Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Faith's Progress 2.0

Started by Faith, April 29, 2019, 05:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faith

back to self-therapy (after having removed all my photos again). I still take daily selfies as prescribed by my therapist so .....  this is Sarah's fault. If you feel the urge to empty your stomach, blame her.

I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

CynthiaAnn

I like your smile in today's picture Faith  :)

I hope you have a great day

Cynthia -
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Faith on May 29, 2019, 08:57:54 AM
back to self-therapy (after having removed all my photos again). I still take daily selfies as prescribed by my therapist so .....  this is Sarah's fault. If you feel the urge to empty your stomach, blame her.

Hold your head high girl! You are beautiful!

Hugs! Love the lip color too 8)
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

sarah1972

Awww.. what a nice smile! Thanks for sharing...

You look amazing, I love the color of your top...

Hugs,

Sarah

Quote from: Faith on May 29, 2019, 08:57:54 AM

•  

Faith

thank you gals. I am visually distressed (impaired?) as-in ... I don't see it. I'm trusting others on their opinions. I guess I need to accept the several compliments that I received here at work as well  :-\

that reminds me, as I left the building this morning (for my bit of walking exercise) I passed another gal, who told me I was very pretty today (maybe she wasn't awake yet). Anyways, I spoke to her later to find out that her son is FtM, 6 months on T.

I didn't have the nerve to ask her if she spotted me right off or if someone told her. She hasn't been here long enough to know 'pre-me'

•  

sarah1972

Awesome... I had something similar happen in a rural town in Pennsylvania where I was shopping for a dress... I was super nervous and at some point the sales clerk just said to me: give the hormones a bit more time and you will fill out the dress I was trying... she saw the puzzled look on my face and revealed her son is FTM... we talked about about the struggles and I had a great time shopping afterwards.

I just wish she would have been right about my breast size.

My guess is she figured it out in your case...

But still nice of her!

Hugs,

Sarah

Quote from: Faith on May 29, 2019, 11:31:18 AM
thank you gals. I am visually distressed (impaired?) as-in ... I don't see it. I'm trusting others on their opinions. I guess I need to accept the several compliments that I received here at work as well  :-\

that reminds me, as I left the building this morning (for my bit of walking exercise) I passed another gal, who told me I was very pretty today (maybe she wasn't awake yet). Anyways, I spoke to her later to find out that her son is FtM, 6 months on T.

I didn't have the nerve to ask her if she spotted me right off or if someone told her. She hasn't been here long enough to know 'pre-me'

•  

Dena

Quote from: Faith on May 29, 2019, 05:54:26 AM
whether it's standard policy or law, I don't know, they all want the records released at least a week to the Dr first before the patient sees them. It gives the Dr time to review and be informed before the patient barges in demanding explanation.
I use Quest Labs in Arizona and as soon as the test are complete, I can view them. In the past this has worked out well because sometimes my pill pusher hasn't pulled the test results and I provide a copy for her to look over. Other than low alkaline phosphates, my test results are pretty much by the book with the exception of very good cholesterol levels.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Dena on May 29, 2019, 11:04:39 PM
I use Quest Labs in Arizona and as soon as the test are complete, I can view them. In the past this has worked out well because sometimes my pill pusher hasn't pulled the test results and I provide a copy for her to look over.

Same story for me. I get a notice from Quest as much as 5 days before I get a notice through my doctor's portal. With my previous endo I'd shown up for an appointment and been asked why I'm there. I reminded them it was to review lab results and then had to show them to them on my phone. Needless to say, that's one (of many) things that prompted me to switch to my family doctor for HRT.

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

I got home last night from work and my nephew was there to do some work for us. He hadn't seen me since well before transition (i.e. overweight with a beard) ........ he sure did a dbl-take.

Lori will likely hear some kind of feedback from him today, he's not one to talk through a filter.

Nothing much to add. Scary post in the 'fabulous' thread. I'm trying to stay out so that I don't delete the photos.

•  

Faith

Well my nephew is ¿accepting? He said he'd likely always call me by my old name. I gave him my normal response of, "Then I won't answer you, my name is Faith. As long as you try, I'm OK. If you don't try, neither will I." He said it'd be hard, I was like, it gets easier with practice. Then he was like, how about 'Hey'? .. fine :P

Then, as he was getting ready to leave he said, "Good night .. *pause* .. ladies. I guess I have to get used to that. Good night ladies *no pause*". I just smiled at him.

