Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The Things I Can't Tell Her

Started by SaraJason, April 14, 2019, 11:55:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaraJason

These last three weeks have been interesting, a little scary, intense, intimate...

[a little background: She and I were friends for years, became friends with benefits, and over the last few years have evolved into.... Well, the other day we agreed that "lovers" was a pretty good label. We get together about once a week, more when our crazy schedules allow.]

About a month ago, she "joked" that she had considered putting on a dress before I came over. My response was something to the effect of "you do you". I'd always known she had a thing for women's clothing, and honestly, I found the idea hot. I spent the next week excitedly wondering "will she or won't she?" She did not disappoint.

She left the door unlocked for me. She was dancing around in this cute little black dress, makeup, and nail polish that I recognized as her favorite shade of pink. She was a sight to behold, but what really grabbed me was how happy she seemed, how much more relaxed than usual. Initially, she was anxious about how I might react, but my reaction took even me by surprise, and we had an amazing evening.

Later that week, she sent a selfie from work, makeup, women's shirt, HUGE smile. And a nametag.

What do you when you love them, but don't like their chosen name? I wish that were the worst of things I'm afraid to tell her.

The worst, actually, is how I feel like a clumsy >-bleeped-<. I'm afraid that she'll think I'm fetishizing or objectifying her. I do realize that sounds a little rediculous, considering our relationship was pretty much based on sex in the first place, but I can't shake it. I'm pretty good at following her lead (and she, mine), and we've really not found much in the way of sexual incompatibility, even in the last three weeks. So why do I feel like >-bleeped-< for being just as attracted and turned on by her as ever??? (ok, maybe a little more, I mean, my gods, she's so much more confident and comfortable in her own skin!)

She's been leaning on me a bit for clothing advice, though she's actually more versed in fashion than I am. I'm afraid of making her look like a fool.

I'm only a little afraid of losing her. Truly, I just want her to be happy and free, whether she keeps me around or not.

I'm terrified for her. Even in our liberal enclave, I know the hatred, the descrimination that exists out there. I worry about getting the phone call that some violent >-bleeped-< has put her in the hospital, or worse.

For her part, it's pretty obvious she loves me, and trusts me more than most. She's shown me such appreciation for.... Whatever it is I've been doing these last few weeks.

I promise I'm not totally clueless, from growing up with an awesome transgender neighbour to my many LGBTQ+ friends over the years, to my own struggles with my gender identity and sexual orientation. But this is the first intimate relationship I've been with someone so early in transition.

And I feel like an >-bleeped-<, because it really shouldn't be all that different than with any other friend, right?
  •  

SaraJason

After posting the above, I've spent some time browsing and reading and already feel so much better about the things I was even afraid to mention here because I hate being perceived as insensitive.

A major thing is how many of you perceive both the male and the female. She says she's identifies as nonbinary (at least, she really hesitates to use "trans"). I've always seen glimpses of her, but now I still see glimpses of him. My words are clumsy, y'all are much more articulate than me.

Many posts here express the nurturing and protective instincts you have felt since your partner came out. I am so afraid that that part of myself will be perceived offensively.

I want to thank you all for helping me feel a little more normal.
  •  

AllazandraTelsar

I'll share this about my own relationship because it might help. My wife has been nothing but supportive since I came out to her as being transgender. While I haven't started transitioning, I can say that any interest she shows, from helping me pick out something to wear to even jokes that she immediately apologizes for are all encouragements to me. Down the road if/when I do transition, I can say that any desire she would show for me wouldn't feel like objectification. It would feel like she was embracing the real me and developing deeper intimacy.

Blessings,
Alla
  •  

F_P_M

Ultimately I think we all want our partners to find us sexy don't we?

I don't think it's objectification so much as finding the real her super hot. I mean, happiness and confidence when someone finds their true self IS hot!

I admit, I went "d'aaw" when I read a lot of this.

You sound like a lovely pair and I hope you continue to grow as a couple.

I'll tell ya, when my husband goes "okay that's hot" when I put on some menswear I feel a flutter of JOY and reassurance that he'll still find me attractive in my true form.
Which is a big concern when you're transitioning. "Will they still find my sexually attractive?"
I still fret about it.
  •