News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Faith's Progress 2.0

Started by Faith, April 29, 2019, 05:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on May 17, 2019, 02:25:50 PM
I cheated, I used nail polish strips. They go on like stickers yet they are nail polish. There's a slight learning curve to applying them. I put this set on in 15 mins.

I had these given to me, I can't remember the brand.

I admit that when I don't use plain polish, I've been using press-on nails lately. Wally World sells kits for $5.95 and they look fabulous. The only problem is they're really meant for - if you'll excuse the description - skinny b*tches, and those of us with endocrine imbalances that made our hands big use up the big sizes in the package quickly. Still, they're muchly cheaper than a salon.

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

Quote from: steph2.0 on May 17, 2019, 02:30:36 PM
I admit that when I don't use plain polish, I've been using press-on nails lately. Wally World sells kits for $5.95 and they look fabulous. The only problem is they're really meant for - if you'll excuse the description - skinny b*tches, and those of us with endocrine imbalances that made our hands big use up the big sizes in the package quickly. Still, they're muchly cheaper than a salon.

I don't like the press on nails, at least on me. I do like the polish strips .. no plastic. Plus, if your finger is too fat, the design usually hides it when you apply a 2nd thin strip to it so that it covers (they give you extra). A top coat of clear and done.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on May 17, 2019, 02:33:22 PM
I don't like the press on nails, at least on me. I do like the polish strips .. no plastic. Plus, if your finger is too fat, the design usually hides it when you apply a 2nd thin strip to it so that it covers (they give you extra). A top coat of clear and done.

Nice! Maybe they would help with the problem of my nails being so weak that they bend on the ends and the polish chips off. I'll check it out.

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Emerald24

i cant believe i have read every faith post and now I'm chiming in. I've been lurking for a while. i love doing my nails and love giving nail advice. if your nails are not strong try getting some nail oil to rub in every night and any time you use nail polish remover, if you dont want the ends to chip make sure you wrap the tip with the top coat, by that i mean if you paint a clear top coat of polish on the nail make sure you go over the tip of your nail and under it slightly and it keeps the polish on better as it shrinks a little after it dries so it isn't all the way to the end of the nail and that makes it peel up and chip off easier. you can also buy a silicon nail mat, do nail art on it with polish, then wait for it to be dry to touch but not yet brittle and rigid and you can peel it up, cut it to shape, apply clear polish to your nail and stick it right on like a sticker, clear top coat on top to seal it in. means you can do all the nail polish with your dominant hand, you can also use acrylic paint to do nail designs on your nail as you can use a tooth pick to scratch up any mistakes then use a clear coat of polish to seal in you art. a lot of my nail knowledge comes from a youtuber called simplynailogical, she hasn't done a nail art video in a while but if you look at some of her stuff from 2 years or so ago its really useful

ok I'm off to go lurk again, and Faith, you posted on my first ever post on this site, thankyou so much for giving me your input and point of view when i was so confused and in need of advice i really appreciate it! :)
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Emerald24 on May 17, 2019, 08:16:10 PM
i cant believe i have read every faith post and now I'm chiming in. ....... <snip> ........  ok I'm off to go lurk again, and Faith, you posted on my first ever post on this site, thank you so much for giving me your input and point of view when i was so confused and in need of advice i really appreciate it! :)

:o :o :o

I can't believe that you've read all my posts either .. wow .. that's a daunting task. I don't know how you made it through all that rambling. I hope that after all that effort you got some tidbit of help from it.

there is a lot of more private thoughts that I do not post. If a question arose from all that reading, feel free to send me a PM and ask.

Faith

•  

Emerald24

thankyou faith. when i found out my partner was trans i needed to try to see things from her point of view so i looked for someone's story to read and yours was the first i found. it helped me a lot to figure out how best to support her. :)
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Emerald24 on May 18, 2019, 01:25:39 PM
thankyou faith. when i found out my partner was trans i needed to try to see things from her point of view so i looked for someone's story to read and yours was the first i found. it helped me a lot to figure out how best to support her. :)

I'm so glad someone did. We (assumption there) don't post and share just to get help, it's also so that others in a similar situation can receive it. Not everyone needing help is in a position to login or post.

While it's best to ask your partner what they need or what you can do, it is not always productive for one reason or another. Questions, on the surface, that seem too hurtful to ask them or they've shut you out due to some internal conflict, etc. Feel free to PM me any question. While I can only answer from my perspective or experience, I'm willing to share what I can.

•  

Faith

My mood is suffering. I am still fighting my mental dissonance from having to work on the house. Sure, women are most capable (and a lot do) of tearing up a wood floor and replacing it. For me it shifted my brain into 'him' patterns. Right down to the frustration, cursing, throwing things. I hated every moment of it.

I have done repairs before without having this happen, I don't know what was different this time.

I'm not quite done so ..... I'm at my daughter's house totally ignoring it.

•  

CynthiaAnn

She is capable, she can do it, and she takes hormones that rewire her brain after so long, it's an adjustment.

I find myself with home repair projects having to take a deep breath, as I grab the cordless drill...

Have a nice Sunday  :)

C -
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: Faith on May 19, 2019, 09:29:02 AM
My mood is suffering. I am still fighting my mental dissonance from having to work on the house. Sure, women are most capable (and a lot do) of tearing up a wood floor and replacing it. For me it shifted my brain into 'him' patterns. Right down to the frustration, cursing, throwing things. I hated every moment of it.

I have done repairs before without having this happen, I don't know what was different this time.

I'm not quite done so ..... I'm at my daughter's house totally ignoring it.
Sorry to hear that triggered you.

I didn't feel very feminine doing all the heavy lifting when we moved the kids last year. One thing that helped was I made sure to at least try to dress the part, wore old legging most of the time and always women's cut tshirts.

I know you know that women can do those tasks also. Most of the remodeling TV shows have a woman doing at least some of the work. Do what you need so you know the Faith can do the work. Yeah, that's the hard part.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Faith

Still fighting him day. Even Lori sees the difference in my face. Expressions or something .. I know I'm not feeling right. She mentioned me "being checked out" while at the store and "not in a good way"

Today sux

•  

Maid Marion

Hi Faith,

Sorry to hear that.  Hope you feel better soon.

Marion
  •  

Faith

I went back to lurking for a few days.

Why?

I am hurting
I am depressed
I despair

Only a few in private know why, only one from the forums. It is not something that I will share with the world. I wish I had a better update, I had meant to wait until the air cleared ... it is not likely to.

While I interact minimally as it is, lurking behind a vpn as a guest made it easy to not participate. I thought to stay away altogether yet there are those few stories on here I wish to follow which drags me back even if anonymously. I feel others pain so intensely (Emma1017  :'(  ). It makes me want to say something, share something, yet all I have to offer is more pain.

silence is better

shhhhhhh .. listen close and you can hear the world crying.

•  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: Faith on May 23, 2019, 10:03:35 AM
shhhhhhh .. listen close and you can hear the world crying.

it's so sad because what you say above is true, in the macro sense.

Take care

C -

•  

sarah1972

So sorry to hear about your struggles Faith. We all have such days.

You are a strong woman and I know you will get through this like you have gotten through many other smaller and larger crisis.

One of my friends keeps saying "Time will tell" and to "never give up on your dreams". I know it does sound very cliche but there is still some truth to it.

In any case, here is a big HUG.

Sarah

•  

Faith

Hey y'all

Struggles continue. I really don't know what to do about the ones I'm (not)dealing with. Still, I want my friends here to know that I'm around. I have a couple close friends I correspond with to at least verbalize things.

I shared this photo of me from this morning and figured, since I deleted my other ones, that I'd post it. How long will it be here? No idea.

Take care
Faith

•  

KathyLauren

Sorry that you are still struggling.  But I'm glad I saw the photo.  Your eyes, that mysterious smile: gorgeous!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

TonyaW

Good to see you back

•  

Faith

back, hmm, sort of considering that I never really left. I just buried my head.

I wish that I could say that what's bothering me has subsided and the sun is shining. Well, it's hasn't. The sun is shining, literally, and they are calling for possible record high's. Mid-90's for sure .. ick ...

Still, if you can't face something, can't fix it, distract yourself from it. That's what I've been trying to do. If I sit down to just relax, my brain takes off and it's all over. Clouds roll in.

I did have another PP appointment last Tuesday. I did not fib on the verbal questionnaire, I answered quite honestly. Lori was in the room so she knows exactly how I've been feeling. I also feel like any changes have stalled. It's not like I had anything dramatic in the first place. I was hoping for more significant changes by now. Even emotionally I feel like I've gone backwards a bit AND my arm and leg hair have taken off like someone put miracle-grow on them. It is very disheartening.

It's the first blood test after switching to injections. I asked for a dosage review.

•  

TonyaW

Ok, back posting again.

Body hair may just be the natural growth cycle and the new growth will thin out eventually. You would want to check the testosterone levels to see, especially if you stopped spiro when starting injecting

•