Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Discharge other TMI

Started by TheRitz, April 22, 2019, 02:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRitz

Hi, recently had surgery and was curious about discharging.  I am a month and ~3 days post op and have this yellowish color maybe brownish almost discharge. Pic of pad (httpx://imgur.com/a/zMekETx)||Replace x with s, in place so people who are squigged out dont accidentally click.  It is none sexual and free of nudity, just a pad.

My question or problem is, the scent of my neo vagina when I am sitting on the toilet which most likely spreads the lips apart is kind of funky foul.  I am not sure if anyone can detect this when I am wearing clothes since I cannot but the scent on the pad even after a bit is really foul smelling.  I cant say it smells like feces or anything like that, but its a bit more advanced then rotting fish.  It smells like a very dirty vagina (which may possibly be the case since cleaning down there is more challenging), though I do rinse it with water every time I can.  Sometimes multiple times in one day.

I don't douche or do anything crazy, was kind of told to leave it alone in those regards. When I dilate it doesnt leave any brown residue, and while I havnt sniffed the dilator(irked out I guess but can do it later), there has been no feces type of residue.  When I fart it doesnt feel like its coming out of my vagina, though once in a while it feels like i'll get a small air bubble deep inside.  That said i've never queefed even after dilating.  Or if I had it was very low in sound or unnoticeable in power.  My pee is a bit wild, as is everyone's and seems to deposit between my legs between my anus and vagina which always creates a smell of its own.

I have a UTI atm, I got it before flying home and I think it came back due to not being on antibiotics for enough time (a day and a half after I finished my 3-4 day supply it started to itch back)

In terms of using the restroom i've visited the whole slew of symptoms from diarrhea to constipation.  Though right now at home its a mix of regular/constipation. 

Anyway, my biggest fear is a small vaginal fistula.(tldr)  Although I think I am also just being overly nervous about it, I have a doctors appt setup next month so I don't want to waste money I don't have on something that may be nothing since i'm not experiencing any extreme side effects at the moment.  But still wouldn't mind some non-medical advice from those of you whove dealt with maybe even the same fear and was either negative or positive.

A bit more on the info side;  Surgery went fine.  I did not deal with post surgical constipation still I was off antibacterials.  No revisions were made, except for cauterizing a single wound on the return visit.  I went to Chett.
  •  

Sarah.VanDistel

Hi there!

I am myself 1 month and 2 days post-op (Dr. Phillippe Houtmeyers in Belgium). I too did notice a slight discharge on the pad, but mostly a couple of hours after dilatation, which I've ascribed to a mix of lubricating gel, iodopovidone and possibly some natural mucus (I underwent a peritoneal pull-through); it's whitish or sometimes yellowish, not foul-smelling, though... It has more of a healthy "acidic" smell, reminding of of Lactacyd (a feminine hygiene product which coincidentally contains lactic acid). During my last visit to dr. Houtmeyers, about 10 days ago, I already had it and he told me it was normal at this phase of healing; he told me that when I'm fully healed, the neo-vagina is supposed to remain naturally moist but it shouldn't produce enough discharge to make me use a pad... Fingers crossed!

Anyways, since my very first dilatation, my surgeon told me to do a vaginal and vulvar wash using a gynecologic solution of Iso-Betadine (iodopovidone) before and after dilating (which I am now doing 3× per day), as well as after defecating; I use a vaginal applicator. It's annoying and somewhat more time-consuming, but I've been respecting his instructions. I hope next visit he'll allow me to stop with it.

In your case, the fact that the discharge is foul-smelling might suggest a bacterial overgrowth in the vagina. I wouldn't worry too much about a fistula - you don't really have symptoms suggestive of this. The sensation you describe with some farts can be because gas gets squeezed between the buttocks to the front in place of to the rear; that can cause a bit of a tickle on the lower part of the vulva, a structure which is still very sensitive.

Anyways, I would certainly ask for an advice from your surgeon. Maybe you can send him a pic of your pad and ask if you have to be seen before the date already planned?

Wish you the best,

Sarah

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

•  

TheRitz

Oomph, my pad is always dirty.  Which I am told is normal but some people talk about having mostly clean pads.  My pad gets and a bit foul smelling shortly after showering and not only after dilation.  It doesnt seem to  escape my pad, tho eventually my panties start to become a bit stank if I put them to my nose. 

Could bacterial overgrowth cause excess discharge?  I'll send another question to my surgeon but since they are a  world apart its a bit difficult. The doctor i'll be seeing here is my GP.

I don't have any troublesome symptoms but obv leaving home and doing things outside if I need is a bit worrisome. As if I am going to smell bad or something.  The bothers me alot.  It also doesnt hurt that I leak a bit after I pee (which was a constant post removal of bag) and sometimes I think I leak a bit in between (which is probably more related to my UTI and my urethra being strained which I am just waiting till monday to get antibiotics from an urgent care)
  •  

Mendi

I also had yellowish discharge which lasted around 2 months post-op. After that it was gone. I was told by the surgeon, that it´s normal and expected.

I did get an antiobiotics just in case after 2 months. That was mainly, because the doctor back at home wasn´t quite sure how to treat me  ;D
  •  

Marcie237

If you don't opt for Sarah.VanDistel's wash above(which might be a good idea), at least get a hand-held bidet (ebay $10) and use it after every visit to the loo. #1 or 2. I wipe, bidet, pat dry, and done.

As to the sometimes bubble, put the dilator in more slowly - especially if things are tight - you certainly can trap air in there.  If you had a fistula (I had one briefly after Stanford)(there will be no doubt you have one when you pass gas) it will heal completely closed very quickly - a couple weeks max for me.

As to the UTI - I strongly recommend you get some strips - I use Siemens Multistix 10SG ($20 on ebay)(my gyn uses these) and keep track of your leukocytes. You can google for the meaning of each. Because I have/had chronic UTI that the medical model can't fix, I am working with a ND naturopath and monitor my urine Ph with Hydrion 5.5-8.0(ebay)  - I pee into a cup/refrig dish a couple times a day to test Ph and/or everything and look for cloudiness, also smell. (I also take/do things per the ND, but you would have to contact Herb Healers to get that info(free)(Cathryn), if you want that type of solution.)(mostly Becks protocol and Lugol's)

Knowing ones body is a very good thing!!! Every woman should!

If you can message or email your doc, do so - the local hospital I go to has a messaging system and my urologist gave me his email (use wisely!).
No pain, no pain. - I suggest gentle and persistent. (GCS 1975)
  •  

TheRitz

That UTI analyzer looks like something i'd invest in.  Thanks for the tip there~ at least for the time being given the smell though.  Asides from dealing with the UTI, I am also probably dealing with some funky bacteria that is just smelling worst with every day.  At least when I think a bit more rationally and less frantically as if its the end of the world level events.

I'll probably just need to visit the doc a bit earlier then I anticipated.  The stank is getting strong enough for me to smell when I push against the seams of my underwear to take a look at the pad.  Woe is life. 

That said thanks for the messages, hearing anything helps. I always knew SRS would not be an easy experience, but I never knew the lack of understanding during the healing process could potentially be so... vexing?
  •  

Marcie237

I think a lot of the lack of understanding has nothing to do with srs, but with the genital area in general - the medical model just can't think beyond antibiotics and few other things.
No pain, no pain. - I suggest gentle and persistent. (GCS 1975)
  •  

Denise

I used a pad until 4.5 months post.

My Dr suggested a 50:50 white vinegar douche weekly or if needed 2x per week to reduce the odor.  It works like a charm.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •