive. He's very confident, and might I add just incredibly respectful. I thought him asking permission to touch my knee after cutting up my dick was hilarious. I'm like "Maurice you just mangled my dick for 9 hours and created a masterpiece and you're asking permission to rub my knee cap? LOL".

I just had my first follow up appointment, and him and his team are very impressed. My vagina is a next-to-cisgender copy, and at only 13 days post op, I'm just blown away at how great it looks. My mother and my sister has been such a contributing factor to my recovery currently and until completion. Even they are very impressed. My mother is blown away. I'm on my second dilator for the first time today, and it went right in with little resistance. The largest dilator still scares me. That thing is a mamba, I swear.

I do have one question for whomever may read this, but i am going through lube like it doesn't exist. A tube a week it seems since I'm dilating so often at the moment. What is the best water based lube for dilating? I will continue to purchase surgical lube until then, but it just seems so much more convenient to go to a drug store and pick up some normal lube.. I'm ignorant on this lube topic, as I've never really needed to use lube with anal, but when needed always preferred silicone based.

TIA! Much love, xoxox
Breaking transgender barriers one day at a time.  :icon_chick:

Instagram.com/iamjustjordyn or @iamjustjordyn

Snapchat: uguesseditt
  •  

Maid Marion

Congratulations on getting through all that!  Great to hear that you are pleased with the results.  Even better to hear that you have the support of your mom and sister!

Marion
  •  

tawnisofia

Congrats Jordyn,

Amazingly happy to see this.

Tawni
  •  

Sojourn

Maybe a little late, but congrats! I was originally going to go with Garcia, but his previous assistant screwed up my scheduling. I was kind of angry, but now I'm going to a different surgeon who will using the peritoneal technique.
  •