Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Poll: sexual orientation

Started by Bea1968, May 02, 2019, 03:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A question was posted that got quite a bit of responses and that's cool, but I'm a numbers gal.  So, I'm doing a poll of trans women.  Pre-op, post-op, non-op.  What is your preference?

Totally straight
Mostly straight
Totally lesbian
Mostly lesbian
Bisexual
Something else
Asexual
PanSexual
Transmen
Transwomen
Not much into anything
demisexual

Battle Goddess

I don't like to be touched.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Spironolactone January 10
Divigel January 20
Estradiol Valerate March 14
  •  

RileyWolf

I voted "Pansexual" as it really is more about the connection I have with someone rather than their gender or anatomical parts that I am attracted to.  Before coming out as bigender and deciding to transition I mostly described myself as asexual, pan-everything else.  Now I just describe myself as pansexual though I seem to have a predeliction for those of the female persuasion, given I am dating two lovely women right now (giving polyamory a try too!).  Still, I do find quite a few guys to be very easy on the eyes and or downright yummy to think about.
  •  

"Something Else"

There was no poll option for "Aubrey Plaza" and this is tantamount to a veritable crime against humanity.

•  

noleen111

I am mostly a straight woman as I happily married to a man.. but I have some bi tendencies as I have dated women in the past. The person I dated before I met my husband was a woman.
Enjoying ride the hormones are giving me... finally becoming the woman I always knew I was
  •  

Bea1968

Looking at some of the responses I guess I should have added the following choices:

Transmen
Transwomen
Nothing/not interested

I originally considered including the choices of trans men/women but felt at the time that it might not be well received as most seem to like being included in just the catagories of men/ women but at least one response made the distinction and I think it is valid.

What do you Think?
  •  

Shennae

I have always been attracted to women. So I am lesbian. I want a lesbian partner.
  •  

Hey Bea1968.

Did my post above make you feel bad in any way or did you think it was coming from a place of silliness and whimsy?  Be honest; there's no right or wrong answer here, just looking for the truth :)

•  

Colleen_definitely

Obligatory YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

;D
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on May 07, 2019, 02:57:39 PM
Obligatory YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

;D

LoL  Colleen clearly ordered the Code Red~

•  

pamelatransuk

Quote from: Michelle_P on May 05, 2019, 10:49:37 AM
Yup!

Broadly, the trans population seems to break down to about 1/3 hetero, 1/3 same-gender attraction, and 1/3 asexual, as far as one can try to categorize the different possibilities.

Hello again Michelle

Thank you for these statistics. That agrees with what I have read previously and with what I would frankly believe (approximately obviously) from my experience.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

pamelatransuk

Quote from: Bea1968 on May 05, 2019, 10:26:20 PM
I do believe from the feedback that the poll was likely crafted inaccurately     Perhaps another adventurous soul might try to refine the topic and run another poll.  Perhaps list a bunch of genders including asexual and just say check all that apply.

Hello again Bea

Thank you for (with Mariah) updating the poll to include asexual. Perhaps you could ask Mariah please if she can extend the period of the poll such that I (and perhaps others if they wish) may amend their vote.

At present I am unable to amend my vote to "asexual".

Thank you to both you and Mariah for this interesting worthwhile poll.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

Mariah

Somehow the option to allow changing vote got unchecked again. I have corrected the issue. You should have no issue changing your vote now. The period of time doesn't expire and this poll has no expiration of any kind. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: pamelatransuk on May 08, 2019, 03:37:44 AM
Hello again Bea

Thank you for (with Mariah) updating the poll to include asexual. Perhaps you could ask Mariah please if she can extend the period of the poll such that I (and perhaps others if they wish) may amend their vote.

At present I am unable to amend my vote to "asexual".

Thank you to both you and Mariah for this interesting worthwhile poll.

Hugs

Pamela
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Bea1968

Mariah, any way we can amend the poll to a "select All that apply" kinda of poll?
  •  

Mariah

Sure can.
Quote from: Bea1968 on May 08, 2019, 10:53:54 AM
Mariah, any way we can amend the poll to a "select All that apply" kinda of poll?
  •  

Mariah

Those wanting to add more votes will have to remove their previous vote and then pick those that apply. Hugs
Mariah
  •  

Mariah

Nothing/ not interest is Asexual. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: Bea1968 on May 07, 2019, 11:38:13 AM
Looking at some of the responses I guess I should have added the following choices:

Transmen
Transwomen
Nothing/not interested

I originally considered including the choices of trans men/women but felt at the time that it might not be well received as most seem to like being included in just the catagories of men/ women but at least one response made the distinction and I think it is valid.

What do you Think?
  •  

Bea1968

•  

Bea1968

Maybe I'm a bit of a geek but I thought I learned in biology class that asexual reproduction is like what worms use.  They possess sex organs of both genders and reproduce with any worm.  Unless the use of the term has evolved a bit with regards to people, I wouldn't describe indiscriminate sex as being equal to no sex or no urge. Anyone help set me straight here?
  •  

Devlyn

a·sex·u·al
adjective
without sexual feelings or associations.
"asexual individuals may still experience attraction but this attraction doesn't need to be realized in any sexual manner"
BIOLOGY
(of reproduction) not involving the fusion of gametes.
"each polyp is capable of budding new polyps though asexual reproduction in spring"
noun
a person who has no sexual feelings or desires.
  •  

Bea1968, I'm not just trolling here... can you answer my question above please?  Honestly, just a simple yes or no will suffice.  Thank you in advance :)
____

Also, if you want to relate to what it's like to be asexual, think of how much it turns you on sexually to look at wallpaper.

Now take that same level of sexual urge and just pretend human beings offer that same level of sexual urge as the wallpaper.  That's what it's like to be asexual.

(disclaimer, I'm not asexual myself... I quite enjoy sex actually... but that's how I can try to relate to what it's like)

•