Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Worrying about longterm HRT availability in the future

Started by DebbySoufflage, April 29, 2019, 02:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DebbySoufflage

Been on HRT for quite a few years already but sometimes worry that HRT will no longer be available in 10-20 years from now.

Stem cell technology is developing. So once it's possible to give menopausal women and post-op trans women lab grown ovaries, where will the rest of us source our HRT from? Those of us who are non-op. Will we still have the option of getting HRT supplies at our local pharmacies? Will it's access be severely restricted?
Will it be affordable still?

Things that I find myself seriously worrying about on a daily basis.

Where will I get my meds from in X years from now.

I hate being dependent on external medication.
  •  

Charlie Nicki

I know you say your non-op, is an orchiectomy out of the table for you as well? Having that surgery alleviates this feeling a lot. One of the main reasons I had it done.
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Maid Marion

It is likely that most of the world won't be able to afford the new technology, so the older meds will still be available as long as someone can profit from making and selling them.
  •  

Kate.claire

For sure what Maid Marion said. I wouldn't spend too much time worrying on this one,  there are hrt supply issues today that are probably a more pressing concern.  Even if and when we can master stem cell tech and the cascade of developmental signaling at the level of generating functional ovaries that gain FDA approval, there will still be plenty of cases where simply taking hrt is a much lower risk proposition than undergoing surgery for a variety of conditions and so it would likely remain a very viable methodology in healthcare. 
Kate Carter

"I'm on outside, I'm on the outside now"

•