Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Laser session length

Started by Lucca, April 24, 2019, 05:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucca

How long do laser sessions for full facial hair removal usually last? I just went to my first one, and was surprised that it only took about two minutes. I thought it was more like fifteen.
  •  

GingerVicki

I do not know exactly how long mine was, but they were really quick. Just make sure they cover the entire area and do not rush through.

My face and neck under 5 minutes.
  •  

Lucca

This place was recommended to me by my doctor who is experienced with trans patients, so I'm assuming they're good. I was just very surprised.
  •  

zirconia

The clinic I went to took about an hour total each session. The first ten minutes or so was preparation (charting the territory, questions regarding how things went after previous session, etc.) The actual treatment took—I think—about half an hour, as the technician covered  the full facial area evenly, spot by spot. She then did a few test spots to help determine the power for the next treatment, and placed ice packs on the treated area for about 15 minutes to prevent inflammation.
  •  

Kate.claire

Also depends on the size of the head they are using, I've done most of my body at this point,  but started with face and neck 3 or 4 years ago. Feels like they've done those areas in no more than 15 minutes total laser time, if that. 2 minutes might be a little short, but it can go pretty fast if you don't slow them down. Might have been faster if I wasn't so chatty. I can say that in my case, laser was very successful, I have just a few random dark hairs now, just the pesky white ones left behind, which are bound for electrolysis when I get Kaiser to sign me up.

They did the sides and neck very quickly with the large laser head, then switched to a smaller ball sized head with gel to go over the upper lip and chin.  Fun!
Kate Carter

"I'm on outside, I'm on the outside now"

•