Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Precision Hair Removal VS Electrology 3000

Started by AutumnLeaves, April 30, 2019, 05:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutumnLeaves

I am looking at both and am ready to book for some long, multi-day sessions to remove pretty much all of my remaining body hair. Does anybody have any feedback or recommendations regarding one versus another? Precision Hair Removal seems more "medical" and has the option of doing local anesthetic and IV sedation for genital work along with topical lidocaine for other areas. Electrology 3000 can do the nerve blocks, but they don't do the IV sedation. Precision is considerably more expensive as well, but my main concern is getting as much hair removal as efficiently as possible at once. I live in Oregon, so I will have to travel either way but Chicago is easier to get to. I need to make up my mind ASAP.

Thanks!
  •  

Dani

I know a few people who have had long electrolysis sessions. They all seem satisfied with their results. A few told me that it took a day or two to recover from the electrolysis because their face was red and swollen.

Two areas you should concentrate on first are the face and genitals. These two areas do not seem to respond to hormone therapy while the rest of the body does.

I had pre op genital electrolysis for about 18 hours and my face is now up to 230 hours. No matter where you get the electrolysis done, you will have to do 6 to 10 clearings before it is permanent. Keep in mind that at any one time many hair follicles will be dormant and those follicles must become active before they can be zapped.

No matter where you go or for how long your sessions are, the most important thing is the skill of the operator. If he or she will take the time to get the probe down into the base of the hair follicle for each zap, you will have permanent hair removal.

•  

AutumnLeaves

Quote from: Dani on May 01, 2019, 08:17:29 PM
I know a few people who have had long electrolysis sessions. They all seem satisfied with their results. A few told me that it took a day or two to recover from the electrolysis because their face was red and swollen.

Two areas you should concentrate on first are the face and genitals. These two areas do not seem to respond to hormone therapy while the rest of the body does.

I had pre op genital electrolysis for about 18 hours and my face is now up to 230 hours. No matter where you get the electrolysis done, you will have to do 6 to 10 clearings before it is permanent. Keep in mind that at any one time many hair follicles will be dormant and those follicles must become active before they can be zapped.

No matter where you go or for how long your sessions are, the most important thing is the skill of the operator. If he or she will take the time to get the probe down into the base of the hair follicle for each zap, you will have permanent hair removal.

Thanks so much! I actually had my face done many years ago, but I still have some stragglers on the body hair front and I want to get my legs and under arms done as well.  I am almost 15 years post orchiectomy so hormones are not a problem.  I was just curious if there was a good reason to pick one over the other.  I ended up booking a session in June with Precision Hair Removal.
  •  

LauraE

I do hope more people will respond to this thread. I'm considering both sites and would love to find the best fit.

Laura
When you're ready, start living your truth.
That's when the magic happens.

Laura Full-Time: November 27, 2020

My FFS Journey   | One New Life to Life (my blog)  |  Should I Stay or Should I Go |   My Breast Augmentation

•  

Colleen_definitely

I went to precision and really have no complaints at all.  I wouldn't have minded if the price were lower but they got the job done.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

LauraE

Colleen,

I'm thinking of doing the single-day, 15 hour treatment, mainly because I'm afraid that recovery will take too long. How long were your treatments and how long did it take for your face to recover each time?

Laura
When you're ready, start living your truth.
That's when the magic happens.

Laura Full-Time: November 27, 2020

My FFS Journey   | One New Life to Life (my blog)  |  Should I Stay or Should I Go |   My Breast Augmentation

•  

Colleen_definitely

I did the other end in preparation for srs. That poor thing was severely swollen for a few days but it went down fairly quickly after that.
  •  

Danni98

I just had 15 hours at precision Saturday. it went pretty well they got most of my beard. I didn't feel anything till the last 20-30 minutes and they would simply move to a numb area if i said it hurt. My face is still a little swollen and scabbed over but I think its healing nicely.
  •  

Breeze 57

How much did Precision hair removal charge for a session of pre-SRS electrolysis?  The whole price per session including sedation and lidocaine injections?
  •  

AutumnLeaves

Well, I am booked for Precision in June for two days. I'm post op, but I want my legs/arms/full Brazilian done and will need mega sessions. I ALSO have a consult at E-3000 on Monday as I will be in Dallas anyway,  so I will at least get an idea of the differences and a quote. I will share both of my impressions at some point.
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Quote from: Breeze 57 on May 07, 2019, 05:46:28 PM
How much did Precision hair removal charge for a session of pre-SRS electrolysis?  The whole price per session including sedation and lidocaine injections?

It was over a grand for the first session but it decreased dramatically after that since they charge by the hour and there was less work to do for the other clearing sessions.
  •  

Breeze 57

Did they say how many clearings you will need?
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Generally surgeons ask you to have three done but it depends on the surgeon.
  •  

Danni98

Look at the precision web sight, they have package prices and hourly rates listed.
  •  

Miss Clara

Quote from: AutumnLeaves on April 30, 2019, 05:29:24 PM
I am looking at both and am ready to book for some long, multi-day sessions to remove pretty much all of my remaining body hair. Does anybody have any feedback or recommendations regarding one versus another? Precision Hair Removal seems more "medical" and has the option of doing local anesthetic and IV sedation for genital work along with topical lidocaine for other areas. Electrology 3000 can do the nerve blocks, but they don't do the IV sedation. Precision is considerably more expensive as well, but my main concern is getting as much hair removal as efficiently as possible at once. I live in Oregon, so I will have to travel either way but Chicago is easier to get to. I need to make up my mind ASAP.

Thanks!

I've been a patient at Precision.  The lead electrologist there, Irina, is excellent.  The reason they are able to offer sedation is that the office is co-located with Dr. Zukowski's plastic surgery center.  Dr. Z inserts the IV and administered the sedation drug and the injections of lidocaine/epinephrine which, without the sedation, are quite painful.  The sedation itself wears off quickly, but the local anesthetic lasts several hours. It's also possible to have the treatments done with just topical lidocaine ointment which is strong enough to be effective but much less expensive.  I chose the injections for my first four full face clearings, but from then on just used the topical numbing.  That worked fine for me for sessions lasting 5 hours (have a fairly high pain threshold, and found that I could tolerate the pain better with each successive session).

I gather you are having body hair removed, not facial hair, so except for the genital areas, topical lidocaine should be enough to reduce the pain to a manageable level.

In most cases the type of electrolysis they use is "flash" thermolysis.  It's using RF energy to destroy the follicle.  It's much faster and more economical than the other type which is a combination of galvanic electrolysis and thermolysis (called "blend") which is much slower but unlikely to cause scabbing or scarring.  Precision uses top of line electrolysis machines, so you can be sure of getting the best that today's tech can offer.

Good luck on which ever provider you choose.

•