News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Alternative to EMLA on eBay?

Started by Asakawa, April 19, 2019, 03:18:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asakawa

Hi all

I've heard a lot about EMLA and it's Canadian alternative but I noticed on eBay there is an 8% lidocane alternative. My electrologist says that she doesn't use EMLA instead she uses an 8% compounded cream with prescription. Interestingly the eBay option says it's 8% too. Electrologist says EMLA is only 5% and that her compounded is better because of 8%. Price is$50 for 30 grams but eBay is $10 for 10 grams so what should I do? Can the eBay stuff even be trusted?
  •  

AnonyMs

If you get it compounded you can get a lot stronger than that.
  •  

Quinn

if I had to guess its not really 8% or if it even what you think your buying , I believe you would need to get a prescription for a concentration that high.
Always use caution, you have no idea who really is selling that or what's in it. If it was a legitimate pharmacy they would not be selling on ebay in my opinion
  •  

Asakawa

so then it would be better to settle for the cream from my electrologist? I was wondering if the ebay stuff would be safe to use but I guess there is a risk that it could have something off in it. Since it is going to go on my face I don't think it will be a good idea.
  •