Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Accommodations For Dr Zukowski @ Extended Stay America

Started by Em21, April 19, 2019, 07:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Em21

Has anyone stay at Extended Stay America in Skokie, Il after having surgery with Dr Zukowski? What was your experience? I'm researching hotels/motels for post op recovery and would like to know if this is a decent place. It's only 2.1 mile drive or 1.8 mile walk from Dr Zukowski's surgery center.
  •  

Danni98

No but I have stayed at the Baymont it was decent but about 8-9am you could hear the people above you walking around. I'm staying at the motel 6 next to it next month for my pre surgical exam. If I remember right he said it was ok. But he really pushes the Staybridge, which I have booked for my surgery. They include breakfast and dinner some nights. rooms look nice and you get a good discount for the long stay.
  •  

Dena

There is one other thing to consider. When I had my voice surgery, it appears there was a special arrangement between either the hospital or the doctor and the hotel. I knew the room would normally cost a good deal more than what I paid for it so somehow there was a repeat customer discount in play. Because the room was paid for with my deposit, I didn't actually pay the hotel but I was aware of the part of my payment that went to the hotel.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Em21

Thank you ladies. Cole sent me a list of hotels/motels that Dr Zukowski recommends and I've decided on Extended Stay America. It's a short taxi ride ($) to The Zukowski Center and it's within walking distance if need be. I want to be as close as possible since I can't afford after-care nurses.
  •  

Danni98

Ya I think Dr.z has a deal with the Staybridge. I just booked online cause I got a good price. But he kept telling me to ask them about the Dr. Zukowski rate.
  •  

Breeze 57

I stayed at the Staybridge Suites (2600 Lehigh Ave, Glenview, IL) when I had my FFS in November 2018 and I was well satisfied.  I paid $99 a night.  I am also staying there again this coming July when I get hair transplants and am paying $115 a night (summer rates).  This is Dr. Z's preferred place, the staff is great, and there will most likely be other patients of his booked there you can talk with (if everyone is up to it).  Book the care-giver for 3 full days too.  It's expensive I know, but you will need this.  You cannot do this alone and will need help.  I kept the care-giver for an additional 1.5 days because I needed it.  There is a very good breakfast everyday.  Don't worry about transportation, Dr. Z will provide you with the name of a very good limo service (Nadia).  It sounds fancy, but it is not overly priced, is very dependable, very accepting, and private.  The caregiver will give you a ride back to the hotel after the FFS.  This is an expensive procedure, don't scrimp on the small stuff.  I feel you are in very good hands with Dr. Z.  He really knows his stuff and will make the changes you need.  He's very down to earth and sometimes comes across a little gruff, but he's really a teddy bear who is dedicated to his patients.  The first 3-4 days are a little rough, but you will get through it, and be sooo happy.
  •  

Breeze 57

Oh, by the way, my avatar is a pre-op picture.  In fact it's the pre-op picture I took for Dr. Z which he will want.  I really need to get another one taken.  Not this week though.  Just had electrolysis Monday and not feeling very pretty yet.
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Quote from: Breeze 57 on April 25, 2019, 10:55:50 AM
I stayed at the Staybridge Suites (2600 Lehigh Ave, Glenview, IL) when I had my FFS in November 2018 and I was well satisfied. 

That was one of my go-to hotels when I was doing my traveling job and fixing things at the pharma companies in the area.  It's definitely worth a look.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Danni98

Had my 1 month pre-op meeting and 15 hours of electrolysis last weekend.  Just thought I'd add a review of the Glenview motel 6. It was clean and pretty nice but no microwave or fridge, the rooms were tiny and smelled funny.
  •