Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Being stealth and non-op at the same time?

Started by DebbySoufflage, May 01, 2019, 10:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DebbySoufflage

I am non-op but would also like to stealth once I have had my BA and have graduated from uni.

Are there other trans women here who also are stealth and non-op simultaneously?

I will obviously have to come out to my partner at one time, but I prefer to be stealth around colleagues,... once I graduated.

I'm passable but currently open about my trans status. I would like to change that openness because I prefer the treatment I get when people don't know.

Being transgender is not something I'm ashamed of but it's not something that I think is worth to mention every single time either. You know?
  •  

Michelle_P

Sure!

I was effectively 'stealth' to most people for a year, living fulltime as myself without any surgeries from October 2016 to October 2017.  I was 'out' to two groups, a community service club I was president of when I went fulltime, and a church where I have been doing educational work.

In my condo, in restaurants, going to HOA board meetings, clubs, teaching classes, and regular daily activity, I disclosed to nobody, and was almost always treated as the woman I am.  A modest amount of preparation before going out, and some reasonable choices in wardrobe had me quite passable.

I did get 'read' a couple of times, by homeless people with their hyper-awareness of their surroundings.  That is a risk with or without surgery, though.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •