Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

GRS and your kids

Started by AlexUABC, April 27, 2019, 06:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexUABC

Even though you already knew that you were transitioning, how did your children take the news that you would receive the sex reassignment surgery?
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Hi, my kids took the news pretty well overall,  their mature adults now, I think they understand that it's my body, my domain, my life. I was in touch with close family members from the hospital recovering. I think being post op has improved things here with us in our all female household...

C -

•  

Jessica_Rose

I have two adult daughters. One is 24 and has been out on her own for a few years, the other is 21 and a senior in college. I have a good relationship with both of them. I wanted to tell them both at the same time, so I did it via email. Neither of them had any questions, they both seemed to have expected it would happen one day. The daughter in college has visited since my surgery, and she was her usual self. She didn't ask me anything about it. So far it has been a non-event for both of them.
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Megan.

My children are 7 and 5. They know that 'daddy' (they still call me that) is currently a little bit of both girl and boy. The doctor gave me medicine (hrt) to make me look more like a girl, and that soon I will be having some surgery to make my bottom area like a girls too.
I give them plenty of opportunities to ask me questions about it. I'm curious if they will see me as a girl after, or they will still see me as both, I'd accept either without issue.

I had a tummy tuck previously, so they seem comfortable with the idea of surgery broadly, and that I will take some time to heal after.

Megan. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Denise

My kids are in their late 20s and they had no reaction.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

JillianC

Mine are 10 and 12 and ignored the grs part. Their problem was with my recovery and the lack of visitation with me. They also had general surgery worries like pain and whether I would be safe or not.
  •  

Rachel

My daughter is 21 and I had GCS when she was 18, 3.5 years ago. I was still married at the time. I received no calls in the hospital. On day 3 when I was out of ICU I texted my then wife I was ok. I think the reply was thank you for the text. Our daughter never texted me. My ex-wife and daughter moved a year after our divorce and 1.5 years after I had GCS.

Our daughter will be graduating college in June and I am not invited to see her graduate and I paid about $120,000 toward her college expenses.

I love my ex and daughter and understand they have their life and I have mine.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •