Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

HRT Patches

Started by MarieLouise1982, April 26, 2019, 06:12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarieLouise1982

I've noticed that when I remove one patch on my upper thigh I'm left with lots of little bruises and spots , after about 3-4 days they have gone. But then it's time to put another patch on that side and I get the same on the opposite leg. Is this normal ?

Thanks

Marie x
  •  

Casady

Could it be an allergic reaction to the adhesive? Is there anything about it in the little booklet that comes in the pack? I sometimes see a few small red spots when I remove a patch, but they don't last that long and are certainly gone by the time I have to re-apply a patch to the same side.
  •  

Linde

You have a skin sensitivity to the adhesives used in the patches.  Stop using them (I did a report about this in this forum), your might not be allergic yet, but this could lead to an allergy to all kinds of skin adhesives. (I worked in the lab that invented this stuff).
Ask your doc to prescribe a different version of estrogen application!  You should not see any skin reaction to a patch if your skin is compatible with them.  Any reaction is a non desired condition!

I switched to pills that I take sublingual.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

MySaures

off topic about the allergic reaction to the adhesive, i think i became sensitive to it after HRT.

i noticed 2 years after HRT i became sensitive to it.

i tried patches with in a few minutes to hours it starts to get red and puff

i placed a bandaid on the other day Monday and i pulled it off forgetting what happens as i started to avoid adhesive objects and it was red with little blisters and also the hard pull left a bruise 

here is an image what happen if i allowed to upload https://ibb.co/xhPyvMs

in the past when i pulled a bandaid off it took the skin with it....

since this HRT i cut bruise everything easy. - its a girl thing

guess what i am getting at is im glad to know i am not alone

now i need more info on "could lead to an allergy to all kinds of skin adhesives" would it be a permanent allergie?
  •  

Dani

Quote from: MarieLouise1982 on April 26, 2019, 06:12:09 AM
I've noticed that when I remove one patch on my upper thigh I'm left with lots of little bruises and spots , after about 3-4 days they have gone. But then it's time to put another patch on that side and I get the same on the opposite leg. Is this normal ?

Thanks

Marie x

No, this is not normal.

You should not have any skin reactions to your patch. Different manufacturers use different adhesives. You may be able to use a different brand of patch. This sensitivity needs to be reported to your doctor as all adverse drug reactions need to be reported. Having an adverse reaction to any particular medication is reason enough to justify a more expensive brand of the same medication for health insurance purposes.

My doctor wanted to put me on a patch, but since I  am a scuba diver, this is not practical. I take my Estradiol sublingual. The Estradiol gets absorbed through the skin under the tongue rapidly as long as I  have a moist mouth. This is the same through the skin route as the patches, just in a different area.

The main difference is that sublingual Estradiol has very rapid peaks and falls on your blood levels. Patches are much more steady state blood levels as they continuously release Estradiol as long as they are in contact with the skin and the patch has any remaining Estradiol still in it. For this reason, if you are using sublingual Estradiol, you need to not take your Estradiol on the morning of your blood tests until after you have your blood sample collected by the lab. This way your doctor will see where the low point is on your blood levels, which is what he or she needs to properly dose your Estradiol.

Advocates of patches and injections point out that these two methods give you much more steady blood levels than sublingual. Sublingual advocates counter that if you use sublingual doses two or three times a day, there is no significant difference in feminizing results.

Only you can determine which method is right for you. Today we have many options, but we all agree that bio-identical Estradiol is the drug of choice.  ;D
  •  

Quinn

Before I had knee surgery in 2014 I was in incredible pain, My doctor suggested I start using sports tape to help. Amazingly it did help.
  To start the doctor applied it showing where to place and how, it was a black tape. I kept buying black because that was what was used the first time. The first few weeks there was not issue whatso ever. But after a few weeks I noticed that the skin would be red everywhere the black tape was placed.

Some more time went by probably another month or so and I started itching a little bit and it was red, I seemed to be getting a little more reaction to the tape as time went on. The final straw was when I pulled to tape off the last time and I had deep blisters that were swollen and oozing every where the tape applied. I actually ended up having scabs in the shape of the tape and in some places I actually scarred.

Want back to the doctor and she said she had never had that happen before. Long story short it was discovered that I was allergic the the black dye in the tape. I can was able to use the nude color tape.

So as everyone above has said if you are reacting to it, it can become increasingly worse if you ignore it like me. Talk to your doctor and switch to something else sooner rather than later
  •  

Allie Jayne

Quote from: Dani on May 03, 2019, 05:15:12 AM
My doctor wanted to put me on a patch, but since I  am a scuba diver, this is not practical. I take my Estradiol sublingual. The Estradiol gets absorbed through the skin under the tongue rapidly as long as I  have a moist mouth. This is the same through the skin route as the patches, just in a different area.

I am a regular scuba diver and use Estradot patches with no problems. They stay stuck under my wetsuit, and even while pulling it on and off. I am sensitive to skin adhesives, but so far, the Estradot have been fine.

Allie
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Quinn on May 03, 2019, 05:39:42 AM

So as everyone above has said if you are reacting to it, it can become increasingly worse if you ignore it like me. Talk to your doctor and switch to something else sooner rather than later
Your body becomes more and more sensitized to the allergens, and in fact, over time will react to similar allergens, too.  The sooner one removes the exposure to allergens, the better the chances are not to develop allergies to a wide variety of substances.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•