Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

MTF Surgical Consults

Started by Kelly H, April 26, 2019, 04:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelly H

Greetings y'all
Last week I had a consult with Dr. Sidhbh Gallagher in Indianapolis.  Next week I'm visiting Dr. Cecile Unger in Cleveland.  Since I live in Nashville and there are no options close by - anyone willing to share experiences with either of these surgeons?? 

...still One of a Kind
             Designed by God

•  

KristySims

What procedures are you getting consultations for?  You are looking in my neck of the woods ;) Indy is 2 hours away and Cleveland 4.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

•  

Kelly H

Quote from: KristySimsx on May 06, 2019, 01:58:44 PM
What procedures are you getting consultations for?  You are looking in my neck of the woods ;) Indy is 2 hours away and Cleveland 4.

Hi Kristy
Vaginoplasty and breast augmentation... I'm finding some surgeons will do both at the same time and others will not.  Dr. Ferrando (formerly Unger) will because she does the vaginoplasty and another surgeon does the breast augmentation. 

Dr. Gallagher will do both at the same time but only with zero depth surgery.  She performs both so I imagine its because the penile inversion takes so much longer and in order to ensure a good outcome she doesn't want to over do it. That's the story I'm telling myself anyway. hehe...  She also mentioned recovery from both was a lot and I can't disagree based on what friends have gone through.

I really liked both surgeons. The process of insurance approval is pretty intense and each had their own thoughts about what was needed in advance, although the Cleveland Clinic has stricter requirements.  Both have good staff in place to ensure everything is covered. 

Now I wait for approvals and schedule opportunities... then I'll decide who I'm going with.

...still One of a Kind
             Designed by God

•  

KristySims

I'm in a similar boat, in that I would like to knock out as many things at once that I can. And your assumptions on time limitations are spot on....  there is a limit that a Dr and Anesthesiologist feel comfortable having you on the operating table. You also don't want to rush them.  I have only had FFS and Voice consults, although I did have a "mini consult" with Dr. Steven Robinson (In Cincinnati) about body Contouring and breast augmentation. I am only marking my 1 year HRT and he suggested that I do my Face and voice first and come see him next year. I don't want to assume everyone knows about this, and forgive me if you already know.... but the RealSelf website is really awesome.  It is community driven and you can research surgeons and people's reviews as well as before/after pictures (You do have to create an account to see any pictures) It has been rather helpful in helping me find qualified, reputable and trusted doctors.  It has also helped me rule some out that I had originally picked to get a consult with.

Good Luck Sister and please keep up updated on your search! :)
XOXO
Kris
  •  

Kelly H

Hey Kris!  I wasn't aware of the RealSelf site. Thanks

Dr. Gallagher's office got back to me yesterday and everything has been submitted to insurance so should have a response in a few weeks.

You are very beautiful by the way...  Best wishes to you on your journey as well!
XOXO

Kelly

...still One of a Kind
             Designed by God

•  

KristySims

Quote from: Kelly H on May 08, 2019, 05:31:59 AM
You are very beautiful by the way...  Best wishes to you on your journey as well!
Thanks Kelly and ditto!  ....and that's great news!  I have my fingers crossed for you :) 

I just set up an appointment for another Dr that does body contouring about an hour away in Columbus.  They seem to be recommending implants for hips and butt as opposed to fat transfer, so I want to know more :)  nothing more than browsing my options at the moment.
  •