Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

hey y'all Lupron Depot - leuprolide acetate for M2F Adults?

Started by MySaures, May 03, 2019, 03:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MySaures

hey y'all

wanted to know if leuprolide acetate/Lupron Depot NOt Lupron Depot-PED is good use for Male to Female.

i sent a MSG to my DR asking they reply back "not recommended"?

i google and google only find Lupron Depot-PED info for youth nothing about Lupron Depot for Adults.

so has any of you been on this and did you start using it after age 26?

i am 31 started at 26 and i am tried of Sprio and wanna try something new something better.
  •  

LizK

Hi MySaures

Welcome to Susan's. I hope you enjoy your time here.

I am not familiar with the medication you are asking about and would certainly encourage you to seek another professional opinion if you are not happy with your Dr's answer.

Please feel free to head over to our Introduction forum and tell us a little bit about yourself

So you are able to get the very best from being here there are a couple of links we give to all our new members

Regards

Liz

Things that you should read

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Dani

Lupron is a gonadotropin releasing hormone antagonist. I works on the pituitary gland. There are many other hormones regulated by the pituitary gland. Just take a look at the side effects listed for this drug. If you think  that Spironolactone has side effects, you ain't seen nothing yet.

The cost is another concern. Unless you have good health insurance, get ready for the shock of your life.

On the plus side of things, yes it will reduce your testosterone production, but there are many other ways of doing this. If you are committed to full transition and you are having problems with T-blockers, consider having an orchiectomey.
  •  

MikeP

Just recently I saw a urologist who works with transgender patients about the in and outs of a orchiectomy and he was ready to give me a lupron injection that day.   It is what they use to control prostate cancer.  He felt it is the closest to having them removed and with less negative effects of Spiro.   I have been on Spiro and also estrogen under my primary doctors direction trying to figure out what is best for me. 

My biggest issue has been fatigue.   

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

If you say you can or cant do something you are correct! Henry Ford
  •  

Megan.

In the UK the NHS now uses GNRH blockers as a matter of course. I use Decapeptyl personally, and know others that use Lupron. They are safe with minimal side effects.

These drugs are VERY effective, my T is in the low female range, they give you a non-surgical orchiectomy, but on the downside,  your can't fine tune like you can with something like Spiro, you're T is On or Off, no in between.

X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

MySaures

UPDATE.... saw the DR today asked him if he got my messages through the online patient portal, he told me he did looked into it through the UCLA something and said "SPRIO" is the best you will get here in The States its highly Recommended & that  Lupron Depot is not really going to do much and that Sprio does more for Feminization that Lupron is what you would get if you google it and whats it for... " Prostate cancer" & "  endometriosis, fibroids".

so from what i can till nothing i say is going to make a deference in anything seems like they just go to a eportal on there network and find whats available then to do hard research.

also asked about SRS and they just did a COPY and PASTE form the WPATH.... thing...

i really wish CA-US had better Dr's to visit near me... in the (559)
  •  

Megan.

I'm not a doctor, so this is only based on my reading, but I really can't understand why Spiro would be any better than a gnrh blocker. They both prevent T from reaching receptors just via different pathways.
Sprio is available in the US though, and far far cheaper.
In the UK the NHS used to use Cyproterone Acetate, but they moved to gnrh drugs a few years ago.
These gnrh drugs are used for several things including prostate issues, and precocious puberty. It's what's given to juvenile trans people to pause their puberty. It's use in the UK for trans women is off-label.
Regardless, good luck with everything! X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk
  •