Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Eyebrow electrolysis?

Started by Lunarite, April 23, 2019, 01:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunarite

Is it feasible to get eyebrows tidied using electro? I wouldn't want to go crazy; I'm aware that there are less permanent solutions for actual styling and so on, and that fashions do change. However, I am unfortunate enough to have fairly bushy eyebrows, which are hardly to my liking, and have been commented on.
Obviously, there are plenty of cis women with this problem too, but most of them aren't going to be spending much time thinking about whether they pass as female. It's not just about being pretty*, but every cue helps.

It also seems I have long eyebrow hairs, which feels like half the problem, which electro can't solve. But maybe if the area was smaller, it wouldn't look as bad? Is eyebrow trimming something almost all women do and I'm just oblivious?

*Though that wouldn't harm!
  •  

Casady

My electrologist has tidied up the top line of mine and she says she does it also on cis women and men. Regarding trimming, basically comb upwards and trim hairs that stand up above top of eyebrows if that makes sense. This should result in them being quite a lot less bushy!
  •  

Anne Blake

Eyebrow electrolysis is quite common. I know several girls that get it done, myself included. It stings a might but my electrologist does a few each session and it is going well.
  •  

Dena

Mine have never been plucked as I had them shaped with electrolysis from day one. It's a great time saver however I have one issue. One of my eyebrows has a scar where hair doesn't grow so when I wear makeup I need to shape it with brow powder. The shaping had to somewhat work around the scar but nobody has ever commented about it.

I think everybody who receives electrolysis should consider this as it sure makes life simpler.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Linde

I had my eyebrows microbladed, and use a trimmer by Philips that has an eyebrow attachment to keep the hair short enough.  But the real determination for the looks of my eyebrows is the microbalding that was done to them.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

KathyLauren

My electrologist suggested doing my eyebrows.  She has worked on them in a couple of sessions.  It is not especially painful if you use Emla, and the results were good.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Quinn

When I started electrologist for my face my technician also specializes in shaping and electro on brows. I have having her do that also during my sessions for face. Im about 97% complete now on my face and my brows are right there also.
They look great and it makes my feel so much more confidant. No more bushy out of control wizard brows for me.

What she did to start was trim and shape them just a little bit at a time until I liked where there were at, at that point she started electro on anything that was outside the design.

I actually wanted to go a little smaller still but she said no until I get FFS since the brows will be raised and will change the shape a little, can always go smaller afterwards.

Have them shaped first they will grow back it if you don't like 
  •  

Lunarite

I'll have a word as I reach the point where facial hair doesn't take up a full session, which feels close now. But it's felt close for quite some time! I'm impatient - I'm going way slower than most, and have been advised I can't go much faster, but ugh.

I've now also read a fair amount about eyebrow grooming. Like so many men, my awareness of the many things women do to maintain their appearance is rather low. There are so many things I don't know I don't know! Seriously, a 'woman-ing for dummies' book would be great.
I'm not going to be able to be so laissez-faire in the future, I know. I don't envisage my future self as very femme at all*, but I'll have to put some effort in to help with the female cues, in addition to the fact that standards placed on female appearance are higher, even for 'minimum acceptable'
Might well find myself somewhere that does eyebrow shaping so I can at least see how it's meant to be done before I give it a go myself. I don't fancy messing it up!

*And yet, I don't suppose I can be sure until I get there. I don't do much to look good now because my appearance is sufficiently far from what I want that it can't be helped. I suppose it's quite possible that if and when I start to actually like my appearance, I might like the idea of being pretty, but I can't think about that now.
  •