Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Itching

Started by Dani Rae, May 03, 2019, 09:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dani Rae

So, it's been just about 5 months since I had my vaginoplasty done. A couple days ago I noticed some mild burning around my vaginal opening after dilating. It went away pretty quickly, and I thought it was just from the skin stretching. Like maybe I was just noticing it now as nerves were reconnecting.

Last night it lasted for like 20 minutes after and there was also more of an itch. I realized I hadn't douched in a while, so I did so this morning. It didn't really help. It wasn't constant today, but I noticed it after I used the bathroom or moved a lot. It seems to just be around my vaginal opening and less than an inch internally. I just dilated a little bit ago, which really set it off. It's really uncomfortable, and I can't get in touch with my doctor until Monday. So, I would appreciate any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

•  

Linde

Quote from: Dani Rae on May 03, 2019, 09:07:02 PM
So, it's been just about 5 months since I had my vaginoplasty done. A couple days ago I noticed some mild burning around my vaginal opening after dilating. It went away pretty quickly, and I thought it was just from the skin stretching. Like maybe I was just noticing it now as nerves were reconnecting.

Last night it lasted for like 20 minutes after and there was also more of an itch. I realized I hadn't douched in a while, so I did so this morning. It didn't really help. It wasn't constant today, but I noticed it after I used the bathroom or moved a lot. It seems to just be around my vaginal opening and less than an inch internally. I just dilated a little bit ago, which really set it off. It's really uncomfortable, and I can't get in touch with my doctor until Monday. So, I would appreciate any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions.

You could have some kind of yeast infection?  You might want to see a doctor for this (ER) if it does not go away.  If you allow it to spread, it can become unpleasant.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Dani Rae

I'm going to see how it is tomorrow. If it's as bad as it is now, I'll go to an urgent care clinic. I guess I was kinda hoping for a different answer, as I'm dreading going to a regular clinic. I just get really anxious seeing doctors that don't regularly work qith trans folks.

•  

Linde

Quote from: Dani Rae on May 03, 2019, 09:55:39 PM
I'm going to see how it is tomorrow. If it's as bad as it is now, I'll go to an urgent care clinic. I guess I was kinda hoping for a different answer, as I'm dreading going to a regular clinic. I just get really anxious seeing doctors that don't regularly work qith trans folks.

A yeast infection is a yeast infection, no matter on a trans woman or a cis woman.  The treatment will be the same for either.
Doctors mostly don't really make a difference between us trans people and cis people.  We are patients fror them who have a problem!

•  

Dani Rae

Quote from: Dietlind on May 03, 2019, 10:01:23 PM
Doctors mostly don't really make a difference between us trans people and cis people.  We are patients fror them who have a problem!

That's in theory. In reality, about a third of trans folks have negative experiences with healthcare providers each year. Doctors are human. Even well-meaning ones can't necessarily put professionalism ahead of their biases, beliefs, and preconceptions. So while I do not think every doctor is terrible, I know there is a decent chance of having a bad experience.

•  

Linde

Quote from: Dani Rae on May 03, 2019, 10:32:27 PM

That's in theory. In reality, about a third of trans folks have negative experiences with healthcare providers each year. Doctors are human. Even well-meaning ones can't necessarily put professionalism ahead of their biases, beliefs, and preconceptions. So while I do not think every doctor is terrible, I know there is a decent chance of having a bad experience.

Are you really sure about this?  I happen to be a member of the medical profession, and as you can see, I am also trans.

I don't think that this many of my peers are as biased as you feel.  Some yes, because you  have idiots in any profession, but most are pretty decent people.
I wish you luck and hope your problem will be solved soon!

•  

TransParkie

Personally?? I'd just make an appointment with my primary care physician....
  •