Trying means everything.

rough morning. Pounding sinus headache. I took my obligatory morning selfie ... nope, can't share. My headache is too obvious in the photos making me uglier than normal .. sorry .. look less than well.

•  

Faith

separate post about my current profile photo, which I'll include here for context since, hopefully, it will change some day soon.

There are many days that I feel unwanted, unattractive, undesired, which add up to (amongst other things) feeling worthless. No these are not positive constructive thoughts, as pointed out by a certain concerned (and caring) forum member, yet they can be. Say wha..? Sometimes I use a more negative connotation as a step and goad to improve myself. I have to see where I am in order to push myself to where I need to be. I feel that it's always a good thing, especially on a support form, to let those around you know how you feel in a given moment. How can they lend support, even if only verbally, if they don't know that you're hurting? In my mind, the worst thing that I can do is stay silent, which I am wont to do when things get real bad.

Is that sound thinking, probably not since I was the one who thought them (likely not the first person either) still, they are my thoughts and that's one of the things that we are all here for - sharing our thoughts.

I've been known to 'lash out' or redirect my negative feelings on to others. I end up alienating them and they keep their distance. That distancing hurts them yet mostly it hurts me. I've done it here on the forums. .. I miss those with whom I've do this to yet I can't take it back. Sorry is not a fix-all. That's something that I've tried to teach my children and
now my grandchildren. Saying that you're sorry only expresses your acknowledgement of your error, it does not fix things. Better to not have a reason to say that you're sorry. Yet, we're human, we screw up, then we have to deal with the consequences.

Apologies are a necessary first step in bridging a gap created by you. After that, it's up to them to reach out. So, here it is .... I'm sorry.

Have a glorious day everyone
Faith

•  

Faith

Hey everyone. Sorry to see the lost '¿years?'  I saved a PDF of mine at some point and has the date of my last post in this topic of Feb 27th, 2022.  I have zero idea of when my last actual contribution on any topic was.

outline of me, for those that forgot or never knew me .. you know, in case anyone actually reads this.
March 2024 will be 6 years HRT and also out full time
Legal name with gender marker change, legal birth certificate name/gender change.

Life moves forward. Really, nothing much new to add even after all this time.  Does my first death threat count?  eh. I've been playing in the band for about a year and a half. June 2022, as I recall, was my first show with them after following them for a while. My drummer buddy had been after me for years to play bass in the group, he finally wore me down.

I had to drop Planned Parenthood. I didn't like how they were conducting my care and planned to switch, then Fl passed their "must see a Dr in person" law which made it mandatory since PP was using Nurse Practitioners. I am happy with the new Dr.

Here's a Christmas selfie

Northern Star Girl

@Faith
Dear Faith:

I am thrilled to see that you were able to return to the Forum after
the New Year's Day crash...
.... and you have posted and shared your lovely photo too... a bonus
for your followers such as myself.

Again, it is wonderful to see that you were able to get back on the Forum.

HUGS, Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

davina61

Looking great dear, good to see you again. XXX
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Faith

Maid Marion

Hi Faith,

Great to hear that you were able to find a new doctor that you like!

Marion
  •  

tgirlamg

Welcome back gorgeous sister!!!... Rock On bass girl and be careful with death threats! 😬

Hugs and Lotsa Love!

A 😀💕🌻
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

KathyLauren

Hi, Faith.  Good to see you!  I am glad you are still posting.  I saw your recent band pics which popped up on FB.  Looking good!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Faith

I've entered a huge gray where progress and results may or may not occur. I don't talk about it to friends or family, other than my spouse. Quite simply, it's none of their business.

Last Friday (Feb 2nd) I had my initial consultation for bottom surgery. It went well, promising. A lot can still interfere with proceeding yet I am trying to be optimistic.

My spouse had finally said, "Just get it done already"  :P  Note: not in exasperation, she honestly just wants me to have it done for myself and to quit waffling about it.

Work knows I have a possible surgery coming up with long-term work-from-home considerations. They are onboard. I mean, it really has no direct effect on my work. Right now I drive in to remote into other systems, which I can do quite readily from home.

•  

davina61

There you go dear the stars are aligned , things happen at the right time I find. Good wishes for when you get the go ahead.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Donica

Good to see you back Faith!

Hugs!
Donica
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •