Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

asked out on date/dodged a bullet

Started by Maddie, April 13, 2019, 12:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maddie

I have been presenting as female in my clothes nearly fulltime for a while, but haven't made real strides with transitioning. So, I don't really pass, but I'm kind of pretty and can fool 'em sometimes ;)

I joke, but I do take the implications of this seriously.

One of my male neighbors surprised me a while back, and asked me on a movie date.  I wasn't dressed sexy, but was wearing a skirt and makeup at the time, and Im not sure what he thought I was.

I froze. Didn't know what to say at the time. Later I regretted not being friendlier. He seemed lonely, but a solid guy. He was older, and I liked him.

The man (will call him Dan) had a dog, and we continued to always say hi when out on walks. The way our apt building is laid out, our porches were the only ones in view of each other, and we shared the wall between our bedrooms.

But when I knocked on his door one day to talk to him about it, Dan freaked out and scared me away.
He was a marine and a Vietnam combat vet, with stress issues related to that I believe, and I wanted to immediately get out of his way.

We still continued to say hello, and my cat and his dog were porch buddies.

A few weeks back, Dan killed his dog and stabbed himself in the neck 3 times. He's gone now. Pretty sure I couldn't have helped him, but he did reach out to me. I fantasized about making him dinner and picking up his apt.  It is possible that he would have harmed me too.

Not to center their tragedy on myself at all, but men and women seem to come into my life when they are feeling, and doing, bad things.

I feel bad for him, and worse for his poor dog.
Crossdressed as small child. Told parents, then hid it.
1980s-2010s Alternately "out" to varying degrees and/or outright denial and man-faking
2015 Surrendered/allowed my she-self to show more outwardly. Changes begin.
Currently working with counselor. No HRT or surgeries yet.
  •  

HappyMoni

Quote from: Maddie on April 13, 2019, 12:03:33 PM
I have been presenting as female in my clothes nearly fulltime for a while, but haven't made real strides with transitioning. So, I don't really pass, but I'm kind of pretty and can fool 'em sometimes ;)

One of my male neighbors surprised me a while back, and asked me on a movie date.  I wasn't dressed sexy, but was wearing a skirt and makeup at the time, and Im not sure what he thought I was.

I froze. Didn't know what to say at the time. Later I regretted not being friendlier. He seemed lonely, but a solid guy. He was older, and I liked him.

The man (will call him Dan) had a dog, and we continued to always say hi when out on walks. The way our apt building is laid out, our porches were the only ones in view of each other, and we shared the wall between our bedrooms.

But when I knocked on his door one day to talk to him about it, Dan freaked out and scared me away.
He was a marine and a Vietnam combat vet, with stress issues related to that, and I wanted to immediately get out of his way.

A few weeks back, Dan killed his dog and stabbed himself in the neck 3 times. He's gone now. Pretty sure I couldn't have helped him, but he did reach out to me. I fantasized about making him dinner and picking up his apt.  It is possible that he would have harmed me too.

Not to center their tragedy on myself at all, but men and women seem to come into my life when they are feeling, and doing, bad things.

Wow Maddie that's terrible. Glad you are okay. We never know what demons people have.
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Maddie

Thanks Moni. I guess we don't.
Not sure why I'm posting things, just getting stuff off my chest.  He was the first man to ask me out while I was presenting as female.
Crossdressed as small child. Told parents, then hid it.
1980s-2010s Alternately "out" to varying degrees and/or outright denial and man-faking
2015 Surrendered/allowed my she-self to show more outwardly. Changes begin.
Currently working with counselor. No HRT or surgeries yet.
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Its OK to post to take the pressure off.  Sometimes we just need to talk.  Hugs.
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

DebbySoufflage

Maddie,

what happened is awful but it's not your fault.
Post traumatic stress can do strange things with a person.
I'm glad you are okay.

It's not your responsibility to save the world. You are in transition, which is already hard enough.
Be gentle to yourself :-)

Luv,
Debby
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Maddie on April 13, 2019, 12:03:33 PM

He was a marine and a Vietnam combat vet, with stress issues related to that I believe, and I wanted to immediately get out of his way.

Omg! That is so sad. If this guy wanted to kill himself then fine, go ahead. But not the dog! People just make me sick!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

MaryT

Quote from: Julia1996 on May 02, 2019, 12:48:57 PM
Omg! That is so sad. If this guy wanted to kill himself then fine, go ahead. But not the dog! People just make me sick!

I know what you mean about the dog.  Even in horror movies, my advice to the directors would be "never, ever, kill the dog or it changes from horror to horrible".  Most of the movie Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy was lost on me because I was in total shock between the dog being thrown off a bridge and the happy ending of the movie.

Even so, although I agree that Maddie dodged a bullet, I feel deeply sorry for the man as well.  He is very mentally ill and is not to blame for what he did to the dog or to himself.
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: MaryT on May 02, 2019, 07:46:41 PM
I know what you mean about the dog.  Even in horror movies, my advice to the directors would be "never, ever, kill the dog or it changes from horror to horrible".  Most of the movie Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy was lost on me because I was in total shock between the dog being thrown off a bridge and the happy ending of the movie.

Even so, although I agree that Maddie dodged a bullet, I feel deeply sorry for the man as well.  He is very mentally ill and is not to blame for what he did to the dog or to himself.

Yes, if I am watching a movie and a dog gets killed I won't watch anymore of it. Kill all the teenage campers you want, but don't mess with the dog!!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •