Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Faith's Progress 2.0

Started by Faith, April 29, 2019, 05:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steph2.0

You look a little sheepish in that last picture. Cute sheep, though!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Jessica on May 07, 2019, 09:30:59 AM
Your new phone takes wonderful pictures.....the third one I absolutely love

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on May 07, 2019, 09:39:36 AM
@Faith   cc: @Jessica
Dear Faith:
The comment reply from Jess is exactly correct...
...your new phone takes wonderful pictures...
BUT it is the person in the photos (YOU) that looks "more" wonderful.

You look beautiful in the pictures, and that last photo is definitely a keeper!!!  Lots of FUN! ;)
Hugs,
Danielle

Quote from: steph2.0 on May 07, 2019, 10:00:40 AM
You look a little sheepish in that last picture. Cute sheep, though!

Stephanie

I had all kinds of self-deprecating text written up in reply. I erased them. I need to learn to smile gracefully and say thanks

Well, the thanks are heart-felt at least, I've never been very graceful  :-*

... on the other hand .. the third one? really? *sigh*
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

TonyaW

You look really nice Faith. Not generally a fan of the stickers, but they can be fun. I used them once, the evidence floating around the forums somewhere.

Who wants a notarized doctor letter? The state department is very specific about how its written for a passport but I didn't need it notarized.  Always possible that they changed the rules since last year.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Faith

Quote from: TonyaW on May 07, 2019, 11:09:20 AM
... Not generally a fan of the stickers ...
me neither
Who wants a notarized doctor letter? The state department is very specific about how its written for a passport but I didn't need it notarized.  Always possible that they changed the rules since last year.
New York State, to amend my birth certificate. Everything has to be notarized.

ps.
QuoteYou look really nice Faith.
thank you

•  

Faith

ACK!!!!!

I just got my car tag renewal notice, old name of course. So I look it up to see about changing it. Well, it seems that you have to change it on the title, filling it out as if you sold it, then take it in to the tax collector and pay pay pay. In Florida it has to be done within 30 days of name change. JEEEZZZZ what else am I going to trip over ....

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on May 07, 2019, 03:13:29 PM
ACK!!!!!

I just got my car tag renewal notice, old name of course. So I look it up to see about changing it. Well, it seems that you have to change it on the title, filling it out as if you sold it, then take it in to the tax collector and pay pay pay. In Florida it has to be done within 30 days of name change. JEEEZZZZ what else am I going to trip over ....

First... AVATAR! Lovely!

Second, yup. For me it was three cars and two trailers at $58 a pop. Ugh.

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Faith
Dear Faith:
I can feel and understand your frustrations....   just when you think you have the name changes and gender changes on documents.... low and behold, a new one comes in the mail.

I got most of the government licenses and documents changed fairly quickly, then titles to my car, home and properties took longer, then my official Accounting licenses and my University diplomas and certificates, my bank and investment documents,    and years later there will still be something that pops up....

All those place have their own set of confusing rules before they will do anything,
nd like you stated...  pay, pay, pay.

Hang in there and work on them as they continue to come in.
Thank you for sharing.

HUGS,
Danielle

ACK!!!!!

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Faith

Quote from: steph2.0 on May 07, 2019, 03:18:30 PM
First... AVATAR! Lovely! .....

Thank you Stephanie. It was supposed to be  picture of my earrings. I had just posted to Randi referencing why I don't have a profile photo, then I'm chatting with my daughter-sister-in-law-in-law (heeheeheeheee) who gave them to me and I take this photo. Well, it's actually tolerable (for now). So I uploaded it since it was fresh in my mind. So .. it's all Randi's fault

Danielle, yes. I was all ready for surprises .. just not so soon and with the proviso of 'within 30 days'  :o
the price of being me *sigh*  ...... I'll pay it !!  ;D

•  

Donica

Yup! And so it starts! The ridiculous "Why do I have to do that?" name change "Why can't you just do" of government hoops we must jump through. And it all changes from state to state apparently.

I did have to do the same thing with my auto title to get my name changed. I just went through the Auto Club. They took care of the whole mess for me. It took about a month to get everything changed over and just when you think you've covered everything, something else jumps up and bites you. I still have to visit the FAA to get my name changed on my pilots license.

Steady as she goes Faith!!! And great avatar girl!!!
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

TonyaW

ACK!!!!!

Maybe its worth not having a decent picture on my driver's license.  I haven't gotten replacement titles but the registration automatically switched to my correct name when I got my new license.  Address in their system was already updated due to changing that on the auto registrations and only had to change one and all the others updated.

There is no logic to who requires what in order to fix your name.  All I had to do to change my pharmacist license was email a copy of the order but the NABP,  (National Association of Pharmacy Boards which for me only keeps track of continuing education credits) had a special form that needed to be notarized.  And for work I just changed it my self on the HR website and that filtered out to health insurance etc. 
Magazine subscriptions are fairly easy to change but one that often gets forgotten.

•  

Faith

well, it appears that the online documentation is a bit outdated. Of course, the people there didn't know either. I could update the title(s) by transferring them to myself @ $85 apiece. NAH!!!!! All I have to do is sign my old name if/when I sell them. The system will show the name change when it's titled to the new owner.

When I went in I told the gal that it may already be changed, she was like, "No, I don't think so. We don't do that". Sure enough when she pulled up the record for my '84 Camino from years ago, it had my new name. YAY!

So, all in all not a bad day and I did get the tag registration done and it's in my name.

SS - done
DMV - done
Voter registration - done
Tags/title - done
CC's - done
bank card - done .. AND .. I managed to get one issued to me finally. Lori and I now both have our own cards. It only took 29 years  :o
Work - done
Work insurance - not changed yet, should update soon
Utilities - Mostly Lori's name. I changed mine where appropriate.

still more to go, we're getting there though :)

Complementary granddaughter photos from my new phone in celebration:

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: Faith on May 08, 2019, 11:15:56 AM
well, it appears that the online documentation is a bit outdated. Of course, the people there didn't know either. I could update the title(s) by transferring them to myself @ $85 apiece. NAH!!!!! All I have to do is sign my old name if/when I sell them. The system will show the name change when it's titled to the new owner.

When I went in I told the gal that it may already be changed, she was like, "No, I don't think so. We don't do that". Sure enough when she pulled up the record for my '84 Camino from years ago, it had my new name. YAY!

So, all in all not a bad day and I did get the tag registration done and it's in my name.

SS - done
DMV - done
Voter registration - done
Tags/title - done
CC's - done
bank card - done .. AND .. I managed to get one issued to me finally. Lori and I now both have our own cards. It only took 29 years  :o
Work - done
Work insurance - not changed yet, should update soon
Utilities - Mostly Lori's name. I changed mine where appropriate.

still more to go, we're getting there though :)

Complementary granddaughter photos from my new phone in celebration:
Now that's a good use of the camera stickers.

I hadn't changed anything regarding our house and had to sign all that stuff twice with an f.k.a. when we sold it.

•  

Linde

I had my daily adventure with my new passport.  I first went to the post office, they said they can't process it because my naturalization certificate is not changed.  They told me to go to the court house.  Ok, I went there, and had a very friendly lady helping me with everything.  one problem, the feds wanted the payment ($110) as a money order.  I had to run to the next post office again, buy a money order, and the clerk kept my spot in line free, so I could continue to work with her.  Her supervisor cross checked the paperwork, and I was told that I can expect my new pass port in about 4 weeks.  They did not see any reason for changing my naturalization certificate, and I like this, changing it i more than $600!  Pretty soon I will have a new pass port with my new name and the gender marker F.

As I went back to the car i had a parking ticket for $54 on it.  I had parked in a reserved for official vehicles area, but I have a handicapped sticker hanging from the mirror, and the law allows o to park in those places.  One super meter maid probably does not know the law.  Now I have to fight the city of Fort Myers to get the ticket removed!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Donica

Dietlind! That reminds me. I've never had a passport before but I want to get one now. I need to get started on that.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Faith

rough day today. I want to lie down and curl up somewhere. I came close, I found a corner here at work and sat down in it for a while.  No one could see me except the DJ.

I'm still in the jeans and shirt that I changed into last night. Make-up? What's that? I trimmed my nails short as well, after removing any sign of polish.

Therapy today, I do believe it's the first time that she'll see me when I am not all dolled up. Something she's asked me about. My answer was, "I dress up for me." which seemed to satisfy some other part of the question that I wasn't privy to. Today I didn't dress up and that's for me as well.

I can't even get excited about my 2000th post .. whichever one that was.

•  

Linde

Quote from: Faith on May 10, 2019, 10:06:06 AM
rough day today. I want to lie down and curl up somewhere. I came close, I found a corner here at work and sat down in it for a while.  No one could see me except the DJ.

I'm still in the jeans and shirt that I changed into last night. Make-up? What's that? I trimmed my nails short as well, after removing any sign of polish.

Therapy today, I do believe it's the first time that she'll see me when I am not all dolled up. Something she's asked me about. My answer was, "I dress up for me." which seemed to satisfy some other part of the question that I wasn't privy to. Today I didn't dress up and that's for me as well.

Eva will understand and help you to find the right path.  I would not know what I would have done along the way without her help!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: Faith on May 10, 2019, 10:06:06 AM

Always sorry to hear when you're in a funk.
They do seem to be less frequent.
Hope you get through it soon

•  

Faith

was it only yesterday? feels much longer. 2 days of funk is plenty.

Therapist said, "You're reading too much into it. Did you talk to Lori?" ... yeah, nope
Talked to Lori, "No, I didn't feel that at all"
Why did I feel like crap? Why do I feel like crap? I cannot stand that thought that she looks at me and misses him, I know that she does. *sigh*

As an aside from the funk .. Today was my first day at a public pool. Yes, I wore my swim suit, no it was not a bikini. Lori  forbade me from wearing trunk, something about getting arrested :D Well, I had not considered it for a moment.

The closer we got to the pool, the higher my anxiety got. As I walked to the pool, I had my hands full and clutching a towel around me. I went straight to a table and sat there for 30 mins getting hotter and hotter staring at the pool. Finally I got the nerve to walk to the pool and get in .. where my outfit immediately floated up. Excuse me, I wore a skirt type for a reason. I need weights in the hem!!

As we left the gentleman at the counter wished us both a happy mother's day. Apparently we looked like child, mom, and grandMom. CRAP!! I still look old. Why can't I lose 20 years on estrogen???  Fine, take the good, I was gendered correctly :-/

•  

Faith

Oh, photos, hmm. Ok. One from today and three from Thursday. No Friday, that was 'in a funk, no makeup jeans day"
ps.  I don't like today's, still here it is.

•  

steph2.0

All of those pictures are GREAT, but 3 and 4 are just plain OUTSTANDING!!! I love that mysterious smile!! [emoji3590]

•